Deadly Weapon by Gottlieb (1990)

Viewing 19 posts - 61 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    STAT
    Participant
      @stefanaustria
      MemberContributor

Thanks Schreibi & also to Thalamus :good:

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

You forgot Herweh ;-)

Weeksy
        Participant
          @weeksy

A big thank you to all involved parties. Looks great, plays beautifully, very well done !

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Herweh
          Participant
            @herweh
            vipMemberContributor

Thanks Schreibi & also to Thalamus :good:

Oha!!!  ;-)

naeromagus
            Participant
              @naeromagus

Thanks for the Update

JR
              Participant
                @jfr1

Working perfect here now.  This is yet another table I’d never seen that has a very fun and different layout.  Gottlieb made under 1,000 of these?  Thanks to all involved for bringing this to VP life!  Love the swerves and curves to this table.     but ooof…I’m sticking with Wildman’s Lady Death fantasy backglass.

outhere
                  @outhere
                  MemberContributorvipModerator

You need to go back and read all the postings in this topic the answer you Looking for is already here…

The Gottlieb roms were taken down from vpuniverse and vpforums by request time ago, the link u shared at the first page have no results.

I don’t remember the page name but I found the room using google, wasn’t a pinball related page, and no need to register.

Edit:

I think it was this one -> https://wowroms.com/en/roms/mame/deadly-weapon/80499.html

I wonder why the links work for me

ashleyb
                  Participant
                    @ashleyb

Absolutely fantastic table, love Schreibi34’s tables. Much appreciated!

Blacksad
                    Participant
                      @blacksad

Thanks for this beauty guys, I never take the time to try it but I will very soon ! :good:

Blacksad
                      Participant
                        @blacksad

I finally got to test your table today and I have to admit that it’s really great, the reflections effects, the sound, the physics…

The effect of realism is really striking !

Well done man and thanks again for sharing ! :heart:

robertms
                        Participant
                          @mophead

@Schreibi34 I played a lot of real pinball the last few days at the Chicago Pinball Expo (played more than 100 different machines) and was able to play some games on a mint condition Deadly Weapon. I couldn’t believe how realistic your recreation compared to the real thing, graphically a mirror copy down to the finest color tones, lighting, sidewalls geometry, flipper angles, ball behavior, saucer physics, I mean just perfect! I would gladly display my v-pin right next to it so people (read: snobby pinball collectors) could see for themselves how realistic Visual Pinball simulation has gotten, just to quiet some of the critics.

I also played some games on a Victory and Vector and also came away feeling your VPX versions compared very favorably to the real pins. Kudos to you and @Sindbad for fantastic job on these tables, many thanks again for all you guys do for our community and hope you continue to make these incredible recreations!

Schreibi34
                          Participant
                            @schreibi34

Wow, that sounds great! Don’t forget Herweh who did the saucer physics and much more for DW. Glad you’re enjoying our work!

robertms
                            Participant
                              @mophead

Don’t forget Herweh who did the saucer physics and much more

Yes of course, @Herweh is a genius in my book on so many levels, a true mastermind with capabilities way over my head. I am so glad he’s back in our world and just killing it out of the gate :good:

Schreibi34
                              Participant
                                @schreibi34

@robertms

Please tell me that you took a giant picture of the backglass! I know somebody who is looking for one! The existing one is really horrible.

robertms
                                Participant
                                  @mophead

Sorry @Schreibi34, tried taking some pictures at the Expo but the lighting and environment weren’t conducive to producing quality images. The gaming hall was too dark with too many reflections from neighboring machines, couldn’t even get the focus to work half the time (on my phone camera). Sample crappy shot below, the topper was hilarious though..

expo2019_SouthPark

Schreibi34
                                  Participant
                                    @schreibi34

Ouch! Yeah, that doesen’t look too good! But a solution might be on the way!

Damn, can’t read the sign on the topper!

BrandonLaw
                                    Participant
                                      @brandonlaw

Stumbled somehow on this table at I think VPU…. not my normal type of play-table, but damn if I haven’t been playing it for almost 3 hours.  It’s invigorating.  “WE HAVE A HOSTAGE SITUATION” is stuck in my head right next to this table’s wonderful play.  Just so real.  What a fucking time to be alive.  Great attention to detail to all involved.

Oh…hey…btw…I have a pinDMD3 and this thing wigs out a bit.  Normal?  I might ding-dong with VPinMame settings, but I’ll throw it out there if anyone has a stable fix for the digits going a tad bonkers.   I just don’t know Gottlieb stuff or the history of this title.

"Fuck this game. I love it."

JR
                                      Participant
                                        @jfr1

This table has a very unique/fun flow to it.  How’d you miss the wip?  Some fascinating stuff.

quicksave80
                                        Participant
                                          @quicksave80

I know this is an older thread but I hope someone can help me. I having the same issue as some of you had with the game not pushing out a ball after you hit start. I started from scratch by deleting the registry, nvram, replacing the rom and using the nvram with the one provided on the thread, but nothing has worked. it also always launches with a switch error and I have to press f3 to restart. Not sure that has anything to do with it.

Viewing 19 posts - 61 through 79 (of 79 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?