Demolition Man (Williams)(1994)(Knorr-Kiwi)(FS-DT)(VP10) 1.1

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Ben Logan2
    Participant
      @benlogan2

Just played for three hours. Wow, what an update. Excellent physics. Shadows look fantastic. Lighting really “blows up.” Love the brightness of the new inserts.

On a few occasions the table kicked out an extra ball onto the playfield. Fortress multiball (the first mb) is just a two ball multiball, right? A few times it suddenly became a three ball event. Also, if I went a while without hitting anything and the table went into ball search mode, it kicked another ball out of the cryoclaw VUK. I played probably twenty games, and this happened maybe three times. I deleted the nvram, but that didn’t fix the problem. I think I’m on the latest 10.5 beta, but not sure. I updated last week I think.

Finally finished all four multiballs and got to “Demolition Time.” Killer light show! Super fun table. Looks stunning and plays great. Like your STNG, this one really feels like a widebody. Excellent work! Thanks so much.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Knorr
      Participant
        @knorr
        vipContributor

Thanks Ben!

I will into that vuk problem. I know about that but I think I got to fix it.

The ball number at the Multiball modes depends on the freezes. I will look at that too.

Again, thanks for reporting here, a few days ago someone told me about bugs reported on other sites like Facebook or I don’t know where. I’m not on Facebook or any other social sites so the best is always to write here :).

Sliderpoint
        Participant
          @sliderpoint
          MemberContributor

New update is nice. Great work!  Although the insert colors are all whacked.  Is there an option to go back to stock or do I just change to suit my preference for original?

-Mike

Knorr
          Participant
            @knorr
            vipContributor

What do you mean with whacked? I had to darken the red inserts a bit for the lightning, beside that and the ambient OCC stuff it should be same.

Josh
            Participant
              @osujd

Knorr,

First off great table….Its been a long time since I have been this addicted to one machine.  I played 10-12 hours this weekend.  I only noticed one issue.  I experience tearing and low framerate when more then 2 balls where on the screen.  Not sure if it is just my machine or not. I am running a TitanX card and an i7-4760 I would think I have enough horsepower there but maybe I am wrong.

Sliderpoint
              Participant
                @sliderpoint
                MemberContributor

What do you mean with whacked? I had to darken the red inserts a bit for the lightning, beside that and the ambient OCC stuff it should be same.

Two different things.  The inserts when “off” are green (for me, because that is my default unassigned material color, most people with the light pink default may not notice it).  The second is personal preference for not using colored lights on the inserts red, yellow, blue, etc and even color changing. I’m wondering if there is an option to set those to the oem white.

I also didn’t have the first version of this, so this may not be new to this version.

-Mike

EDIT:  taking a quick look, it looks like the first issue is related to not having “pass through” checked on the insert lights on layer 3.  Don’t know why that doesn’t work though.

Jopp
                Participant
                  @joppnl

Great table, great play, thank you for that!

One thing I can not get to work though:

What I read the rulesheet and what has been confirmed by users who kno Demo man well is that the Freeze-lights should turn on when completing the yellow stand-ups. Then, it might take 1 or more freezes to get a MB light which you can start then.

But, hitting the yellow standup targets does not give me freeze-lights, no matter how much I hit them.

They do register for a certain amount of points and they do change color but, as said, no freeze light and therefore no MB.

Only way to get a Freeze-light is by the claw.

Tried deleting the NVRam, tried different options in the menu of the table itself (difficulty level of the freeze) but none of this helps.

Any thoughts?

My favorite pinball machine?
                  Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

Bluetooth
                  Participant
                    @bluetooth

Thanks for this nice and refreshing update ! :heart:

Phisic is much better, light more finest  :good:

Knorr
                    Participant
                      @knorr
                      vipContributor

Two different things. The inserts when “off” are green (for me, because that is my default unassigned material color, most people with the light pink default may not notice it). The second is personal preference for not using colored lights on the inserts red, yellow, blue, etc and even color changing. I’m wondering if there is an option to set those to the oem white.

I also didn’t have the first version of this, so this may not be new to this version.

-Mike

EDIT: taking a quick look, it looks like the first issue is related to not having “pass through” checked on the insert lights on layer 3. Don’t know why that doesn’t work though.

ok, i dont know why. The insert light have a base called inserts light and the lights use the material of this base…

dont know if this is a feature or a bug…

Edit: Wrong material was assigned, my fault…

Edit: Tomorrow i will upload a newer version with a fix for the ball searching and the insert light…

Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

Happy to hear that there is a update coming. I haven’t had time to play this table extensively yet so I dint’t notice the reported “problems”. But, what I did see was a great improvement on graphics and gameplay. It became a new table. Very much appreciated Knorr ! :rose:

Knorr
                        Participant
                          @knorr
                          vipContributor

@BenLogan2 @Sliderpoint

Thanks for bugreport. I have updated the file. I hope everthing is working as aspected.

4 users thanked author for this post.
                          Ben Logan2
                          Participant
                            @benlogan2

Thanks for 1.3.1, Knorr

:good:

mwong168
                            Participant
                              @mwong168

Demolition Man will always hold a special place for me as it was my very first pin and DMD.  Oh I also can’t forget it because I lugged it up and down my basement stairs 3x because that is how many times I’ve sold and re-bought the same machine from my friends over the past 7-8 years  :wacko:    The third time was a charm but I had finally had enough and needed to make room for another title I wanted a lot more which was creech.

Anyways thanks Knorr for all your work and providing all these fantastic updates.  I’m looking forward to enjoying this once my cabinet is done.

Mark70
                              Participant
                                @mark70

While downloading: Thanks for another update Knorr! :good:

Mark70
                                Participant
                                  @mark70

The table looks and plays really great! Better than ever.

I really like the loud noises for the wire ramps, it adds so much. But it seems that there is no sound for the plastic ramps.
                                  I report it just for the case it was not on purpose.

Cheers!

senseless
                                  Participant
                                    @senseless

Another great update Knorr on one of my favourite wide bodies. I played for an hour and noticed some small things:

1) Retina does not always register even on a full blown hit.

2) During multiball the table stutters. Not really sure why. Is this table pushing the limits when it comes to using lights?

All-in-all a great table and love the demolition time ;).

RallyRally
                                    Participant
                                      @rallyrally

I ended up increasing BallMass, gravity and friction just a bit to get more speed and less lateral spin. Everything is working great about 90% of the time, but I am seeing some glitchy ball physics that other 10%. Might just be my setup, I dunno. The table itself is great and looks superb. I can regularly achieve 1.2B, so it’s a keeper for me. Thank you!

Knorr
                                      Participant
                                        @knorr
                                        vipContributor

Knorr,

First off great table….Its been a long time since I have been this addicted to one machine. I played 10-12 hours this weekend. I only noticed one issue. I experience tearing and low framerate when more then 2 balls where on the screen. Not sure if it is just my machine or not. I am running a TitanX card and an i7-4760 I would think I have enough horsepower there but maybe I am wrong.

In the past there was a problem with some certain db2s files. If you use them please try another one to see if it can be fixed.

Skyrider
                                        Participant
                                          @skyrider

Awesome table! Thanks a lot for sharing! :good:

nonozor
                                          Participant
                                            @nonozor

Among the best one, amazing, thanks a lot for this master peace !  :good:   :good:
                                            Have you made another ones ? If not, please do it !!!!!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 79 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?