Diablo Pinball

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Scottywic
    Participant
      @scottywic

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/diablo/

*write up from JP, I’m not complimenting myself, though I am pretty great.

Based on the characters of the computer game Diablo III by Blizzard Entertainment.

jpsalas: VPX table (layout, script)

scottywic: graphics & sounds (including DMD)

STAT: b2s

This table could have never been finished if scottywic hadn’t remake all the graphics, make all the sounds and animations for the DMD, and he tested and tested and came up with changes here and there. So a big thanks to him

The table is an original, so don’t look for roms

It uses UltraDMD, so just copy the Diablo.UltraDMD folder in the same folder as the table.

And read the manual. There aren’t complicated rules or modes, the game play should straightforward, but reading will help you understand the table and what are the goals.

This table is a cooperative table. The different player do not play against each other but they unite against the Lords of Hell. Still each player will have each own score, bonus, experience level, etc.

Still reading? Go and play it

Total of 29 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Thanks for taking the time to share this great build here!  :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

takut
        Participant
          @takut
          MemberContributor

Great Table. Thanks for sharing this masterpiece  :good:

Sliderpoint
          Participant
            @sliderpoint
            MemberContributor

Fun table!  Could stand to normalize some of that audio, but the whole thing is pretty cool!

-Mike

ninuzzu
            Participant
              @ninuzzu
              vipMember

Very cool table and layout, need to study the rules :D

Wolfanoz
              Participant
                @wolfanoz

Thank you so much from a HUGE Diablo fan.  This is up there with Three Angels for fun / sound  factor.  Incredible! :good:

Paulo Carvalho
                Participant
                  @paulohotline

Hey guys, there is a script mod that stops 2 players from auto joining when you hit the start button when playing UltraDMD tables. I used it on KISS and AMH but I do not remember the line I added to the script. Previous to this mod every time I hit start 2 players and its annoying. Anyone have it?

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
                  http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
                  "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Scottywic
                  Participant
                    @scottywic

as a real big three angles fan this compliment means alot.

Thanks bud, I’m glad you dig it, also even better as a Diablo fan as I tried really hard to make the pin and the game feel tied together pretty tightly.
                    JP and i had endless revisions to make that happen. There were a few times we were so stumped that this table almost didn’t come to fruition, but we’ve quite happy with where it ended up, so I’m glad it was able to make it out to the public.

Thanks again.

RustyCardores
                      @rustycardores
                      MemberModerator

This is very cool. Sadly though, I have a playfield focus issue on start (under PBX) and a B2S no close issue on close.

Time to investigate.

RESOLVED: I was advised to add

Sub Table1_exit()
                      Controller.Stop
                      End Sub

to the script…. which I had done, but it didn’t work until I put it at the very end of the script ???

Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

Sounds odd that you needed to put this at the very end of the script to get it working I admit. I’ve seen a few tables that doesn’t have this code and man, that can be a problem if you have solenoids in you cab and one is stuck as you exit the game. Guess you don’t have that problem Russell … another one to stick to us ;-)

RustyCardores
                          @rustycardores
                          MemberModerator

Sounds odd that you needed to put this at the very end of the script to get it working I admit. I’ve seen a few tables that doesn’t have this code and man, that can be a problem if you have solenoids in you cab and one is stuck as you exit the game. Guess you don’t have that problem Russell … another one to stick to us ;-)

I’ll try moving it back and see if it fails again. It is odd and perhaps it was some other glitch that just happen to rectify itself at the same time?

…and yeah, no solenoids here… PMD for the win!  ;)

Scooby
                          Participant
                            @scooby

This table is a lot of fun, thanks for sharing.  One question, has DOF support been added for the table?  I couldn’t find it, but thought I’d ask.

Thanks again.

Marc
                            Participant
                              @marcdaddy

No DOF as of today, I cant wait for that!!!

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

thanks for the update!

********************************************************
                                Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                for IOS and Android

********************************************************

STAT
                                Participant
                                  @stefanaustria
                                  MemberContributor

I hope you all get the Images, and Gate Close/open Animation ?
                                  I am not sure, what is the “Problem” for Thalamus … and want to solve this … :unsure:

Marc
                                  Participant
                                    @marcdaddy

Plays great on my setup, DOF will make it even better.

BorgDog
                                    Participant
                                      @borgdog
                                      MemberContributorvip

@Scottywic I’ve been enjoying both this and Stranger Things, and there is one thing that I’ve noticed a few times on both machines that might be nice to change (or not, your table :good: ).  Anyway, when ball save is active and the ball goes out an outlane, a lot of machines will activate the save then and kick out another ball without actually waiting for the ball to hit the drain.  It’s a nice feature as there have been several times where ball save light is on when the ball hits the outlane switch, but has turned off by the time it makes it to the drain, hence no save.

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus
                                        ContributorMemberModerator

There is a 1.0.2 avail over at vpf – 1.0.1 has a potential crash around act4 if I remember correctly. STAT reported it and JP updated, haven’t seen that happen since. There is however some issues with auto plunger suddenly gets disabled. But, I don’t mine getting some extra exercise needing to use my right knee to push the plunger :-) It is probably a flag somewhere that get set to zero ? If so, I’m quite sure that setting the plunger to auto every time mb starts could be part of a fix.

Scottywic
                                        Participant
                                          @scottywic

I definitely agree @borgdog that should be in the script, i’ll look into that.

Thanks for the kind words

1dcs
                                          Participant
                                            @1dcs

I’m getting a line 1995 error. It says activeX component cannot create object “UltraDMD.DMDobject” anyone have a idea of how to fix this? Or any ideas of where to look for help?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 82 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?