Does anybody know if HauntFreaks is still around

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    outhere
      @outhere
      MemberContributorvipModerator

The best I can tell he has it been around for a year or two
      I sent him a message but never heard nothing
      So in this type of situation Is it OK to modify something he has out here and re-post it

chucky87
      Participant
        @chucky87

If I remember correctly, he made the decision to stop everything because of the family’s concerns. Not easy to live with, sometimes a passion for managing both. He made a choice. But we miss it, it’s true.

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

I’m having a hard time seeing Haunts becoming mad if you repost his work. And I can almost guarantee he won’t if he comes back and you’ve mentioned him in what ever you are going to release. I miss him too, a lot in fact.

outhere
            @outhere
            MemberContributorvipModerator

I’m having a hard time seeing Haunts becoming mad if you repost his work. And I can almost guarantee he won’t if he comes back and you’ve mentioned him in what ever you are going to release. I miss him too, a lot in fact.

I wouldn’t have it any other way he will be mentioned in the re-post
            Maybe one day he will come back to visit and stay
            I will go forward with my posting
            Thanks everybody

Schreibi34
            Participant
              @schreibi34

Hauntfreaks! The bigest loss for the comunity, as an artist and a VP brother! I hope we get a sign of life someday! This guy tought me not to be satisfied with mediocre stuff! If you use his work for quality stuff i would say he’s OK with it! If you ruin it you better lock your doors!

Onevox
              Participant
                @rooster

Think of him often. Once I was driving down the road and there was this classic car covered in Ed Roth style art. I was sort of hoping it was him.

Onevox

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Ive spoke to him a few times since he has been inactive but not about vp. Miss him being around forums too.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

Tom
                  Participant
                    @armyaviation
                    MemberContributor

I am really curious about what it is you are modding, any hints??? :whistle:

cyberpez
                    Participant
                      @cyberpez

Miss him too, always had great advice and was a great help!

You should just do “4k” updates of all his tables.. I’m sure that would bring him back quick ?

JR
                      Participant
                        @jfr1

Haven’t been around as long as most other’s here, but I will humbly add that HF’s style and art caught my attention early.  …and helped me figure out that I was entering a magical world.

Schreibi34
                        Participant
                          @schreibi34

Ive spoke to him a few times since he has been inactive but not about vp. Miss him being around forums too.

The sign of life i was hoping for! Thanks!

roccodimarco
                          Participant
                            @roccodimarco

He was the first person to reach out and help me.  He actually found me on facebook and was a huge help with my first work on the Alive table.  Randr if you talk to him again, please let him know we are all wishing him the best.  Hope he still keeps up with the hobby, just in secret, and if he is reading this, thanks for all the work dude!

TerryRed
                              @terryred
                              MemberContributorModerator

Honestly… I think modding something of his at this point would be fine. He spoke many times about doing his own mods to other peoples tables, but not releasing them until long after they were posted (out of respect to their work,etc).

Do your due diligence…contact him, give him the info of what you plan to do, and where you will post it, etc.

…and give full credits to the original authors.

Waiting for someone who is not active in the community (for years) to “maybe” one day respond to you though… I mean if they aren’t active in the community at all or have left the hobby… then they probably wouldn’t care either way if you mod their table.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?