Dr. Dude (Bally 1990)

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 300 total)
  • Author
    robertms
    Participant
      @mophead

Hey Bill, this is really turning out great. Got to play around with the color mods and really digging the multi-color bumpers and GI, they add a whole new dimension to this table. I now totally get what you were trying to accomplish with the MM flashers, not sure if it’s just the increased env image light height but they look much more cohesive now.

Here are my FS landscape POV settings for the updated table (had to manually hide rails and cab walls):

Dr-Dude-Midway-1990

wrd1972
      Participant
        @wrd1972
        MembervipContributor

Ooops, sorry, I was wrong. They were different. I just imported the one from the previous version. One bug though: Rails = 1 seems to no longer hide the side rails.

I prefer the side rails on my table since it allows me to get a more accurate aspect ratio (less squashed).

If you look in the options, there is an option to hide the rails in FS if you like.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Bill ! You are a Super Dude !

I loved your previous releases, the 1.5 upgrade was awesome. Everything about it was just better.

Just downloaded this one, but from the pic above. I’m really looking forward to pressing that play button now :)

LeChucksBeard
          Participant
            @lechucksbeard

About the rails: yes, I was saying that in the previous version, “Rails = 1” would hide them, not in the new beta you just uploaded.

Thalamus
              @thalamus

Yeah, there is a bug there …

wrd1972
              Participant
                @wrd1972
                MembervipContributor

Ahh…fixed. :)

Here is my latest:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p0rwdvnj7w2uydi/Dr%20Dude%20%28Midway%201990%29_2.0_beta2.vpx?dl=0

The previous one had slope reduced for my son to play it. So it was a bit slow. Normal speed now restored.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

oh .. and I who thought I’ve become better at playing :wacko:   :whistle:

wrd1972
                  Participant
                    @wrd1972
                    MembervipContributor

Haha,

This one is nearly there. I just need a small 3D job to wrap it up and a physics one-over on the cab.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    LeChucksBeard
                    Participant
                      @lechucksbeard

Awesome, thanks!

kino412
                      Participant
                        @kino412

Anyone else getting no EM sounds? I get all the table sounds (ball rolling, flippers, etc). I’ve checked my VP settings. I went into the menu but there doesn’t seem to be an option.

I’m sure it’s a problem on my end, and the table is awesome.

Edit: yeah something must have screwed up in the ROM download. Re downloaded and it’s perfect. Awesome machine!

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

Just you wait ;-)

wrd1972
                          Participant
                            @wrd1972
                            MembervipContributor

Im looking to release a new refresh for DD this weekend. Many thanks to Cyberpez, Rothbauerw, nfozzy, rustycardores and flupper for the awesome contributions. So cross your fingers. :)

Here are the main highlights of whats new:

• PF image enhancements
                            • New stainless side rails that look like stainless
                            • Much rework on the Raygun model. Also added visible bulbs and light tweaks to look more accurate (this took F’n forever to get looking right)
                            • True to scale shooter lane gate
                            • True to scale movement of gates…no flapping in the wind like normal gate objects
                            • Wicked all new GI lighting with color mods
                            • Truer to scale pop-bumper caps with color mod
                            • Intro music snippet (switchable in script)
                            • Realistic light blooms for GI, Raygun and Mixmaster
                            • Brighter flashers
                            • New Rev 2 HMLF table physics
                            • New flipper physics
                            • All new light fading scripts to ensure lights and inserts dont dim when the GI turns off. Lots of other small benefits
                            • New PF shadowing
                            • Lights, flashers positions fixed…wont mis-align with backdrop changes.
                            • Cleaned up unused images, sounds and materials
                            • Options selection feature has been returned to the script to prevent exclusive full screen issues
                            • PMD and surround sound features added
                            • Countless other small things

The most glaring thing thing your gonna see is the lighting changes…especially the bright flasher blooms and wall flashes.  The table is just so much more vibrant in every possible way, than before. The GI and flasher blooms really adds some pop and sizzle to the table…in a big way. And the new GI and bumper color mods are just bad-ass. And the game plays is just so much better too.

Also FH, BOP and BBBB are getting the radical makeover too.

CarnyPriest
                            Participant
                              @carnypriest

noice

very noice

senseless
                              Participant
                                @senseless

That is a big update :0). Looking forward to play the new vibrant Dr Dude!

wrd1972
                                Participant
                                  @wrd1972
                                  MembervipContributor

Version 2.0 released.

Please let me know of any issues.

Enjoy :good:

14 users thanked author for this post.
                                  whitewater
                                  Participant
                                    @whitewater

It’s not an update.. it’s a rebuilt!  Nice job, thanks :)

wrd1972
                                    Participant
                                      @wrd1972
                                      MembervipContributor

I can certainly agree with that. :)

The objective was to roll in everything I have learned to date…and a few new things. But its fair to say that just about every object was touched in some way. But unfortunately, there is one lighting issue. The Raygun reflection is missing from the wall due to a couple walls being slightly out of position. I will make a rev in a about a week to fix that and anything else that you guys might find.

Next…Bride of Pinbot, Bugs Bunny and Funhouse are getting rebuilds too. Then on to something new.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      Tamachi
                                      Participant
                                        @tamachi

Hello ! Thanks for the awesome update. With the new update (2.0) flippers don’t move so i can’t play. I’m in desktop mode.

wrd1972
                                        Participant
                                          @wrd1972
                                          MembervipContributor

Hello ! Thanks for the awesome update. With the new update (2.0) flippers don’t move so i can’t play. I’m in desktop mode.

I am gonna assume you have a flipper mapping incorrect in your VP settings. Many folks have tested the table and there has not been any mention of an issue like this. I recommend re-downloading the table and verifying your settings. Do other tables tables work? I have made no changes that would have affected flipper mappings that I am aware of. If the problem persists, let me know. :)

wrd1972
                                          Participant
                                            @wrd1972
                                            MembervipContributor

If you guys want to remedy the Raygun lighting issue before I make a new rev…see attached.

Go to layer 5, select and unlock these three flashers (1 is slightly hidden) and move them slightly to the right, to the X-position of 420.2537. This will make the Raygun wall reflections work properly.

Attachments:
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 300 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?