Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 177 total)
  • Author
    Mark70
    Participant
    @mark70

OK, see what happened. I was messing around with Depth Bias. On layer 5, select primitive14 and set the depth bias to Zero. Should show the lock lights then. I’ll wait for more feedback before I release an update with the fix. -Mike

Thank you for the good advice, I just tried it and the lock lights are working now.
    Btw awesome piece of work.

Josh
    Participant
    @osujd

not to be a total newbie but what is the camera mod tool you are referring to sliderpoint?

Sliderpoint
    Participant
    @sliderpoint
    MemberContributor

not to be a total newbie but what is the camera mod tool you are referring to sliderpoint?

Open the table in VP and press F6   Or from the Table Menu>Camera/Light Mode

use Flipper keys to adjust and magna save to switch settings.

-Mike

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

Thanks Slider Mike!  Wasn’t expecting this….going to have to make some time for the ol’ cabinet soon.

3dcreation

Drybonz
    Participant
    @drybonz

Been playing this today.  It’s really fun.  The only chance I had to play this actual table, I loved it but the time expander thing was acting a little funky, so it’s nice to have this in VPX.  I like the subtle “shake” effect on the time expander when it is raised and you hit it.  Nice touch.

I had one weird thing happen where the rom seemed to reset during a game… it went back to the initial DMD screen and the table went thru it’s initial sequence.  Have only seen this happen once.  Maybe a VPM thing?

toxie
    Participant
    @toxie
    VP DEVMember

thanks a lot! i used to own the pin, and its way underrated and has even a very clever ruleset that is pretty deep.

but seems most ppl are put off by the weird sound and music (not including me :)).

great table recreation!!

Bob Albright
    Participant
    @bobalbright

Thank you SP. It plays great! An underated table in my book. A double thank you for the xml settings! I’ve messed around with the camera thing, but I never get it as good as you guys do

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

rothbauerw
    @rothbauerw
    ModeratorContributorMembervip

thanks a lot! i used to own the pin, and its way underrated and has even a very clever ruleset that is pretty deep. but seems most ppl are put off by the weird sound and music (not including me :)). great table recreation!!

I owned this one as well and I couldn’t agree more!  I love the sounds and music!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Drybonz
    Participant
    @drybonz

I was a big Doctor Who fan when I was a kid (oh man… the new episodes are a disgrace) so I love the theme and sounds.

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

It’s a great table in real life and in vp!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

Never tried this table IRL, but, I can’t imagine it is very different from yours.

Plays very well – having a blast with it. Thank you !

Josh
    Participant
    @osujd

I had a similar issue with my DMD resetting in the middle of the game.  The steps that happened when I saw it was I received a multi ball and did not jackpot and drained the two balls leaving one.  Since I didn’t jackpot there is a chance to re-multiball for a period and I hit the lite lock target in the middle of the two locks and the dmd reset.

MnHotRod
    Participant
    @mnhotrod

Excited to see this one in VPX. Time to figure out Pinsound!

Drybonz
    Participant
    @drybonz

I had a similar issue with my DMD resetting in the middle of the game. The steps that happened when I saw it was I received a multi ball and did not jackpot and drained the two balls leaving one. Since I didn’t jackpot there is a chance to re-multiball for a period and I hit the lite lock target in the middle of the two locks and the dmd reset.

That may have been the same scenario when mine reset, actually.

MnHotRod
    Participant
    @mnhotrod

Sorry, but what does that mean? When I pull up the game, it is 90 degree’s off. When this happens I normally just go into VIEW and select OPTIONS plus BACKGLASS VIEW, change XY ROTATION to 270, then run in CAMERA MODE and fine tune. Is there something else I can do with the provided xml file?

Something I have never seen before, and do not know what setting to change in Camera Mode; the table looks like I am viewing it through a fish eye lens. The upper portion of playfield has a lot of Layback. The bottom portion of the table has negative Layback, as in I can see the top side (as in the surface the ball hits) of the flippers. Get it, the Fish Eye reference? What Camera setting changes that?

Peoples setups are different so you Can import the settings in as table is upped with authors setup glad he includes it

Drybonz
    Participant
    @drybonz

From the VPX editor… File menu, import backdrop POV… select the .xml file… it imports all those settings for you automatically.

Very, very easy.

*edit*  I should add… this is optional.  You don’t have to do this.  The purpose is to make setting the POV settings easier for you.

MnHotRod
    Participant
    @mnhotrod

Cool, so if I have some base settings I like to start with I can just import the xml file to get started any time a table doesn’t look right?

EDIT: Didn’t think to open the xml file and view it. Sweet! Thank you Drybonz.

The purpose is to make setting the POV settings easier for you.

Ben Logan2
    Participant
    @benlogan2

I experienced the game reset during multiball as well.

Really like all the animated targets on this game. Great visual feedback.

Drybonz
    Participant
    @drybonz

Cool, so if I have some base settings I like to start with I can just import the xml file to get started any time a table doesn’t look right? EDIT: Didn’t think to open the xml file and view it. Sweet! Thank you Drybonz.

Yes, you can definitely use it that way (but you don’t need to even open the .xml)  I just typed up a brief tutorial here… feel free to check it out.  TUTORIAL

Mark70
    Participant
    @mark70

I played tons of games and totalled for hours. And I came back to say thanks again.
    This table looks and plays awesome. I like the colors very much, they have the right color temperature.
    Nice details everywhere, shadows produced by the drop targets, shaking time expander and much more.
    Top-notch!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 177 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW