directb2s Backglasses Not Showing Grill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ph349397
    Participant
      @ph349397

First thing: I’m running a two screen cab with a 1920×1080 playfield and a 1280×1024 backglass.  I have screenres.txt set reasonably correctly because most table’s backglass directb2s files function properly (only concern is the LED position/area but I’ll leave that for another time).

For these directb2s backglasses, and just assume I’m using the most recent ones that are available on this site or vpforums or wherever, the grill area doesn’t show:

1. Taxi
      2. Star Wars (1992)
      3. Tom & Jerry
      4. Diner

Just to be clear (especially for new people like myself) this is what I mean by grill area:

b2s_grill_area

On my cab, the image above the grill area is the only image that gets displayed on the backglass, and I think it’s even stretched out to fill the entire backglass monitor.  It definitely fills the entire backglass monitor.

When I open these backglasses in B2S Backglass Designer 1.2, I see that the grill area is formally defined in there, so it looks like it’s a feature of directb2s backglasses that they can be toggled so that the grill area is included in the displayed backglass, OR it can be toggled so that the grill area isn’t displayed and the backglass image above/outside the grill area is stretched  to fill the entire backglass monitor.

Is there a fix for this?

ph349397
      Participant
        @ph349397

OK I just figured this out but I’d like to know if there is an easier way. This is what I did, started up the backglass by itself (I didn’t launch the table):

1. Opened command prompt
        2. CD’d to the directory that my tables are in, and that directory also contains B2SBackglassServerEXE.exe
        3. Ran this command to start a backglass: B2SBackglassServerEXE.exe “Tom and Jerry.directb2s”
        4. Once the backglass displayed on the backglass monitor, right-clicked on the displaying backglass image and the settings menu pops up
        5. In the “Visibility” section, went to the “Grill” dropdown and set it to “Visible”

I was curious as to where these settings changes are stored so I looked at the timestamp of the “Tom and Jerry.directb2s” file and it didn’t change.  So where are these settings stored?

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

post your screenres.txt file

ph349397
          Participant
            @ph349397

Here you go:

Attachments:
            outhere
              @outhere
              MemberContributorvipModerator

With a 2 screen set up these are normally set to 0 then the grill show automatically

More info
              https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/3-screen-set-up-and-more/

1 user thanked author for this post.
              ph349397
              Participant
                @ph349397

With a 2 screen set up these are normally set to 0 then the grill show automatically

More info
                https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/3-screen-set-up-and-more/

Wow, thanks for that!  I haven’t tried it yet but this is good to know.  Definitely a mistake I’ve been making for the past week at least.

FYI, for the inexperienced people like me, those values are the “LED” values.  If you use the B2S_ScreenResEditor.exe to edit screenres.txt, B2S_ScreenResEditor.exe displays them here:

B2S_ScreenResEditor_LED_values

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?