Default pinball image

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    roccodimarco
    Participant
      @roccodimarco

Just curious as to what everyone else is using.  For me, I use the option in the settings to have my ball image overwrite all tables.  I forget where I got the ball image from (it may have came from Haunt) but I believe it was ball hdr ( I will grab the file later), but I always prefered this ball image because it seems to jump out more on the tables.  Does anyone else use this feature, and what is your go to ball image?

JR
      Participant
        @jfr1

I’m just getting ready to start going through tables and making some changes like this.  Thanks for throwing this out there!  I think it’s the ball in Diner that I was going to add to some tables but there are a bunch of really nice ones.  Will definitely check out your suggestion.

Lizard
        Participant
          @lizard

Yeah i overwrite the ball image for 99% of tables. Then if i want another ball image like a soccer ball in flipper football i hard code it in the script.

roccodimarco
          Participant
            @roccodimarco

Here is the ball I use.

Attachments:
            Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Funny how we are not seeing things the same. I haven’t looked at the uploaded ball, but, I do recognize its name so it is probably the ball I ALWAYS change for something else :)

When I see that ball, is see it as a line going across it and it really annoys me :-(

naeromagus
              Participant
                @naeromagus

I have a folder of 30 or so different images that i may swap in on occasion if I feel I do not like the default one for that table.  :scratch:

roccodimarco
                Participant
                  @roccodimarco

Funny how we are not seeing things the same. I haven’t looked at the uploaded ball, but, I do recognize its name so it is probably the ball I ALWAYS change for something else :)

When I see that ball, is see it as a line going across it and it really annoys me :-(

WELL, how about you share the one you use! lol

JR
                  Participant
                    @jfr1

Ha!  Today was my first time spending time with ball swaps.  My VP is next to a ’60’s EM with 80% 44’s and 47’s on playfield so I have a look I’m used to and would like to add that same feel to some of my vp tables.  Using Gilligan’s Island as a test table – it’s has a JP super-dark ball so it’s easy to tell you’re making changes – I have to say that @roccodimarco ‘s ball is very close to what I’m looking for.  I had mentioned liking Flupper’s Diner ball…but um…I think there’s a bit more to getting that ball loaded and looking right…  is that guys middle name Merlin??  So I worked with Party Zone ball a bit, like that…but not enough to upload a file.  I think rocco’s captures the same look but better.  So I’m also curious to see Thalamus’ favorite ball.  I’m still working on getting his very sweet dmd vids loaded up!

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

I normally don’t change ball image for tables, except for when that mentioned ball comes up. And then, I have to find a ball that fits, depending upon the texture env. I prefer the balls to be light and shiny.

JR
                      Participant
                        @jfr1

…and that light and shiny ball is…??

BorgDog
                        Participant
                          @borgdog
                          MemberContributorvip

i usually only change ball images when it it the ‘cubicle ball’ or the ‘storage unit ball’ as I call them, as that is what the images actually appear to be, and I can’t un-see them.  both are pretty common, the ‘storage unit ball’ as I call it I believe is the default vpx ball.  the ball @roccodimarco put up is I believe the same one I commonly use on my tables that I got from a sliderpoint table at one time, but it doesn’t always fit with whatever environment image I’m using which changes based on the table colors and lighting.  I personally don’t see how a 1-ball for all could possibly work, just as much as I don’t think a 1-physics set for all could not possibly work. But hey anybody can do anything they want, that’s the joy of vp.

JR
                          Participant
                            @jfr1

Bumping this because…I’ve added the ball Rocco suggested to over a dozen tables.  For my set-up and environment it adds a better visual experience.

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

So, what’s the reason for the bump ? B-) Not enough answers ? :-)

JR
                              Participant
                                @jfr1

Just to let anyone semi interested know that this ball option made a difference on some tables for me. If you’re hooking up with JPS for some real life pin playing, wow, wish I could be there.

<!–more–>

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

Oh. I am. We’ve already agreed upon meeting for lunch tomorrow and I’ve more than hinted that we’re going to head to “Tilt”, next. He agreed. I’m in Oslo now. Sunday is the finals for the Norwegian Pinball Championship, held at Tilt. There are some qualifying spots avail tonight and tomorrow. I’m going to try for that. Where I live I have to travel quite far in order to participate in any tournament, so since I was going on a business trip on Monday afternoon anyway, I decided for a pinball weekend. Meeting JP is of course icing on the cake. Really looking forward to it.

Using one image for all tables is only the best solution if you don’t really want to put in the extra work of making it look good for the tables manually :whistle:

Often, I find that the default image ( not picking any ) looks better.

BorgDog
                                  Participant
                                    @borgdog
                                    MemberContributorvip

cool @thalamus, have a great pinball weekend.

JR
                                    Participant
                                      @jfr1

Kinda hoping @thalamus shares some pics with us!  Out of the 10,000 lurkers on this site and the 50 that are active, how many have had the chance to meet a legend like JP.  Very cool.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?