"DOFLinx: Effects" Preview! (Stargate and After Burner Demo)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Have you ever wanted to use some of my cool Addressable Led effects / animations in a pinball game…or maybe a PC game…MAME arcade game? What about your DOF lighting and feedback? Maybe also use a PuP-Pack?

Well now you can!

This is a demo of “DOFLinx: Effects.” I created 100’s of addressable led effects and animations, as well as all sorts of DOF lighting animations and feedback… and I added it all to “ONE” rom configuration in DOF Config Tool! Almost 1000 Exxx triggers can be used!

This rom allows any VPX table, FP table (that doesn’t have DOF support), to use them through DOF / DOFLinx script commands.

For tables and games that DON’T have DOF capability (PC, Zaccaria pinball, MAME,etc), this also means they can be controlled with Startup Events, or with key / button presses using DOFLinx! While that may not be the same as full DOF control (using script commands)… the video demo shows that it can still do some cool stuff!

I’ll have more information soon on the DOFLinx forum. Anyone can do this using my “DOFLinx SUP ini Creator”.

Make sure you watch the Stargate demo on the second half of the video!

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Very cool. Nice way to use the leds with mame! Good work terry?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

TerryRed
          @terryred

“DOFLinx Effects”: What is it? How does it work?

In this video I explain what “DOFLinx: Effects” is and how it works for any game… and it’s limitations compared to proper DOF for Visual Pinball or Future Pinball Tables.

TerryRed
            @terryred

Very cool. Nice way to use the leds with mame! Good work terry?

It’s not limited to MX Leds either. You can use any DOF toy (shaker, chimes, fan,etc) with any program using startup events or key / buttons presses.

This could be cool to add to a MAME cabinet.

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Ledblinky is great for the mame cab and can control whatever my mame cab has 100 rgb leds individualy controlled by ledblinky all buttons light up proper color etc. but this is cool that its working similarly now in dof tool!

for IOS and Android

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Like this…

Or this too

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                  @terryred

For sure Led-Blinky works great for buttons leds,etc. I don’t think they had shaker motors, blower fans, chimes, MX leds in mind way back then though, haha. ;)

Yah…and with Led-Wiz…you can actually “share” a session with DOF, and they will “take turns”.

Otherwise with DOF, you can’t have multiple session / roms open at once, which is why this creation was needed for a single source of all effects and feedback under ONE rom.

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Oh what you have done is killer but I’ve controlled every toy in pincab with ledblinky it don’t care what it is as you know. I even recall people controlling their real driving arcade cabs like I have in my back garage with mame and ledblinky controlled the force feedback in steering wheel of arcade cab as one example. All neat what you can do for sure

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                      @terryred

Oh what you have done is killer but I’ve controlled every toy in pincab with ledblinky it don’t care what it is as you know. I even recall people controlling their real driving arcade cabs like I have in my back garage with mame and ledblinky controlled the force feedback in steering wheel of arcade cab as one example. All neat what you can do for sure

Yup…an output is an output, and it works great! The big difference is Led-Blinky is only Led-Wiz as far as I know…correct?

DOF…is well…everything. :)

OK dude…you opened Pandora’s Box… you MUST show us pics…or better yet a VIDEO of your Arcade Racer cab! Or it never happened! :)

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

I have real sanfransisco rush Alcatraz addition I’ve had it like 15 years In back garage. Ledblinky supports many different devices I have a howler board in my mame cabs with 100 plus outputs and inputs was a great piece of hardware that I don’t think is still being made sadly.
                        You can see them in many pics Ive uploaded but here is one I randomly found on phone I have many arcade games just 2 in this picture

05A8F0D9-CC47-494A-A4D9-0C81840AAF44

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

TerryRed
                          @terryred

Yah, I’ve seen a video I think you showed of the Howler board in your Bartop I think, and it was pretty sweet! Too bad they aren’t made anymore.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?