Doctor Who (Bally 1992)

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    Andypc
    Participant
      @andypc

I am using 10.6 final and Sambuild r5022. I had to update to the latest version of the rom from VPU to get everything working. I deleted the nvram and config files. However I keep getting a credit dot :-(

“Check switch F6 U.R. Flipper But.”

Any Idea’s?

rothbauerw
        @rothbauerw
        ModeratorContributorMembervip

I am using 10.6 final and Sambuild r5022. I had to update to the latest version of the rom from VPU to get everything working. I deleted the nvram and config files. However I keep getting a credit dot :-(

“Check switch F6 U.R. Flipper But.”

Any Idea’s?

Good catch.  Commenting out the following line will fix the credit dot.

Const cSingleRFlip = False

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Greenman
        Participant
          @greenman

Fantastic update.  Plays super nice too.  10/10

Lumigado
          Participant
            @lumigado

Ooh, incredible update.  It plays so much better now!  Nice work.

bietekwiet
            Participant
              @bietekwiet

This is a fantastic table! It plays so well.

What I love most about it is how crisp it looks (such a clear playfield) and very rigid gameplay.

One of the best tables. It reminds me a bit of the great Diner VPX table, it has a similar great realism to it.

Another thing that is great: it is one of the few tables that I can happily leave on the default POV (0 degree inclination) and still have great perceived depth. Usually, the first thing I do with a new table is change FOV, inclination and back tilt to around 26 to restore depth, but it is not needed for this table.

Kudos for your fabulous work!

chrisdent
              Participant
                @chrisdent

Thanks, I had the same issue.
                I switched to this version of the dw_l2 rom http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/456-dr-who-l-2/
                and it fixed the issue

2 users thanked author for this post.
                grunger
                Participant
                  @grunger

I’m still getting a stutter on this release, but it’s not actually quite as I originally described.
                  The ball stutter occurs when the time-expander is moving up or down, but only when it’s moving up or down.
                  It doesn’t matter how many balls are in play, so once the time expander is fully up during multiball the multiball itself is smooth as butter
                  When it drops back at the end of the multiball with only a single ball in play it stutters briefly while the time expander lowers and it’s fine until the next time it’s moved

Something my end or something chewing cycles during the up/down process?
                  Weird that no-one else has seen it though.

Other than that it’s a a beauty!

destructor
                  Participant
                    @destructor

Sound rom for Doctor Who was updated in latest beta. Redownload dw_l2 from VPUniverse whenever it is back online. Or revert back to VPinMAME 3.2 for the time being.

It’s not possible because game say error: VPinMame 3.3 required. I have the same problem with line 1885 error – I hash it, and game run. But I have next problem – no music. Sound fx is no problem. I deleted nvram, download linked rom version – no sound. Too many bugs. Not playable.

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

Bugs are in your installation – not the table.

destructor
                      Participant
                        @destructor

It’s only one table where I have no music sound.

sheltemke
                        Participant
                          @sheltemke

It’s only one table where I have no music sound.

It was the only table for me too which not had sound(and the rom was different than the latest). I’m sure you have WRONG rom in your main rom directory.

-Make sure you overwrited it with the one from vpuniverse.com

-You need 10.6 final

-And install Latest vpinmame : https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=31231

The table works perfectly i played yesterday again, music is on.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          destructor
                          Participant
                            @destructor

I downgrade VPinMame from 3.3 to 3.2, and I have music now. I check it on second PC too, and problem is the same with 3.3 version. On 3.2 no problem with music.

CarnyPriest
                            Participant
                              @carnypriest

If you are using 3.3beta then this:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/4278-sambuild33-beta-thread/?do=findComment&comment=47428

In other words, this is the same thing four other people have suggested doing on this page alone.

Update your ROM set!

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

That just sound like a “pull your leg” post. VPM is totally different from VP. VP requires VPM. VPM just changed requirements for this table. It happens, not often though, that there is a better dump and the devs decide that this is the “best one”. There is different ways of maintaining mame roms. You can decide to save space, needing a “mother” rom for their variants, or variants of this. VPU uses the first scheme, if you download only the rom mentioned in the table script. You might in fact be loosing out on sound, or something else essential. WHY ? To save harddrive space. It just doesn’t make any sense to copy the same file to all those child roms – if it didn’t change. Today, imo, hardddrive space isn’t that big of an issue. I prefer to “merge” these, not caring at all that it is now around 20G. What I’m getting at, always use VPU, always download VPU staff or Carny uploaded roms. These follow the vpm devs. 100%, this site has very few roms, but, just like VPF, there is no real focus in the “upload/download” section. Carny took over for Arngrim, making sure that we get those … color features from vpm – why is this still an issue. It is a long story, but, just to make it shorter. VPF and VPU hasn’t really as sites been “friends”. And the way that VPF is acting, it isn’t going to resolve anytime soon. The devs – being in the middle of it all, is just not releasing a VPM that has color. I know where I would put the blame.

CarnyPriest
                                Participant
                                  @carnypriest

I would not point the finger at VPF for SAMbuild at this point. After all, VPF supports SAM tables now. It’s more that VPinMAMEdev themselves don’t want to deal with the hassle. They have a happy home. SAMbuild has a happy home. Users know where to find what they need. No problem.

As for Doctor Who, there was a new dump of the L-2 sound rom where I think the set was using the L-1 sound rom before. It’s a righteous update by definition. But, don’t ask me what is specifically different about the soundtrack. For users with 3.3beta, they just need to redownload the set from VPU and the table will play with correct sound.

Players usually just need the mother set which tends to be the latest production version of a table’s game code. That’s usually what authors’ tables support. Talking classic tables, those mother sets are years and years old and don’t change. But it can happen on occasion believe it or not that a new dump or new information requires a correction to be made. It happens. Download the updated set and move on with your life.

xantari
                                  Participant
                                    @xantari

Moral of the story. Read the change log!

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

@carnypriest : What I’m getting at is that devs ain’t integrating the color implementation and I believe it all has to do with pin2dmd. I think it is childish of Noah, to still – after many years, to ban that word on vpf. Agree though. Not a big issue, thanks to you. :heart:

LynnInDenver
                                      Participant
                                        @lynnindenver

@carnypriest : What I’m getting at is that devs ain’t integrating the color implementation and I believe it all has to do with pin2dmd. I think it is childish of Noah, to still – after many years, to ban that word on vpf. Agree though. Not a big issue, thanks to you. :heart:

Yeah, I suspect it’s become “cultural” at this point… the ban is so longstanding (and given that a color capable solution is sold by Noah in his store it actually looks like a conflict of interest regardless of what evidence he claims to have about legitimacy of the need), and many colorizations over at VPU that actually rely on Pin2DMD software to create, that it’s just become a “thing” that colorization is just not going to happen, especially since people can just be pointed over and Carny is very good about keeping up with VPM Beta.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                                        Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                                        Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

destructor
                                        Participant
                                          @destructor

Moral of the story. Read the change log!

Change log say for this table say: ”

V1.0 – Initial version

V1.1 – Lock Lights fix. Sound fixes.  Some new sounds from ClarkKent. Minor physics adjustment on flippers/inlanes.

V1.2 Fixed Nudge/Tilt

V1.2.2  New plastics images from Fuzzel!

v2.0 New backbox for FSS and VR support, new physics, new models, new graphics and new sounds!”

I see no info about rom.

I next step I use VPM 3.3 again, and download dw_l1 rom. After this I have music.

Brad1X
                                          Participant
                                            @brad1x

I’m having the same script error (line 1885).

I was going to update visual pinball if necessary, the version I have is 10.6.0 revision 3760 is there a newer version than this?

Never mind, I found out that there is a newer version and updated my software.

No more script error, but sound not working yet – I’ll tame this table yet.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 187 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?