Doom FX3 PuP-Pack (BG.Topper)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    elvinu
    Participant
      @elvinu

@elvinu

I’m not using dmdext because I had problems closing and opening fx3 tables so I changed to pupdmd that is working great, but if you have problems please let me know that together we find a way to make this work for you.

here is the script that I use ( Except he part with Altmode because I don’t use that) I just use the first 3 lines and the last one.

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pupdmd_fx3

Thanks @outhere a lot for your help, I’m a newbie myself so a lot of things I’m still not familiar with.

I just saw this reply from you.  I’ll try this next.

pedroperes02
      Participant
        @pedroperes02

@elvinu Remember if you gonna use pupdmd you need to use the other zip file pupcapture and delete the other one.

please keep me posted

elvinu
        Participant
          @elvinu

I just tried PupDMD and I saw a little difference.  For starters . . .

I changed my scripts to the following:

NEW NEW DOOM

I then went into FX3 and adjusted the DotMatrixSize to Off:

NEW NEW DOOM2

And the DMD size to 520×136:

NEW NEW DOOM3

I then launched Popper and tested the Aliens FX3 table and it worked OK.  I then tried Doom a couple times (after a Popper relaunch and after exiting Aliens).  Unfortunately, I still just see that one video.

Then I grabbed the DMD in the upper left and moved it to the center of the screen.  There’s another DMD underneath.  Which is the one the game uses to change the videos?

I tried resizing the large one with the tab in the lower right to match the one underneath and place it exactly on top but no change.

But then as I was just dragging that upper DMD around the screen, I suddenly saw a different image in the upper right.  I saw a few static images of different aliens.

I’m close but I don’t understand the two DMDs right now.  Should I set one of them off the screen?

pedroperes02
          Participant
            @pedroperes02

are you using the other pupcapture file now?

pedroperes02
            Participant
              @pedroperes02

and did you deleted the older one?

outhere
                @outhere
                MemberContributorvipModerator

@elvinu
                This is not part of your problem but this is supposed to be at the bottom of the launch script

timeout 15

START /min "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\SendFXNewGame.exe"
                Thanks, I added it to the bottom of my launch script. It’s similar to what’s in the Close Script. What does it do?

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=emulator_fx_non_steam#annoying_would_you_like_to_continue_or_start_new_game_fx3_prompt

elvinu
                Participant
                  @elvinu

That did it.  Solved!!!

Once I ditched the other PupCapture and used the correct one, I’m now getting the videos.

I tried to edit my original post to put “SOLVED” at the top, but it’s not letting me update that post.  I’m getting the following error message “A potentially unsafe operation has been detected in your request to this site”.  I’ll keep trying.

Thanks so much for getting me through this and of course your hard work on the puppack.  I’m guessing because of this, there are a lot of us who are now jumping into FX3 puppacks.

And thank you Outthere for the info on the launch script.

BTW, I normally use a PinUpPlayer.ini file along with a pupinit.bat file for puppacks (VPX and Future Pinball).  I ditched it for these two FX3 tables.  Do you use that ini file for FX3?

Thanks Again!!!

pedroperes02
                  Participant
                    @pedroperes02

I’m Very Happy that you make it work, I normally don’t touch that files but maybe someone with more experience can let you know the best way, And Enjoy the pup Pack and let me know what you think, also try the tilt to see what happens lol

outhere
                      @outhere

That did it. Solved!!!
                      Once I ditched the other PupCapture and used the correct one, I’m now getting the videos.
                      I tried to edit my original post to put “SOLVED” at the top, but it’s not letting me update that post. I’m getting the following error message “A potentially unsafe operation has been detected in your request to this site”. I’ll keep trying.
                      Thanks so much for getting me through this and of course your hard work on the puppack. I’m guessing because of this, there are a lot of us who are now jumping into FX3 puppacks.
                      And thank you Outthere for the info on the launch script.
                      BTW, I normally use a PinUpPlayer.ini file along with a pupinit.bat file for puppacks (VPX and Future Pinball). I ditched it for these two FX3 tables. Do you use that ini file for FX3?
                      Thanks Again!!!

normally – No
                      Case you haven’t already remove it from your close script
                      Good to see you have it working

elvinu
                      Participant
                        @elvinu

OutThere: not sure what you mean about removing ‘it’ from the close script.  Do you mean the PinUpPlayer.ini file I was referring to?

My current close file looks like this:

“[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” WINTIT “Pinball FX3” 4 1

rem Remove “rem” on the next line to close DMDExt after exiting a table.
                        rem taskkill /f /im “dmdext.exe”

timeout 10
                        START /min “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\SendFXNewGame.exe”

pedroperes02: In terms of the Tilt videos . . . I normally resize all the videos due to harddrive space and since I’m a single screen user, I don’t need large videos.  I did notice that your table probably has more tilt videos than any other I’ve seen.  I watched a couple after converting them.  Hilarious!

outhere
                          @outhere

OutThere: not sure what you mean about removing ‘it’ from the close script. Do you mean the PinUpPlayer.ini file I was referring to?

timeout 10

Remove this form the close script
                          timeout 10

elvinu
                          Participant
                            @elvinu

OutThere: not sure what you mean about removing ‘it’ from the close script. Do you mean the PinUpPlayer.ini file I was referring to?

timeout 10

Remove this form the close script

timeout 10

Done.  I should’ve realized this when I added the similar lines to the launch script.  Thanks!

Manolo / ICE
                            Participant
                              @kamerik

I looked at Aliens (Wich i thought it worked) But it only plays the  video. It doesnt trigger anything. But at least the video played. Doom pack doesnt work, so i guess i have to change my script from pupdmd to dmdext. Maybe thats the solution. i let you know.

*Edit. Inserted the dmdext script. First used the right coordinates, but that gave me crappy graphics so i changed the coordinate numbers into x y w -0 .

I unzipped the pupcapture dmdext and changed the name into PupCapture. And put the file into pupvideo’s

It still doesn’t work. Even with alt-tab it doesn’t show anything..

pedroperes02
                              Participant
                                @pedroperes02

@kamerik

Don’t change to dmdext, it have to work with pupdmd it was developed with pupdmd, let me check you script and did you follow Nailbuster instructions fx3 pupdmd ?

outhere
                                  @outhere

I looked at Aliens (Wich i thought it worked) But it only plays the video. It doesnt trigger anything. But at least the video played. Doom pack doesnt work, so i guess i have to change my script from pupdmd to dmdext. Maybe thats the solution. i let you know.

PUPDMD should work for DOOM – Are you using the right PuPCapture Folder
                                  And see this for Aliens  – https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/aliens-fx3-pup-pack-bg-topper-ssf-movie-music/page/5/#post-206878

Manolo / ICE
                                  Participant
                                    @kamerik

Damn hahaha i already changed it. well oke i change it back to pupdmd. i had the right pupc

apture

pedroperes02
                                    Participant
                                      @pedroperes02

@kamerik

Please just follow that and it will work without problems Doom and Aliens, but if you encounter any problem let me know

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pupdmd_fx3

BarryFuegner2
                                      Participant
                                        @barryfuegner2

@pedroperes02

Hi – Thanks at first!!

I can`t run the pup pack – I love it (you tube) – and I must have it !!!

I’ve read this history in full and tried quite a lot. I read the .pdf, unpacked and renamed the dmdext .zip. I start all fx3 tables with popper over steam. Slightly changed my launch script so that DOF starts and ends automatically. Everything has been going well for a long time. But I’ve never had a pup pack on FX3.
                                        The pack just won’t start at all. I deactivated my “keep display on” function especially for DOOM. – Nothing !! The table starts as usual, but then without a backglass.

Does anyone have any advice – please
                                        it is very important to me.
                                        And I would be very grateful for any help

pedroperes02
                                        Participant
                                          @pedroperes02

@barryfuegner2

Can you send a screenshot of your start script

BarryFuegner2
                                          Participant
                                            @barryfuegner2

yes – in nearly one hour – than I am at home.

Thanx for answering so fast.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 70 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?