Deadly Weapon (Gottlieb 1990) – WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Schreibi34
    Participant
      @schreibi34

I finally found a way to render transparent plastics without using Photoshop to combine transparency and IOR refraction. Flupper told me how it was done and i imediatly knew that this was to much work for me! Important for the material was that it still looks like a glass render with edges who emit light reflections and gloss in a realistic way. I would say that i lost about 10% in render quality but saved myself around 3 weeks of extra render time and PS work. On my mediocre system this one plastic takes about 50 min. to render. The table has 22 plastics. Each plastic is rendered at least 6-8 times in low quality to get the reflections and lighting right. After that i render the object in full quality. When it needs some further fine tuning i have to render full quality once again.

Now you know why it takes 6-9 months for guys like flupper or Bord to get a major table done. g5k uses a rendering farm. That doesen’t mean that it is easier for him to make a great looking table. You still need a lot of talent and you have to be 100% accurate to make tables on that level. The rendering farm just saves him some time.

DW - Plastic Texture alpha 2

Schreibi34
      Participant
        @schreibi34

With a black background:

DW - Plastic Texture alpha black 2

Shannon
        Participant
          @shannon1

The table looks amazing.  The quality of some of our authors work is unbelievable. If my table looks half this good, I would be happy. Keep up the good work!

Mark70
          Participant
            @mark70

It looks real, just beautiful!

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Schreibi34
            Participant
              @schreibi34

Hey guys,

can anyone point me out to tables with a simple primitive DT script? Scripting stuff like that goes over my head so i need something that i can copy/paste.

Thanks!

Schreibi34
              Participant
                @schreibi34

Finished the GI-OFF lighting so i can now start rendering for the second time.

The massive reflections on the acrylic stuff will only be seen at the far end of the table once i start rendering textures. Thats because the twxture camara is higher up to fit the FS POV a bit better. The reflections on the PF should only happen in the alley areas on the final table. I might even have to reduce this a bit for the texture. The plastics already have the acrylic texture material applied with no IOR on the flat surfaces! The one that i showed you a couple of posts back!

Herweh is working hard on the script and the target animations while doing his Hurricane build! Thanks, man!

Here is the link to the full size .png:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtQwS7kKT0THg8w0mEMY1iDwuBQjNQ

I would recommend to DL the image because the Onedrive preview is horrible!

Smaller version:

Rendering GI-OFF 02

3 users thanked author for this post.
                STAT
                Participant
                  @stefanaustria
                  MemberContributor

WOW, thats a Photo ? Can’t believe … :good:

Mark70
                  Participant
                    @mark70

Wow – it looks awesome!!  Very interesting wip and table, thanks for posting updates.

naeromagus
                    Participant
                      @naeromagus

I had to do a double take, amazingly, realistic render. Keep up the great work

robertms
                      Participant
                        @mophead

Hey @Schreibi34, that looks amazing! Also excited to see the 3D cab-walls prim again, it absolutely transformed your Victory table. Thank you for all the effort you’re putting into this WIP, really looking forward to it!

Schreibi34
                        Participant
                          @schreibi34

Yeah, but the cab walls are less deep this time. We’ll see if they have the same effect as they had on the Victory table.

STAT
                          Participant
                            @stefanaustria
                            MemberContributor

Need help for B2S, new Image avaiable, whatever to directb2s ? … let me know B-)

Schreibi34
                            Participant
                              @schreibi34

Do you have a new image or do you need a better one? Because i only have the DT image from 32a’s table. And that one is far from perfect.

A newer BG with a better image would be great! Anybody with resources?

zimbakin
                              Participant
                                @zimbakin

Level of detail is incredible, great work!

Never take advice from me,
                                you'll end up drunk.

Schreibi34
                                Participant
                                  @schreibi34

Alright guys, we’re getting closer to release!

Herweh is working on the Airball feature and i’m close to finishing gameplay / physics and visual finetuning.

Here are a couple of images from the VPX version:

DW 0.9 GI-ON

DW 0.9 GI-OFF

A small gameplay video with mediocre quality! Couldn’t figure out why the win10 gameshit is only recording this in low quality. Maybe it’s the mechanical HDD.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtQwS7kKT0THg9EsFCeDDDoDb6JToQ

Scotty VH
                                    @scottt
                                    ModeratorMember

WOW!!!! Looks Awesome!  Can’t wait to play it!

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Looks like it plays great! Looking very nice

********************************************************
                                      Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                      for IOS and Android

********************************************************

JR
                                      Participant
                                        @jfr1

This table looks very interesting!  Thanks!!  Ready with rom!!

bord
                                          @bord
                                          MembervipContributorModerator

This table looks very interesting! Thanks!! Ready with rom!!

You won’t be disappointed. This is a master class in lighting and modeling. Really, really top level visual stuff going on here.

JR
                                          Participant
                                            @jfr1

Ooof, sounds like I should be looking for a 40″ 4k.  Yep, following Rusty’s post.

Although, I’ve yet to see any other virtual cabs IRL.  And the work you guys have provided is mind-blowing even with the budget build I have.  So maybe I should stay happily ignorant.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?