DMD issues

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    jayray442
    Participant
      @jayray442

Started using Pinup Player as new front end and really like it. Was wandering some tables seem to not load the DMD once in a while or the DMD will Load but not work(i have to exit and start again and they are fine. I know its not the table because i try the same tables through other front ends and they load every time fine was just wandering if anyone else was having these same problems.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

what DMD do you have? virtual dmd? pin2dmd? pindmd2? pindmd3?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

NailBuster
          @nailbuster
          ModeratorMember

are you using a pindmd3?  the only issues I’ve heard about have been with the pindmdv3.  if your problem is only with starting/exiting tables (loading popper and browsing work fine until you start a table), then try and increase your delayreturn (check wiki/custom options).

the issue is that Popper uses standard calls to dmddevice.dll… it doesn’t know what’s on the other end (virtual, pin2dmd, pindmd3..etc).

So if it works 100% with pin2dmd and my tests with virtual freezydmd… then its going to be tough to figure out why others don’t like the ‘standard’ calls.

also,  try the latest version of dmdcontrol you can get here:  http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=hardware

jayray442
          Participant
            @jayray442

I’m running 2 screens table and backglass, DMD is just placed on the backglass. Tried to update to newest version of dmdcontrol also tried to add the delay that was stated in custom options in the wiki. No Luck.

jayray442
            Participant
              @jayray442

Like i said its just random sometimes it loads dmd sometimes it doesn’t and also sometime it loads dmd but , its frozen ad you cant add coins of press start. Strange

NailBuster
                @nailbuster
                ModeratorMember

wait… you’re using a LCD dmd?  ….  useDMD and all that other stuff like dmdcontrol is ONLY for hardware dmd…  that all has to be ‘false’.

if you’re having problems with a lcd/pup display… then it’s your media you need to focus on….

jayray442
                Participant
                  @jayray442

Yes my DMD is on my regular backglass(LCD). If it’s a media problem seems strange because it works fine through pinballx with the same media.

NailBuster
                    @nailbuster
                    ModeratorMember

Was wandering some tables seem to not load the DMD once in a while or the DMD will Load but not work(i have to exit and start again and they are fine. I know its not the table because i try the same tables through other front ends and they load every time fine was just wandering if anyone else was having these same problems.

I’m still confused as to your problem….  are you talking about the LCD DMD not working while in a vpx table/game?  or lcd/dmd not working with browsing games in Popper?

and when you say ‘not working’… not showing at all?…  if its in game, if you alt-tab is it behind your directb2s screen?

jayray442
                    Participant
                      @jayray442

Removed all media and same problem.

jayray442
                      Participant
                        @jayray442

Sorry for being confusing(I’m bad about that) When i launch a game sometimes the DMD shows up sometimes it doesn’t. So i did what you said one of the times when the DMD didn’t show i hit ALT TAB and yes it shows up then and when i close and go back to the game it stays up. I hope this helps clarify.

fakingdeath
                        Participant
                          @fakingdeath

Probably only a popper issue as in the way the table is being launched by popper, probably doing it differently than your previous front end (fullscreen exclusive/windowed)

When you hit f1 when the table is loaded what is ticked in that vpinmame window? (What I’m trying to figure out is if you have cabinet mode enabled and if you are using external dll)

David or Terry jump in here if I’m off base, seems just like a vp or vpm setting needs to be changed and not a popper problem

jayray442
                          Participant
                            @jayray442

Cabinet Mode is checked. use external dmd is not checked.

NailBuster
                              @nailbuster
                              ModeratorMember

IMO,  this dmd hiding behind b2s has nothing to do with popper…

my suggestion is to use external dmd and setup freezy as your DMD as it’s better is all ways.  change your settings in dmddevice.ini to your fixed positions.

jayray442
                              Participant
                                @jayray442

Have Freezy installed just not using it(Had problems setting it up). Just trying to understand why the DMD would load sometimes and in VP itself always load and in other front ends always load. Just seems like i would have to have something setup wrong.

fakingdeath
                                Participant
                                  @fakingdeath

Have Freezy installed just not using it(Had problems setting it up). Just trying to understand why the DMD would load sometimes and in VP itself always load and in other front ends always load. Just seems like i would have to have something setup wrong.

The only thing it would be is the command line that’s being passed whether it’s exclusive full screen or windowed full screen. Also some tables have the dmd scripted to always be on top of other windows and some dont. (Referring to vpm dmd’s)

I run the freezys dll because you can toggle the always on top and this won’t be an issue anymore. Plus you can then utilized the PuPCapture feature in pup packs..

jayray442
                                  Participant
                                    @jayray442

The thing that keeps bothering me, is that not only do the dmd not show up when a lunch the tables sometime but also sometimes when they do launch they are froze where you cant enter coins or start a game. The video on the dmd plays but wont accept your key inputs. Works fine on its own in visual pinball and also when launched from pinballX frontend. Has to be something going wrong on launch or its not shutting down all the way on previous exit(which is my gut feeling becasue never seems to happen on first launch). Really want to use popper because i love the playlist and the option for the media in the playlist. Any other ideas?

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Are you sure you don’t have a random dmd.dll from older version in a folder? Maybe search for the ini and dmd and make sure all same

********************************************************
                                      Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                      for IOS and Android

********************************************************

jayray442
                                      Participant
                                        @jayray442

I dont believe i do but wouldn’t it not work no matter how it was launched not only problems through popper.

NailBuster
                                          @nailbuster
                                          ModeratorMember

check to make sure you vpx launchscript is set to 10 10 60 (for vpxstarter.exe line)

also make sure you are on v1.3.3….

when it comes to freezy dmd/ b2s server / vpx all these things startup together and windows can set/change focus sometimes.  Popper has a built-in feature to keep vpx in focus on launch and seems to work for everyone really well..

in your dmddevice.ini you want to make sure stay-on-top is set for a 2 screen setup too.

jayray442
                                          Participant
                                            @jayray442

When you say make sure you vpx launchscript is set to 10 10 60 do you mean in the individual table script because i’m not sure how to look at a general launch script. Also in my dmddevie.ini i dont see a spot to set stay on top to a 2 screen setup only a place to true or false to stay on top. I swear this is driving me crazy if always loaded in the background i would understand or even if it did it outside of popper but to do it inside of popper and just randomly just makes no sense to me. Dying to use popper because its awesome. Also i am on 1.33 and i did each upgrade individually as it said.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?