DOFLinx Future Pinball WIP tables: Let us know what tables you are working on!

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

I finally got to work on 3 Angels. I kinda started and stopped a few times. I just couldn’t get motivated. But go the flippers, slings, kickers, and shaker done and now I’m back in the zone. I love how these games come alive when adding DOFLINX. I do have two questions for the other guys (TerryRed, Senseless, etc). First, are times for things being on/off same for FP and DOFLinx (i.e is 4000 = 4000 for a timed event on a toy)? The reason I ask is that I try to time the shaker to the spinners. But seems the shaker lasts longer. I’ve timed the shaker to match the spinner.pulse timer. But seems off. Second, I tried to add a timer to the backglass for the usual DOFTimer stuff, but it would not let me. Said it already had maxed out on objects (800) and that I could not add anymore. Now, I don’t find this hard to believe, because if you’ve ever seen 3 Angels or looked at the playfield before loading the game, you will see it is PACKED with stuff. So, unless there is away to add more objects, I’ll just have to do dedicated flashers and no fancy animations for the lighting effects.

…oh, and as for timing. Yes DOFLinx, and FP values are different.

FP timers will work in milliseconds, so a timer with 500 will equal 0.5 secs

For DOFlinx with FP specifically it works different than the rest of DOFLinx’s functions. (DDH69 could explain the why better than I can). DOFLinx with FP works in hundredths (I think).

So for a shaker in DOFLinx in FP:

FF_Dev DV_SH,350 ‘DOFLinx – Shaker

….would equal the shaker being on for 3.5 seconds.

Hope the helps.

(I gave you an answer to your object limit issue on the previous page…in case you may have missed it)

TerryRed
        @terryred

Alright, so SLAM give me the go ahead to upload the DOFLinx mod of Star Wars DSA (Ultimate 1.04), as he will be uploading the normal version on his site eventually…

While waiting for me to get that done….here is a cool video demo to tide you over. This may be the last video I can do for a while so enjoy it while you can!

senseless
        Participant
          @senseless

Nice, can’t wait to play the DOFLinx version :). I will be working on Nightmare on Elmstreet over the weekend.

@Dr Tom: For flashers with the FlashForMs commands the timing (in milliseconds) is identical if you use the FF_FlasherForMs commands. For the shaker I just don’t know as I don’t have one to test with :).

Dr.Tom
          Participant
            @crile1
            MemberContributor

Thanks for the input guys!  I guess I just updated my cab, but not my desktop. Looking forward to investigating your star wars script, Terry.  Curious to see how you are subbing things.

TerryRed
              @terryred

OK guys….so as of tomorrow I will be away from my wife and kids and my pinball cabinet for about 4 months for training for my job.  I will be home on some weekends. I’m not sure what I will be able to do in the meantime, as the military is great for not giving you essential details that really matter to you.

I hope to work on some FP DOFLinx mods while away. Anything I am working on, I will let you know on here.

It’s been a great year of virtual pinball cabinet building, modding and tweaking. Can’t wait to get back to it full-time.

Dr.Tom
              Participant
                @crile1
                MemberContributor

Good luck, Terry!

I should be uploading 3 Angels tonight or tomorrow.   Looks pretty good.  If nothing else, just watching this one load up is a treat.  Then, don’t insert a coin, just let the attract mode play and watch the thunder and lightning.  A shaker motor really makes this game pop, but not essential.  A heck of a lot of code to mod in this one.  But I kept the light animations at a minimum because so much was already programmed into the game.  Hope you guys enjoy when you play it.

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Three angels? looking forward to trying that out such a great original table. probably one of the best FP original tables period really.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

Dr.Tom
                  Participant
                    @crile1
                    MemberContributor

3 Angels is up, finally!

Next I’m looking into Robots invasion.  Somehow just came across this one.  Also,Dragon’s Lair is in my future at some point.  For nostalgia purposes.  Plus, still play it on my Mame cab.

Dr.Tom
                    Participant
                      @crile1
                      MemberContributor

So, I started working on Robots Invasion.  As I started testing it some, I found out the 1.04 Ultra edition has a lot of errors.  The rC1 version runs like a charm.  The problem is that the Ultra has Slam’s improved music and lights.  So, was wondering if anyone had a good working version of the Ultra.  I downloaded the latest off of Pinsimdb.com and that is the one I am referring to.  I’ve already made a few fixes, but looks like if I am going to pursue it, I am going to have to physically merge the two scripts by hand.  Essentially a full mod on top of the DofLinx mod.   So, any help or info would be appreciated.

TerryRed
                        @terryred

So, I started working on Robots Invasion. As I started testing it some, I found out the 1.04 Ultra edition has a lot of errors. The rC1 version runs like a charm. The problem is that the Ultra has Slam’s improved music and lights. So, was wondering if anyone had a good working version of the Ultra. I downloaded the latest off of Pinsimdb.com and that is the one I am referring to. I’ve already made a few fixes, but looks like if I am going to pursue it, I am going to have to physically merge the two scripts by hand. Essentially a full mod on top of the DofLinx mod. So, any help or info would be appreciated.

The Ultra version of Robots Invasion works perfect for me, no errors. Make sure your FP settings are the same as what I have here, and try it again:

How Future Pinball "should" be setup for BAM, DOFLinx and Pinball X!

I know DDH69 was having problems with errors on some of SLAM’s tables….it was because he had the GameRoom enabled, which will cause issues on some tables because the table actually changes the Gameroom.  Try out my EXACT setting and see if that makes a difference.

Dr.Tom
                        Participant
                          @crile1
                          MemberContributor

It’s not that.  First error I found was that it would not advance to 3rd level if you defeated first two.  Then the hostile takeover mode would never end, no matter how many hits.  I compared the two scripts and there are missing script lines.  When I added them in, those parts worked.  Last time I tried it out, I found I could not tilt the Slam version.  I think when the mod was done, some lines got accidentally deleted.  If your version does not have these issues, I’d love to have it.

senseless
                          Participant
                            @senseless

Never played this one, looks pretty cool! I will do some testing and see if I can replicate the error.

Until LOTR or STTNG are available I will give Road Girls a try. This one also deserves some Force Feedback.

CarnyPriest
                            Participant
                              @carnypriest

It’s not that. First error I found was that it would not advance to 3rd level if you defeated first two. Then the hostile takeover mode would never end, no matter how many hits. I compared the two scripts and there are missing script lines. When I added them in, those parts worked. Last time I tried it out, I found I could not tilt the Slam version. I think when the mod was done, some lines got accidentally deleted. If your version does not have these issues, I’d love to have it.

I can confirm this with Ultra. I always wondered if the table was simply unfinished.

TerryRed
                                @terryred

It’s not that. First error I found was that it would not advance to 3rd level if you defeated first two. Then the hostile takeover mode would never end, no matter how many hits. I compared the two scripts and there are missing script lines. When I added them in, those parts worked. Last time I tried it out, I found I could not tilt the Slam version. I think when the mod was done, some lines got accidentally deleted. If your version does not have these issues, I’d love to have it.

Ahhhh…. now I understand. Then I would go with Carney’s assessment as I won’t be able to do any testing anytime soon.

Dr.Tom
                                Participant
                                  @crile1
                                  MemberContributor

Thanks Carney, I was wondering if I just had a bad copy.  I kinda like this one, so I think I may make an integrated mod plus DofLinx.

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

So, I’m here on course, away from the cabinet…. So I finally have a little time to start some simpler Doflinx FP table mods. Nothing super fancy.

I have Strip Joker Poker done… just for you randr!

I’m also working on Bubble Bobble, and maybe even Knight Rider.

Ill upload these as soon as I can test them out on my cabinet. Maybe this Sunday.

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

Strip Joker Poker….done!

Bubble Bobble….done!

Knight Rider…. done!

Also had time to record a quick video demo of each…but my computer is back at the base, so I will have to wait until I’m back there to edit everything together, and I’m also waiting on Internet access as well (crappy speeds  :(  )

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      senseless
                                      Participant
                                        @senseless

Just got approval to do the DOFLinx mod for Road Girls :). Looking forward to the new tables TerryRed.

Dr.Tom
                                        Participant
                                          @crile1
                                          MemberContributor

Wow, Terry you are a maniac!  Looking forward to see what you’ve done.   I finished making a corrected script for Robots invasion.  Kept Sam’s music and sound additions but worked out the bugs so it randomized game modes like the original.  I was already half way through DOFLINX the table, so, now just need to do the lights.  Going to do the whole mode animations thing instead of straight flasherforMS setup.  So, this may take a little time because want to have some fun with this simple little game.  Sometimes I get this burst of activity,  but lately have found myself wanting to play more than MOD.

senseless
                                          Participant
                                            @senseless

How much code can someone put in a table? Road Girls is really a lot of it 30K+ and my eyes are starting to see the Matrix…. :). Also changed the physics a bit on this table so it plays better with Physics 2.7.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 104 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?