This topic contains 251 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  TNT2 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Currently, there are 0 users and 3 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 252 total)
  • Author
     wrd1972 
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

Yep another DD rev.  Lots of new stuff.

First off – REQUIRES VP10.6 BETA TO PLAY

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2z5en6sk07y0jn/Dr%20Dude%20%28Bally%201990%292.2RC.vpx?dl=0

Please give it some play and report any visual or technical concerns, and I will quickly address them.

Includes:

• New physics
    • New lighting
    • New Saucer Physics
    • New visuals
    • Ball shadows
    • Other stuff

Enjoy and thanks. :)

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia 760GTX (MSI Twin Frozr)

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, 22" upper and 19" lower monitors in the backbox - Virtuapin controller w/ analog plunger - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

10 users thanked author for this post.
     arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

I really like it wrd.. it will definitely become my new DrD fav.

Skitso 
    Participant

Thanks for the update Wrd! The table looks and feels better than ever, but I have one really important reason why I’ll keep using the old version instead: It runs flawlessly 165hz on my system. With the new version the FPS varies between ~100 and 145… I always prioritize framerate and gameplay over visuals, so… if you can’t do some crazy miracles optimizing the table, I just need to stick with the old one.  :unsure:

wrd1972 
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

Skitso,

Not exactly sure where the performance hit may be coming from. Would you please run the bete in both 10.5 official release and 10.6 beta and see if it might be caused by 10.6. The beta will run on 10.5 but the ball will not drop into the saucers. But you should be able to at least benchmark. I am planning on reducing the size of images before releasing, but I I am not optimistic that will resolve the issue. I also cant think of anything I have added or changed that should be causing that kind of hit.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia 760GTX (MSI Twin Frozr)

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, 22" upper and 19" lower monitors in the backbox - Virtuapin controller w/ analog plunger - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

freelunch 
    Participant

looks and plays well as far as I can tell, thanks wrd

Skitso 
    Participant

The performance seems to be about identical with both VPX versions. Noticed I get a bit better performance through PinballX vs directly launching the table from the editor. Also disabled playfield reflections and now the performance is acceptable.

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

Getting better performance within PBX is just the opposite of what I would expect. Will play this later today as it one of my absolute favorite re-creations. I’ll have a look and see if I can conclude with the same.

The Loafer 
    Participant

I could be wrong but better performance when running from the front end usually means your CPU idles down because there’s not enough going on so once in VPX (and nothing in the background) you’ll see some frame rate issues until it catches up.  The solution I think back when this issue used to come up was to ensure you have set your windows to “high performance” as opposed to “balanced” so that it doesn’t idle down.  Might be different depending on which windows you are using.   I think there are also bios settings you can set to ensure the CPU doesn’t idle down.

wrd1972 
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

Also I have mentioned this before. But the reflections IMO, are causing performance impacts, especially on very heavy tables, such as DD. I have been turning them off on the heavy tables in my Pincab, when I notice performance hits. By doing this, frame rate increases every time.

I am also hoping that Fuzzel and Toxie can add a global reflections feature to the VP video options, to globally turn them on/off and also to set the parameter too.

Not sure what the solution is to have max performance with reflections. But that said, I only have a 970GTX card and Core2 Quad processor. Maybe you guys with more power under the hood, are not seeing this impact.

Skitso 
    Participant

I have a rather beefy system: i5, gtx1070 , 16gb but I’m really picky about my framerate and try to get every table to lock 165 fps. Few missed frames here and there doesn’t bother me, but when it goes down to 120-140 it really starts to get jarring.

Anyways, great table and now it’s even better, thanks a bunch! Now move away from DD finally and give us the perfected Funhouse I’ve been waiting for ages! ;)

1 user thanked author for this post.
     wrd1972 
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

Hell I wish I could have 120 FPS on a good day. ;) Most tables on my cab average 90 at best. But they are very playable none the less.

Just finished DD, and now I am mainly focused on FH and BOP.

wrd1972 
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

Version 2.2 is up and ready to DL.

NOTE: Version 2.2 ABSOLUTELY requires VP10.6 Beta or > to operate properly.

This table has “further” undergone a tremendous amount of refinement with countless new visual details, all new lighting, all new physics, better sound effects and additional table options. One significant improvement, much better saucer (VUK) physics.

Shout-outs to Cyberpez, Rothbauerw, nfozzy, flupper, DJrobx and bord for heavily contributing to this latest refresh. Cant thank you guys enough.

Table includes all of the tips and tricks I have learned over the last year or so, and really looks and plays, better than ever. Please refer to the script for additional credits and table options.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

6 users thanked author for this post.
     Jopp 
    Participant

wrd1972, nfozzy, Rothbauerw, Cyberpez, bord, flupper, DJrobx thank you very much for this update, table looks and plays great!

My favorite pinball machine?
    Where I can put my name on as G.C....

bb 
    Participant

guys – this and bugs is opening up facing horizontal not vertical. How do I get this full screen?

Thalamus 

@bb You should look at this tutorial https://vpinball.com/vpx-cameralight-mode-tutorial/

It is kind of essential to know that stuff so you can get every table the way you want them. The actual answer to your question is towards the end, but, you really should read and learn how to do this.

bb
     bb 
    Participant

thanks – interesting why all the others are all fitted for my table perfectly.  Kind of tricky to get this alligned well.  Any way to just apply the settings from all my other tables to this one and DD?

Thalamus 

Yes. You can go to the file menu and export POV to a file. Then import it to this table. But, still, you should learn how to do this proper ;)

bb
     wrd1972 
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

BB,

The majority of the authors set their “rotation” setting to 270 degrees (Landscape). A few of us set our table rotation to 0 degrees (Portrait). Considering I am looking at the main PF TV in the cab, in a portrait orientation, it make sense in my mind, to set the table to portrait as well. There are also many other benefits to this, such as having the mouse arrow, icons and other images on the PF, in a usable arrangement. This also greatly assists in being able to use the PF TV, for development and other routine PC functions, without having to look at stuff 90 degree the wrong way, and driving the mouse 90 degrees off as well.

The few of us that do this, completely agree that if more folks were to use the large PF TV in a  manner as described above, everything just works better and dialing in backdrops, is actually a lot easier. Hope that helps.

But like Thal said. You need to be able to dial in your backdrops for all tables that you will be downloading, to your particular liking.

bb 
    Participant

got it – I just did it myself and got it to work but doing it manually dont prefer that

How do you import to the table?

Also these two tables are great thanks!

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

@wrd1972 i dont know how you keep improving these builds over and over but you do! very nice update once again! thanks for the update :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 252 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account