DOF stopped working

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Cherga
    Participant
      @cherga

Same issue here. DOF was working fine until I installed FP and needed to run Pinup as Admin in order to exit FP tables cleanly. DOF works fine in everything except pinup. At first when I went back to normal with Pinup, DOF worked fine. Then I uninstalled DOF, repaired it, reinstalled and still no luck except now DOF doesn’t run in Pinup at all whether its admin or not and it’s set to “true” in Pinup. I’ve tried disabling UAC, deleting and re-registering DirectOutputCom and Pinuppopper. Does anyone have a true solution ?

dinodino
      Participant
        @dinodino

Does anyone have a true solution ?

Not yet.  I was not able to fix this after hours of working on it and trying every suggestion I could find.  Gave up on it for a while to move on to other things. I will eventually get back to this (because it REALLY bugs me!) and will share any details I find out, in the meantime if others find anything new please share.

Thanks.

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

Maybe a Solution here
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/1602697096474910/permalink/2816610521750222/?comment_id=2817645084980099

Try this ideals from Facebook

#1 Try dropping your uac level down, see if dof works then, then turn the level back up again.

#2 remove all run as admin on every .exe

#3 reboot your computer

2 users thanked author for this post.
          dinodino
          Participant
            @dinodino

Success! It appears I’ve been able to resolve this problem on my system.  I was looking at these threads:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=39557&page=20

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=42803

Where in both discussions mjr mentioned:

“Are the people who are having the DOF + Admin mode problem running with UAC turned off?

If so, that might be the whole issue.  Turning off UAC prevents Windows from being able to elevate processes in certain cases.  You might be *thinking* that you’re running RegisterComObject in Admin mode, but not *actually* running in Admin mode, because of the absence of UAC.  Everyone thinks that turning off UAC just shuts off some prompts, but it actually shuts down the whole system service that allows the desktop shell to elevate selected processes.”

I tried turning UAC back on (control panel, system and security, change user account control settings, slid control up from the bottom to the next setting up – “notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop)”

Then I REBOOTED.  And I once again have lights in PinUp menu! Hope this sticks and keeps working!

I have all exe’s running non-admin now. I am running on Windows 7 enterprise.  Your mileage may vary, but hope this helps…

dinodino
            Participant
              @dinodino

… appears this is exactly what @bruce was suggesting as well!  I should have read your post more closely @bruce, thanks for your feedback!

:good:

hawker180
              Participant
                @hawker180

Worked for me as well.

My steps on my Windows 10 v1909 Machine.
                Turn UAC to the first slider level
                Remove all “Run as admin” on all popper exes
                The Pinup Script I had to alter that useDOF line.  Enabling the example in the script didn’t work.  I added the following true

var useDOF = true;

24/19 mini PinCab

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?