DOF Ball Launch question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    topper-2k
    Participant
      @topper-2k

I’m trying to understand DOF as it relates to addressable LED strips/matrices.

I’ve been able to customize a couple tables thanks to SwissLizard’s DOF Config Tool and Terry Red’s DOF Config Creator spreadsheet.

But I’m not understanding something about the ball launch. In many tables there’s an LED effect down the right side of the playfield at ball launch. But I can’t figure out how it’s triggered. Addams Family is a perfect example. It has a launch effect. But there’s nothing in the Right PF Effects or Flashers that could be generating it.

PF Right Effects:
      W27 Purple F150 AL0 AW100 AT85 AH15/W27 White F500 BLINK 1000 AL0 AW100 AT85 AH15

PF Right Flashers:
      S12 Yellow AL0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L1/S17 White f100 AL0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L2/S21 White f100 AL0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L3/W45 Orange f50 AL0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L4

When a ball launches, the lights race up the right side of the playfield. There’s nothing in either of those settings that I can find that would make that effect.

What am I missing? Where in the DOF is that effect triggered?

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

For me the Addams Family lights up by the plunder and when you shoot the ball it shifts to the other end of the lights
        Medieval Madness runs up the side

1 user thanked author for this post.
        topper-2k
        Participant
          @topper-2k

Hmmm… in either case, how is that triggered?

There’s no switch or solenoid that fires at launch. And there’s no DOF Event listed in the playfield led commands.

topper-2k
          Participant
            @topper-2k

Outhere is right (of course) the ball launch effect on Addams Family is just the white flashers at the end. So it’s triggered by this “S21 White f100 AL0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L3.”

Medieval Madness on the other hand has a solenoid assigned to the auto launch. So that one is triggered in DOF with “S1 Red AT0 AH80 ADU AS200 150 F150”

Thanks for being patient with me while I sort through this. It’s hard to wrap my head around DOF.

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

@outhere Is always right. :)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

topper-2k
              Participant
                @topper-2k

@outhere Is always right. :)

(Of course)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?