Demolition Man (Williams)(1994)(Knorr-Kiwi)(FS-DT)(VP10) 1.1

Viewing 19 posts - 61 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    coreduo0099
    Participant
      @coreduo0099

Quick update.. it is not the version, it seems to be the filename.. maybe tied to something weird in the registry.. TBD unless others have the same.  after posting I renamed my files like so:

VPinballX.exe (which is 10.6.0 GA and it causes the issue)

VPinballX_10.6.0.exe  works fine (same exe as above in same directory, just renamed)

VPinballX_10.6.0b3778 works fine

coreduo0099
      Participant
        @coreduo0099

Found it.  Sorry for clogging up everyone’s email notifications if subscribed.  while trying to fix a pinball X focus issue for this table with the pup pack I was experimenting with app properties and left a compatibility setting on I thought I had disabled…

Friffy1
        Participant
          @friffy1

What an amazing table. The effort must have been tremendous. And it shows.

I’m guessing it’s by design, but I figured magnasave buttons would control the claw. Seems that’s not the case. I saw no option in the script or anything. Anyway, just figured I’d ask in case I’m just missing something simple somewhere.

Again, top-notch table!

macko
          Participant
            @macko

Primero. Dar la Gracias. Magnifica mesa. Una gran consulta, Por que no me Funciona el Tilt?

macko
            Participant
              @macko

Excelente!! Muchas gracias!!!!

xero
              Participant
                @xero

I’ve been wanting this forever! The table works and I get machine sounds, but the game/ROM sounds don’t play :(

Any suggestions? I ran VPinMame Test and checked the ROM, sound files all say ok. Also went through DMD and made sure all the audio settings were turned up, but still no sound effects.

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

Tried deleting nvram ?

xero
                  Participant
                    @xero

Thanks for the quick reply! I’m pretty new to this so I’m not sure how to do that, however I have deleted the ROM/ZIP file and re-downloaded. I am experiencing this sound issue on both this table as well as Batman (Data East 1991, btmn_106). I managed to get some background music by enabling ALTsounds using F1, but that’s all I get and it’s REALLY quiet.

I found this ROM sound pack which I thought might help but I’ve been unable to figure out how to ‘install?’ it.
                    https://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=662

BlackPredator72
                    Participant
                      @blackpredator72

Thanks for the quick reply! I’m pretty new to this so I’m not sure how to do that, however I have deleted the ROM/ZIP file and re-downloaded. I am experiencing this sound issue on both this table as well as Batman (Data East 1991, btmn_106). I managed to get some background music by enabling ALTsounds using F1, but that’s all I get and it’s REALLY quiet.

I found this ROM sound pack which I thought might help but I’ve been unable to figure out how to ‘install?’ it.

https://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=662

Check this page: https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=35576

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

@xero : I highly recommend that you get your roms from VPU. They are split sets, so, sometime you need to get more than one rom. Use pinmame to see what roms exists for the game in question. For more info on cleaning up and resolving issues. Look at our wiki. Since you are new, there might be a few subjects there which will get you further in understanding how to resolve this and future issues.

xero
                        Participant
                          @xero

Thanks BlackPredator and Thalamus. I deleted and re-ran to update the nvram, still no sound fix. As mentioned, I hear bumper/flipper sounds perfectly and there is VERY quiet background music, but no other sound effects. I’m using the dm_lx4 ROM from VPU and running PinMAME test shows the sound should check out so it should be working ok…

UPDATE: I was able to get sound effects by changing Resampling Quality to 1, however the game volume is still very quiet even though in-game volume is maxed and the flipper volume is VERY loud. Is there a way to turn down the mechanical sounds of the table?

Attachments:
                          BlackPredator72
                          Participant
                            @blackpredator72

Have you tried to change the volume of the table?

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&article=44

xero
                            Participant
                              @xero

AHA!!! That did the trick! I had no idea there was a volume menu accessable through the DMD! I tried the tilde (`) key, checking the = key, audio settings…. but the solution was the End key all along. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

That is how it is – being a pinball technician.

bietekwiet
                                Participant
                                  @bietekwiet

Thank you for the table!

I have an issue: Which button(s) are assigned to move the claw?
                                  There are supposed to be 2 trigger buttons that move the claw on the real table and a top button to release the button.
                                  I have not found which buttons in VPX should correspond to those…magna save buttons don’t seem to be the ones.

Any idea?

ktranth
                                  Participant
                                    @ktranth

It looks like the script just automates/randomizes the claw? Not sure if it’s possible currently to change to Magnasave/Fire buttons– but that would be awesome!

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

What are you talking about ? I’m able to put the ball in the lane I want – just like the real pin ?!

dukepapas
                                      Participant
                                        @dukepapas

hello i think the music of the game its to low…….how can fix it?

outhere
                                          @outhere
                                          MemberContributorvipModerator

hello i think the music of the game its to low…….how can fix it?

See — tutorials at the top of this page  — https://www.vpforums.org/
                                          In volume adjustments, See — Volume Adjustment – Bally/Midway/Williams WPC

Viewing 19 posts - 61 through 79 (of 79 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?