Diner VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    TNT2
    Participant
      @tnt2

:good:

roccodimarco
      Participant
        @roccodimarco

I fired this one up last night, and noticed when the right flipper is in the up position, the serve again color changes on the field.  Any ideas on this?  It doesn’t change game play, just something I noticed .

Just a follow up.  Anyone else running into this?

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

eh. no ? Never had any issues with this table. But, I must admit, I havend played it in the last couple of months either – it’s on my perfect re-creation collection. You should go through the https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/ – sometime, bad nvram can really crew up the best built tables.

rothbauerw
            @rothbauerw
            ModeratorContributorMembervip

Just gave it a try and I’m seeing no issues.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

roccodimarco
            Participant
              @roccodimarco

here is what’s happening. I tried to reset nvram and it still happens.
              DBCBB585-B14F-4ABE-AF03-B3FE16828D80D740D38A-9B0B-4389-89E3-4D4DCE6B83464844000D-ABC6-4716-B276-6ABFA9A656C0

rothbauerw
                @rothbauerw

I believe it has primitive flipper shadows.  You’ll see that when you enable ScSp Reflections.

Edit: Confirmed.  Just enabled ScSP Reflections and I get the same thing.

Flupper
                Participant
                  @philippe

Thanks for figuring that one out! Diner was made before ScSp, so best disable it for Diner.

roccodimarco
                  Participant
                    @roccodimarco

Thanks! Not by the cab atm, but how do you disable it for diner?

roccodimarco
                    Participant
                      @roccodimarco

Ok, so I disabled scsp reflect (turned to off) still getting same results. I’m sure I’m just missing something at this point.

The Loafer
                      Participant
                        @theloafer

Stupid question I know but did you SAVE the table, then completely quit VP and reload/retry?

roccodimarco
                        Participant
                          @roccodimarco

I did. I’m going to try again later tonight. Maybe have some better luck

roccodimarco
                          Participant
                            @roccodimarco

still the same results. Any ideas?
                            1FC6FB3D-FC40-47EF-9928-18EE6FACF78E

JR
                            Participant
                              @jfr1

I play this table often and just checked how things happen here.  Not seeing that anomaly.  I run a very low powered set-up and have those four user settings – – Off….and the rest default.  Aint this fun?

roccodimarco
                              Participant
                                @roccodimarco

I play this table often and just checked how things happen here.  Not seeing that anomaly.  I run a very low powered set-up and have those four user settings – – Off….and the rest default.  Aint this fun?

lol it’s a blast! Table run perfect sans this little anomaly so it’s not the worst thing ever! I can live with it no problem, just one of those things I guess.

roccodimarco
                                Participant
                                  @roccodimarco

Stupid question I know but did you SAVE the table, then completely quit VP and reload/retry?

Just an update.  I did change everything and restart, no luck.  Deleted the table, re-downloaded, loaded up changed settings, still same results.  I have no clue at this point.

rothbauerw
                                    @rothbauerw

Just an update. I did change everything and restart, no luck. Deleted the table, re-downloaded, loaded up changed settings, still same results. I have no clue at this point.

Check under video options and make sure it’s disabled there as well.

roccodimarco
                                    Participant
                                      @roccodimarco

Just an update. I did change everything and restart, no luck. Deleted the table, re-downloaded, loaded up changed settings, still same results. I have no clue at this point.

Check under video options and make sure it’s disabled there as well.

I’ll give it a look tonight!

RussellS
                                      Participant
                                        @russells

Hi, complete newbie here so I hope this isn’t a stupid question.
                                        I have installed Diner for VPX on my two monitor setup and the playfield and backglass are fine and the table plays great. However I don’t have any sound other than the flippers and the ball rolling sound. I have Diner running on VP9 so I am using that as a comparison.
                                        It’s obviously something I’m not doing right as no one else is reporting this issue that I can see but I cannot figure out what it could be. I have another table (24 (Stern 2009) and all the sound is present on that table.

Could someone nudge me in the right direction please.

Thanks

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus
                                          ContributorMemberModerator

Read this and the next 3 messages – might be the reason and solution. https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/mystery-castle-alvin-g-1993/page/3/#post-169332

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          RussellS
                                          Participant
                                            @russells

Read this and the next 3 messages – might be the reason and solution. https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/mystery-castle-alvin-g-1993/page/3/#post-169332

Thanks very much, that worked a treat.

I just deleted the ‘diner_l4’ entry in the registry and restarted VPX and all the sounds are now present.

Thanks once again.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 154 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?