Dmdext not working on PIN2DMD

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BlackPredator72
    Participant
      @blackpredator72

Already been busy for years, got everything working, UltraDMD, Colored roms etc, but struggling with dmdext (which is needed also for Puppacks?).

I’ve downloaded dmdext-v1.7.1-x64 and dmdext-v1.7.1-x86, unblocked everything (btw it wasn’t necessary), set the rights on the folders etc.

When I open CMD and try to test the x86 (dmdext test) nothing happens, I hit enter and blinking cursor is on the next line waiting? I can quit with CTRL-C.

When I do the same test on the x64, it looks like it wants to do something but gives an error on something: The parameter is incorrect

parameter

Nothing on the PIN2DMD (or virtual DMD)

Any ideas?

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

What does ‘dmdext -d pin2dmd test’ say ? dmdext used to not read dmddevice.ini so all paramters needs to be supplied on the cmd line. It looks like that has changed in version 1.8 ??? Which I’ve never heard about before. Freezy and versions is to me a chaos when it comes to version numbering to be honest.

BlackPredator72
        Participant
          @blackpredator72

it says:

test

But nothing happens on the DMD, just the PIN2DMD logo

Thalamus
            @thalamus

Yes ?? That is the test image.  Why do you need dmdext you say ? Pinup ? I have a few tables where I run pinup, but, never had to use dmdext that I know of. dmdext is something you need if you are going to mirror the dmd from eg. FX3. I believe you have misunderstood a few things that’s all.

BlackPredator72
            Participant
              @blackpredator72

I have also issues with pinup popper and someone said that dmdext have to be working for puppacks to work right.

But I also use P-RoC (CCC), FX2, FX3, Pinball Arcade and Pro Pinball and I think dmdext is needed for all those programs to project it on my PIN2DMD?

Thalamus
                @thalamus

That is correct. That is the main reason for dmdext to exist.

NailBuster
                  @nailbuster
                  ModeratorMember

i think its the ‘terms’ that can be confusing….and they are.

dmd-extensions project (dmdext) is actually two parts.

dmddevice.dll,  thats using dmddevice.ini settings and interfaces with vpinmame (that will send to your hardware dmd or nice looking lcd dmd)  (that is what is required to be setup for pinup to work with vpx tables)

dmdext.exe which grabs 3rd party dmds and sends them to hardware dmds (or nice lcd dmds).  that only has command line options and doesn’t use dmddevice.ini at all.  (you do require this (with command line options) if you want to use pinup/ssf/packs for fx3,  note Popper front end doesnt use dmdext.exe).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?