Dr. Dude (Bally 1990)

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 300 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

Hello ! Thanks for the awesome update. With the new update (2.0) flippers don’t move so i can’t play. I’m in desktop mode.

I haven’t checked the 2.0 release yet – only the beta, but will in a couple of hours :)

Don’t remember if he uses the nfozzy’ flipper hack or not. If you aren’t running 10.5 beta, and he is using that, then you need to either upgrade, get a new wpc.vbs or change that setting to 1.

Const UseSolenoids = 2 <- if that is used – try change it to 1. Flippers will be slower ( or do above )

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Something new!?!? Any hints?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Tamachi
        Participant
          @tamachi

Hello ! Thanks for the awesome update. With the new update (2.0) flippers don’t move so i can’t play. I’m in desktop mode.

I haven’t checked the 2.0 release yet – only the beta, but will in a couple of hours :) Don’t remember if he uses the nfozzy’ flipper hack or not. If you aren’t running 10.5 beta, and he is using that, then you need to either upgrade, get a new wpc.vbs or change that setting to 1. Const UseSolenoids = 2 <- if that is used – try change it to 1. Flippers will be slower ( or do above )

Thank you it worked ! I use VPX 10.4, and changing UseSolenoids = 2 to UseSolenoids = 1 make the flippers move :)

I’ve tried 10.5 beta, it worked (don’t need to change UseSolenoids = 2 anymore ! :D)

Thanks again to wrd1972 for the beautiful table and Thalamus for the tip !

1 user thanked author for this post.
          wrd1972
          Participant
            @wrd1972
            MembervipContributor

CP, Roth and I are working on TMNT. I also want to MOD some very nice existing tables with improved visuals, lighting and physics. Have not decided on a doing a ground-up rebuild like my previous tables. But I am open to suggestions.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

1 user thanked author for this post.
            wrd1972
            Participant
              @wrd1972
              MembervipContributor

Thal,
              When I do a rev, should I save it to 10.5 as to avoid having others with the similar issue?

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

The Loafer
              Participant
                @theloafer

I’m not Thal but I can answer: the user needs the VP10.5 beta and the associated scripts.  All you can do is recommend to them in the release thread to ensure they are using the latest VP10.5 beta OR change the solenoid line to “1” as identified by Thal earlier.

edit:  it might be a good idea for you to edit the first post to show new release AND mention about 10.5 preferred VP10 to use

wrd1972
                Participant
                  @wrd1972
                  MembervipContributor

So I am confused as to best course of action to ensure folks dont encounter an issue. The table was saved with 10.4 official release. Should it remain like this or should a save it with 10.5 and release a new rev?

I just added a note to the first post.

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

Well. As I understand it – only the latest beta has the “fixed-fixed” wpc.vbs. Actually, I think it would be better to release it with that set to 1. These guys know what to do if you mention in the release that you recommend it to be set to 2. Over at vpf its a different matter.

Tamachi
                    Participant
                      @tamachi

In my humble opininon all VPX users should use latest VPX 10.5 beta to prevent any bug (just like i did)

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

Don’t agree. Beta should be run by those that can give a sensible feedback … most vpf’ don’t.

Tamachi
                        Participant
                          @tamachi

Well, then UseSolenoids should be set to 1 to avoid any confusion.

doogie
                          Participant
                            @doogie

Nice looking update.  However, I get a big drop in FPS with stuttering compared to version 1.5a.  I play at 120hz with Vsync=1 and almost all tables are pinned at 120fps, any reason why this one would give me trouble now?

dude

Attachments:
                            wrd1972
                            Participant
                              @wrd1972
                              MembervipContributor

Hmmm it appears that the latest rev is more resource hungry looking at you information. But I cant really speak it beyond that. Maybe someone can add something useful. What CPU and video card are you running?

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

maybe some prims not set to static? colidable? seems a few more triangles in 2.0 but i dont have stutter so hard to say

********************************************************
                                Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                for IOS and Android

********************************************************

robertms
                                Participant
                                  @mophead

Dude..speechless.

Here is an updated landscape POV if anyone needs it.

3 users thanked author for this post.
                                  Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

No issues with performance, plays like a dream for me. Looks smashing. Fading of the light and the way the lights reflect in the walls should be mentioned on its own. Very happy to be able to enjoy this table as it was intended. Thank you Wrd1972, nFozzy and other helpers. :heart:   :good:

chokeee
                                    Participant
                                      @chokeee

WOW it looks fucking amazing! One thing Ill try to change for myself will be wire ramps sound (Ill take it form v1.5).  On 2.0 it sounds like plastic ramps ;) Thank you for your work on this gem! :heart:

Bluetooth
                                      Participant
                                        @bluetooth

Thanks for this great team work  :good:

DJRobX
                                          @djrobx
                                          MemberModerator

Hmmm it appears that the latest rev is more resource hungry looking at you information.

It plays very smooth out of the box on my cab.    And I’m running 4k on a 960, so it barely keeps up with most tables.   Looking at those stats, the script usage jumped from 4% to 35%.    There seems to be something with nFozzy’s new fast flips stuff that clobbers script performance in some cases (issue reported on Indiana Jones too).   I’d first update to the VPX 10.5 beta scripts, there have been fixes made.     If that doesn’t work, try changing “usesolenoids” from 2 to 1 in the script and see what happens.

DJRobX
                                            @djrobx
                                            MemberModerator

WOW it looks fucking amazing! One thing Ill try to change for myself will be wire ramps sound (Ill take it form v1.5). On 2.0 it sounds like plastic ramps ;) Thank you for your work on this gem! :heart:

Heh – I have a real pin with metal wire ramps.   It really makes very little noise at all when the ball is on them.   I think we’ve gotten accustomed to the exaggerated “knife-sharpening” metal sounds on a lot of tables.    Kind of like Hollywood movies where footsteps and fight scenes have embellished sounds.    The nice thing with VP is that we can always change the table to match our tastes.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 300 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?