Dr. Dude (Bally 1990)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 300 total)
  • Author
    wrd1972
    Participant
      @wrd1972
      MembervipContributor

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/dr-dude-bally-1990/

Welcome to my Dr. Dude refresh – version 2.3 for VP10. This table has undergone a tremendous amount of refinement with countless new visual details, all new lighting, all new physics, better sound effects additional table options.

Shout-outs to Cyberpez, Rothbauerw, nfozzy, flupper, DJrobx, bord for their contributions. Extra special thanks to Benji and Brad1x for their contributions in this latest release. Cant thank you guys enough.

Table includes all of the tips and tricks I have learned over the last year or so, and really looks and plays, better than ever. Please refer to the script for additional credits and table options.

One final great big thanks to GTXJoe for allowing me to complete the table he started some time ago.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Total of 89 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      RustyCardores
        @rustycardores
        MemberModerator

Running to my cab to load it up now!  I loved your previous version, if this is better than that, then it must be a WOW!

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

DANG! this looks nice! love this table i used to have one long time ago in my collection.  :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Drybonz
          Participant
            @drybonz

Looks really great, wrd!  Looks like you learned a lot of tricks since you first started this table.    :good:

My ball is going against gravity a bit… when this happened in the past it was my pinscape, but wanted to check if anyone else had the problem.

*edit*  Definitely seems to be on my end because it’s happening on other games.  Not sure why this start randomly like this.  I need to figure out how to calibrate my pinscape.  Anyway… carry on.

Chapel
            Participant
              @chapel78

Thanks for the tables you released today. Having a fun night playing them on the cab. Enjoyed your original release of this table, and it is just unbelievable how much more you were able to do.

TNT2
              Participant
                @tnt2

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

Bob Albright
                Participant
                  @bobalbright

Thank you . Love the table!

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Naboodiver
                  Participant
                    @naboodiver

Love it…  Love these Bally tables from the 90’s …   Great job on this one.   Love the way it plays and the lighting is very nice.

senseless
                    Participant
                      @senseless

Thanks for this great updated version :)!

Chapel
                      Participant
                        @chapel78

I see the Dr. Dude file says it was updated on 8/9 but have not seen any mention of what was updated on any threads. Just curious if it was updated or was due to something going on with a site update here. Sorry if I missed it somewhere else.

wrd1972
                        Participant
                          @wrd1972
                          MembervipContributor

Updates as follows:

• New Mixmaster: Now correctly modeled with the sloped sides…and BTW, its NOT a Prim. This bitch took a long damn time to get right. Also, The ball action in the MM is a now, truly “random”. Currently, the ball exit is controlled by a timer and an exit gate which lead to very consistent (almost routine) ball action. Now, the ball might stay in there a second…or maybe six seconds. Much more realistic…more random like it should be. And hopfully, no violently ejected balls. LOL
                          • Improved ball and object physics: Its now not as “erratic” as before. Ball action is just better.
                          • New lighting: Big improvements here and no more fog. Playfield just pops like it should.
                          • Big Shot Bully animations: The Bully now shakes as he jumps up and down just like on the real machine. Thanks GTXJoe. :otvclap:
                          • Various objects re-scaled to exact size.
                          • Shadow layer. Thanks Haunt Freaks.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          ICPjuggla
                            @icpjuggla
                            MembervipModerator

I had about an hour of free time today so I decided to update my cab a bit.. This was the 1st of 4 tables I was going to update.. With that said, this table was so much fun and that well done it was the only table I actually had time for. The other tables will have to wait. lol I couldn’t stop playing it. Great job on your build, it came out great and it’s a lot of fun. Thank you

wrd1972
                            Participant
                              @wrd1972
                              MembervipContributor

New rev is available for download. Hopefully this is the last.

1.3 Small revisions

• Fixed the “hide” side rails option
                              • Added filaments to colored bulbs
                              • Slight increase in PF friction
                              • Reshaped slingshot rubbers to better scale
                              • Revised slingshot physics
                              • Slight increase in flippers strength

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

I will need to try 1.3! thanks wrd1972!

********************************************************
                                for IOS and Android

N3roflint
                                Participant
                                  @n3roflint

Thanks Wrd I’m going to try this update tonight.

TNT2
                                  Participant
                                    @tnt2

Dr.-Dude

Plays fantastic wrd. However why do the side rails separate from the wall top? Not sure how well you can see it in this picture.

Attachments:
                                    wrd1972
                                    Participant
                                      @wrd1972
                                      MembervipContributor

I just checked mine. Walls are working fine in DT mode here. Weird.

Anyone else having this happen?

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

works fine here

Screen-Shot-2016-08-17-at-8.16.09-PM-2

for IOS and Android

TNT2
                                        Participant
                                          @tnt2

Hmmmmmmmm…….maybe it’s because I have the table at a fairly low angle?

Attachments:
                                          Al
                                          Participant
                                            @alandee

Thanks for this update, in our house on my temporary cab currently this, BBBB and Super Mario Bros are the 3 most requested .. PS, we have no young children in the house .. my daughters are in their 20’s ! :) ..

Cheers,

al.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 300 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?