Dr. Dude (Bally 1990)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 300 total)
  • Author
    Ben Logan2
    Participant
      @benlogan2

Hmmmmmmmm…….maybe it’s because I have the table at a fairly low angle?

I think you’ve figured it out, TNT. I’m always messing around with Camera and Light Mode. I’ve found that depending on the way the author lays the table out, each table has a “sweet spot” that you kinda have to stay within. Otherwise little visual anomalies start to present themselves. Some of 32assassin’s tables, for example, definitely like certain view angles better than others. That said, it’s always easy enough to find an angle that works for each table on my cab. :)

TNT2
      Participant
        @tnt2

Yep. I think you are right.

wrd1972
        Participant
          @wrd1972
          MembervipContributor

Yeah if you revise the backdrops, it will likely jack up the sidewalls and the side rails.

I will ask one of the 3D gurus to create a single prim for both my wall and rail as a single object. That way, backdrop revisions wont effect them. That would be a nice enhancement moving forward.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

TNT2
          Participant
            @tnt2

Thanks again wrd for all of your hard work. Both Dr Dude and Bugs Bunny are awesome tables.

senseless
            Participant
              @senseless

I played Dr Dude again over the weekend and I am still very much impressed with the high level of quality and the way the table plays. This one is real gem and hope to see more of your excellent work in the future. Thanks!

wrd1972
              Participant
                @wrd1972
                MembervipContributor

You can count on it. Currently working on Funhouse and Bride of Pinbot.

Going to be a while for both though.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

wrd1972
                Participant
                  @wrd1972
                  MembervipContributor

Here is my DD refresh table for you guys to test drive:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ts270iip9rv8qo2/Dr%20Dude%20%28Midway%201990%29_1.4_U.vpx?dl=0

Tons of changes.

• Visual, scaling, lighting and physics enhancements.
                  • GI flashing. (Thanks clarkkent)
                  • Brand new Mixmaster prim and Excelent Ray prim. (Thanks nfozzy).
                  • New pop-bumper domes (Thanks Dark).
                  • Custom apron and side walls option  and options menu at start-up. (Thanks Roth and CP

Please post feedback.

Thanks

3 users thanked author for this post.
                  Drybonz
                  Participant
                    @drybonz

Lol… wtf?!?  I haven’t even played the table yet, but I opened it up and had to post a quick note here… it looks like a completely different table.  I would have to say, visually, this is the biggest improvement  out of your recent updates so far.  Really looks very nice.

*edit*  I would have to say that my initial impression is that the old version looked good, but had a flatness to it… this version, when I open it is really popping out at me.  Not just the 3D elements (which look great) but the “layers” of the table, PF, apron, plastics, etc… have some nice depth.

wrd1972
                    Participant
                      @wrd1972
                      MembervipContributor

I aim to please. :)

Let me know how it plays.

Drybonz
                      Participant
                        @drybonz

Playing really well… the ball seems to lose a lot of momentum on the left center ramp.

RustyCardores
                          @rustycardores
                          MemberModerator

Looks great! :)

But before I even launch the ball, if I hit the left flipper twice, I get a continuous rolling ball sound. ???

TNT2
                          Participant
                            @tnt2

Hey you fixed the side walls! Thanks for also thinking of us second-class citizens (ie desktop users).  :heart:

Love the customizable apron color.

Didn’t Dr Dude and The Party Zone come out about the same time? It seems like those two tables are often lumped together. I have always gravitated towards Dr Dude for some reason.

Sliderpoint
                            Participant
                              @sliderpoint
                              MemberContributor

Wow, visually this is an amazing update!   Playwise, I have version 1.2 that I feel has better physics. Not to say these are bad though.  Although the mixmaster in this 1.4 is super erratic, barely can see the ball in there for .25 seconds it’s in there.  The rest I can probably adjust to my liking.

Nice work!

-Mike

freelunch
                              Participant
                                @freelunch

Lighting on 1.4 looks much, much better. I notice the physics feel slightly different, although since I have not played a real DD, I can’t say if it’s better or not. I think this new version seems to have less elasticity which I suppose I prefer. I haven’t found any bugs yet, will post again if I do. I admire the dedication to update an already great release.

wrd1972
                                Participant
                                  @wrd1972
                                  MembervipContributor

Well it appears that the consensus is…the physics have gone in the wrong direction. I modeled these after the machine I played in Florida recently. But that machine could have been set real steep or who knows what.

I will re-visit this in the next few days and post another beta. Thanks for the valuable feedback guys.

RustyCardores
                                    @rustycardores
                                    MemberModerator

I’m really stuck on this one…. why would rolling ball start with two pushes of the left flipper?  The table only needs to be loaded and not even started.

I’ve done the usual update scripts etc but I can’t stop it :(

Drybonz
                                    Participant
                                      @drybonz

Is there a ball actually moving under the table or apron?

RustyCardores
                                        @rustycardores
                                        MemberModerator

Is there a ball actually moving under the table or apron?

Not that I can tell.  This happens just on table load. No coins added, start button not touched.

EDIT: I’m downloading the table again and will do a clean install of it to see what happens.

RustyCardores
                                          @rustycardores
                                          MemberModerator

Clean install and same thing. :(

Drybonz
                                          Participant
                                            @drybonz

Rusty, I just checked mine to see if I was getting the same thing (sometimes I have the sound down) and I’m not hearing it.  Sorry, that isn’t very helpful, but at least it tells us it isn’t just something specific to the table.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 300 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?