Dixieland (Bally 1968) released

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    LTA
    Participant
      @luvthatapex

ok, put on your favorite 60s tunes and fire up this new release from 1968. Ballys Dixieland 1968.

This is a Ted Zale classic with his signature moves like zipper flippers, opening and closing gates and not one but 2 death lanes. This also supports the D-I-X-I-E-L-A-N-D carry over feature that retains letter status over subsequent plays. Earn the last letter and earn a replay. This is a single player 5 ball game with several replay scores. 1800 units made with very few surviving over the years. Needless to say resources were non-existent for this game aside from a few screen shots and a few videos but I managed to cobber a playfield and plastics set that isn’t great but has to do for now. Hopefully I have the rules correct. Feel free to make it better!

File contains table, flyers, directb2s and images for your cab.

Special Thanks to Kees for the Dogies script that was the starting point for the table, STAT for help with the b2s and Scottacus for the carry over logic example. Its been a long time since I made a table so hopefully I posted this correctly. Enjoy.

10 users thanked author for this post.
      JR
      Participant
        @jfr1

1.005 seconds in – straight down the left death lane!  But it went quick so I didn’t have time to ponder anything except how flippin’ COOL this build is!  Extra special thanks LTA, Kees, Statman and Scott!!  Getting to play/experience another Zale is a real treat.

Loserman76
        Participant
          @loserman76
          vipMemberContributor

Sweet – this is a fun table. Some quick observations to an otherwise solid release:

1. there is actually a 3rd slingshot on the right hand side rubber below the exit gate from Basin street
          2. I don’t believe the clarinet bonus is supposed to reset except when you get 500pts via the kicker or hit the center rollover in basin street when the street light is lit
          3. it  appears there is a scoring rubber up top off the plunge on the right side isn’t working correctly – it’s what trips the 200 points for the center rollover plus it opens the key gate.

props to LTA for pulling this all together.

-LM

LTA
          Participant
            @luvthatapex
            oh cool thanks for checking out the game and posting corrections. I’ll check them out tonight.
            Regarding #3 there is a scoring rubber in the top rebound right side that behaves as you described. I’ll double check in case something got turned off.
            LTA

Sweet – this is a fun table. Some quick observations to an otherwise solid release:

1. there is actually a 3rd slingshot on the right hand side rubber below the exit gate from Basin street
            2. I don’t believe the clarinet bonus is supposed to reset except when you get 500pts via the kicker or hit the center rollover in basin street when the street light is lit
            3. it appears there is a scoring rubber up top off the plunge on the right side isn’t working correctly – it’s what trips the 200 points for the center rollover plus it opens the key gate.

props to LTA for pulling this all together.

-LM

Loserman76
            Participant
              @loserman76
              vipMemberContributor

Yeah, item #3 definitely flips the light to 200 points, but I don’t think it opens the key gate.

And item #1 scores only 1 point instead of 10 like the 2 lower slingshots.

LTA
              Participant
                @luvthatapex
                oh perfect. will check it out.

Yeah, item #3 definitely flips the light to 200 points, but I don’t think it opens the key gate.

LTA
                Participant
                  @luvthatapex

ok script update.

• save clarinet bonus from ball to ball
                  • 3rd slingshot on the right hand side rubber below the exit gate from Basin street opens key gate
                  • main slings score 10 points, other slings score 1 point

Thanks loserman for the direction.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  JR
                  LTA
                  Participant
                    @luvthatapex

Version 1.01 table with 1.01 script update installed.

7 users thanked author for this post.
                    The Loafer
                    Participant
                      @theloafer

Looking forward to trying this eagerly awaited table!  Hope you enjoyed VPX table building!

Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

With the moderator hat on my head. Any reason for not posting this as a regular release ? Makes it a bit, lets say. Easier for end users and yourself. Change log etc. I’m sure that most people would like a proper screenshot etc.

32assassin
                        Participant
                          @32assassin

thanks

4K redraw

Dixieland  (Bally 1967)

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                          https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

LTA
                          Participant
                            @luvthatapex
                            No reason at all. I thought I posted it correctly. Its been 7 years since I made any tables so I am unfamilar with the vpinball.com protocol. Feel free to adjust whatever I posted to make it a regular release!
                            Thanks
                            LTA

With the moderator hat on my head. Any reason for not posting this as a regular release ? Makes it a bit, lets say. Easier for end users and yourself. Change log etc. I’m sure that most people would like a proper screenshot etc.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?