DOF CONFIG CREATOR: Create and add MX Led effects and DOF configs the EASY way!

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    -RpT
    Participant
      @rpt

@TerryRed @outhere

After several attempts of getting frustrated and giving up since we last spoke, i have FINALLY tracked this bug down, hoping you can sanity check!

In the original sheet, there are two toys for “beacon 2” one with a single color, one with dual. Anytime i add the one with dual color to my profile, even without changing anything, I get the error.

notworking

For anyone in this thread who  is making profiles, this is under the (MX) Effects tab, do a test BEFORE and AFTER you add this one in if you try it as for me it causes the errors in the dof  log. :unsure:

1 user thanked author for this post.
      TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

@TerryRed @outhere

After several attempts of getting frustrated and giving up since we last spoke, i have FINALLY tracked this bug down, hoping you can sanity check!

In the original sheet, there are two toys for “beacon 2” one with a single color, one with dual. Anytime i add the one with dual color to my profile, even without changing anything, I get the error.

notworking

For anyone in this thread who is making profiles, this is under the (MX) Effects tab, do a test BEFORE and AFTER you add this one in if you try it as for me it causes the errors in the dof log. :unsure:

Nice catch. The only thing I see different there is the L-19 as opposed to L19 used in the other command.

I’ve used that specific command many times (copied from older table configs way back), and my guess is that it’s an older format from an older version of DOF. It did always work however, and I didn’t get any errors from it.

If you are using something different than google docs, maybe it gets filtered differently as well…. who knows.

That said, I went and updated each of the Beacon lines that had L-19 instead of L19 in DOF Config Creator (they all now have L19). It’s now V1.1

Thanks for persisting through this. Ironically it’s now my cab that is in pieces, so I can’t test until 1 or 2 weeks from now. Let me know if the changes I made fix your problem.

2 users thanked author for this post.
        -RpT
        Participant
          @rpt

@TerryRed

Will do, in answer to your question I am using openoffice, which i suspected at first to be part of the problem (kind of led me down a dead-end for a while with the investigation).

I’ll test the effect in version 1.1 and let you know, cheers!

-RpT
          Participant
            @rpt

Interesting, adding the updated version is still causing Time Fantasy to end up in the error log.  It could still be something I’m doing is adding variables so I might well look into this further using a less complicated profile and without copying the effect from the new spreadsheet (and so I can commit TF to being “done” in my mind).

Once again, an outstanding tool even if this one effect not working in my example is a bit of a puzzle for now!

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?