Dr. Dude (Bally 1990)

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 300 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

It plays good. Vpx is so much better then vp9 which I thought vp9 was always kinda floaty but this modded vpx table seems great. I need the wife to try it she seems to see physics more then I do on digital tables.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
      Participant
        @jesperpark

Thanks for the long hours @wrd1972 and @rothbauerw

I have always felt the same as you guys that there is something “off” with the lateral movement and definitely the flipper trajectory.  I’m sure this will be a great leap forward in the ever evolving VP10 tables

robertms
        Participant
          @mophead

Well done Wrd and Roth, thank you for the countless hours you invested in this project. After playing the new v1.5 for about an hour I went back to the previous version for comparison: the old version looked and felt like a video game. Unbelievable. The newly improved “incandescent” lighting further enhances the realism. Not too shabby for a “fake” pinball machine.. (your words not mine ;-))

Mark70
          Participant
            @mark70

Thanks for all the work and time you spent for the improvements.  Table looks great and I agree the ball feels much heavier now.
            If you would force me to name something I would like to see, then I would say a bit more bouncier ball on the flippers.  e.g. flipper elasticity 0,6 ->0,7.
            As always, not meant as negative critics, but as feedback.  :-)

Umpa
            Participant
              @umpa

Question I’m running exclusive full screen and when I launch this table it’s black because the options popup is waiting for input. I can’t select the options and tell it not to display again. Do I need to run this table in windowed mode make the selections and switch back to fs. Or is there something in the script that I can change?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Yes run windowed set options then check don’t display options again

for IOS and Android

Umpa
                Participant
                  @umpa

Yes run windowed set options then check don’t display options again

Yep that’s what I did. Thanks! Great table and physics! Thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

wrd1972
                  Participant
                    @wrd1972
                    MembervipContributor

So I always run this (windowed full screen) on the cab. Seems to fill the screen just fine.
                    So what does exclusive full-screen do any different?

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Jesperpark
                    Participant
                      @jesperpark

So I always run this (windowed full screen) on the cab. Seems to fill the screen just fine. So what does exclusive full-screen do any different?

What Umpa means is when you are running in Exclusive full screen no other pop up/options windows will come up.  Basically you have to run the first time in windowed full screen, make your selection, then run exclusive full screen once again.

wrd1972
                      Participant
                        @wrd1972
                        MembervipContributor

But what is Exclusive full screen. What does it do that windowed full screen does not?

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

My joust build menu should display in exclusive mode no?

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

Mark70
                          Participant
                            @mark70

So I always run this (windowed full screen) on the cab. Seems to fill the screen just fine. So what does exclusive full-screen do any different?

True-fullscreen is much faster it has definately better perfomance.
                            For example on some tables I see some ball stutter in windowed-fullscreen, while the same table runs smooth like silk in
                            true-fullscreen (4xAA and Reflection enabled).  Also the Dude runs smooth with AA enabled in True-FS :)

Mark70
                            Participant
                              @mark70

Question I’m running exclusive full screen and when I launch this table it’s black because the options popup is waiting for input. I can’t select the options and tell it not to display again. Do I need to run this table in windowed mode make the selections and switch back to fs. Or is there something in the script that I can change? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

For such “one time settings”, I use a separate VPX shortcut with the command line “-DisableTrueFullscreen”
                              This starts the editor in windowed-fullscreen for just this one session.

For people who don’t know how to do it:
                              create a desktop shortcut for vpx -> right click on it and select properties -> In the field “Target” add “-DisableTrueFullscreen” behind the path.
                              Example: ***\VPinballX.exe” -DisableTrueFullscreen

I have a german windows version, but it should be like that for the english one

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

If joust menu works in exclusive mode maybe  that menu option is a better choice moving forward? I don’t run in exclusive mode so cannot say if it works but should

for IOS and Android

RustyCardores
                                  @rustycardores
                                  MemberModerator

Hey wrd… this table is something very VERY special.  Thank you :)

If I was to make one suggestion (other than my normal sound balances that I bang on about with my PMD script mods all the time. lol), it would be to make the overall yellow cast of Light72 switchable (perhaps even dimmable?) in the F6 options. Our screens are not always colour balanced the same and the effect may be too strong for some. I personally needed to tone it down quite a bit.  Easy enough in the script, but there are those who don’t like to edit scripts.

EDIT: Oops typo…. “Easy enough in the table editor, but there are those who don’t like to edit tables”.

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus
                                    ContributorMemberModerator

I’m beginning to become a real super fan of your new flipper physics. Can’t wait for BBB/Funhouse 1.5 and well Whitewater. Tried your flipper settings on different tables, but, well, takes a whole lot of other parameter changes to feel just spot on like this table now does !

rothbauerw
                                      @rothbauerw
                                      ModeratorContributorMembervip

@Thalamus

Make sure you add the script update for the flippers as well.

In the Editor

Create a new timer call EOSTimer
                                      Timer Enabled Checked
                                      Timer Interval 1

In the Script

dim defaultEOS,EOSAngle,EOSTorque
                                      defaulteos = leftflipper.eostorque ‘Assumes you’re using the same EOSTorque for all flippers
                                      EOSAngle = 3           ‘I use 3, but a range of 3-6 should be ok
                                      EOSTorque = 0.9     ‘I use 0.9 or 0.8, too low of a value and the flippers tend to get sloppy/springy and can fling the ball on a high velocity strike

Sub EOSTimer_Timer()

‘ For each flipper on the table add one of the following replacing FlipperName with the name of the Flipper in the editor
                                      ‘ If flipper start angle is > flipper end angle

If FlipperName.CurrentAngle < FlipperName.EndAngle + EOSAngle Then
                                      FlipperName.eostorque = EOSTorque
                                      Else
                                      FlipperName.eostorque = defaultEOS
                                      End If

‘ If flipper start angle is < flipper end angle

If FlipperName.CurrentAngle > FlipperName.EndAngle – EOSAngle Then
                                      FlipperName.eostorque = EOSTorque
                                      Else
                                      FlipperName.eostorque = defaultEOS
                                      End If

End Sub

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      wrd1972
                                      Participant
                                        @wrd1972
                                        MembervipContributor

If you look at the table in the editor, you will see the light,…its a gigantic circle. You can simply delete it or dial the yellow back some to match you screen. Its also no tied to any scripting in any way. Not likely to be added to a an options menu since it is really so easy to do in the editor.

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

@rothbauerw : Thanks. Seems I’ve done it correctly, so its not that. Well, injected the code into JP ballrolling sub, not its own timer. I’ll change that for the future. The issue has been more the fact that the mass of the ball itself is heavier and that again effects the behavior of the table. I know we both like the Fish Table physics by Pinball58, it doesn’t really need these changes, but out of curiosity, I started to have a go at it.

The flippers themselves feels great, its the other changes that I’m having troubles fine tuning. I guess there is a reason why Bill and you have used hours fine tuning this table, BBB and FH. I’m sure I find a method to it in the long run.

Awesome work guys.

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

If you look at the table in the editor, you will see the light,…its a gigantic circle. You can simply delete it or dial the yellow back some to match you screen. Its also no tied to any scripting in any way. Not likely to be added to a an options menu since it is really so easy to do in the editor.

Everything is easy – if you already know how to do it ;)
                                            It is taking me forever learning, because you get small bits and pieces of information here and there. Not complaining though, it is part of the fun.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 300 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?