DMD PUP Packs

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    flstclasic
    Participant
      @flstclasic

i have 10 or so tables set up with the pup packs. Everything is running as expected except the DMD (the screen that displays the score). I have a cabinet set up: 4k play field, 1080 back glass and 1080 led for DMD. Setup in windows top aligned left to right play field, backglass, DMD. When I load a pup pack table the DMD always shows up in the top right of the play field. I move it to the 3rd screen DMD and the next time I load the game it is back on the play field. I’m confused on what settings are used to move the DMD (the one that shows the score) around? Should I be able to set this to wherever I want? For example, can I set it to show on a different spot on the play field, or the backglass or the 3rd screen DMD monitor by X and Y?

Everything looks right on the display config when I run it

Settings are:

playfield W=3840, H=2160, X=0, Y=0

backglass W=1920, H=1080, X=3840, Y=0

DMD  W=1920, H=1080, X=5760, Y=0 Is this the setting for where the scoreboard DMD is to go, or is this just for extra video that pops up after being triggered? Or maybe the scoreboard DMD is set using the B2S server? This is where I am lost.

Is their a way to hide the PinUp dmd and just use the PinMame DMD to display scoring, as it shows in the proper place? I am doing like this right now except every time I load a PupPack table I  have to get the mouse out and drag the DMD (PUP version) window all the way closed so I can’t see it and can use the PinMame window.

Thank you everyone, I am really enjoying these PUP Pack tables, what a great addition! Now if I could only get the DMD to display where I want it..

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

If this is for almost every table – wouldn’t it be the x,y settings for your virtual dmd in dmddevice.ini ? I didn’t know that pinup has its own dmd. So, I might be wrong here.

NailBuster
          @nailbuster
          ModeratorMember

yeah, if your DMD window has ‘real’ scores then its NOT a pupdisplay…

its your vpinmame/freezy/ultradmd settings that is putting that dmd there… need to configure that (Popper doesn’t touch/move anything)

outhere
            @outhere
            MemberContributorvipModerator

Where do you have these settings?

playfield W=3840, H=2160, X=0, Y=0

backglass W=1920, H=1080, X=3840, Y=0

DMD W=1920, H=1080, X=5760, Y=0

flstclasic
            Participant
              @flstclasic

Thank you all for sending me in the right direction! The X, Y settings that I posted are my b2S settings. I understand now (I think), this has nothing to do with it. I followed along with what was posted and changed my settings in dmddevice.ini, checked use external DMD (dll), unchecked show DMD/Display window on the table by pressing F1. Restarted table and all is well now. And Thalamus, thanks for the second time this week!

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

Happy to help :bye:

outhere
                  @outhere
                  MemberContributorvipModerator

If the settings are from your ScreenRes.txt file

Just curious why are using this setting with your Back Glass – X=3840

flstclasic
                  Participant
                    @flstclasic

Hi outhere, I was wrong, those are my settings in PinUpPlayerConfig.bat. My B2S settings are

Playfield – 3840, 2160, 0, 0

Backglass – 1920, 1080, 0, 0

DMD – 1920, 1080, 1920, 0

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?