Dracula (Stern 1979)

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    bord
      @bord
      MembervipContributorModerator

Happy Halloween (almost). Dracula 2.0 is uploaded. It is a total overhaul – visuals, script, physics. Almost nothing was left untouched.

Specific thanks to @rothbauerw for the new physics, general problem solving and for fixing my script errors. I can’t understate how much he contributed to this project.

drac2FS

The Loafer
      Participant
        @theloafer

Awesome and perfect time of the year for this gem of a Stern game!

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

Thanks @Bord, can’t wait to get home and try it out

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

I mentioned earlier that this game was set up for the EPC. Unfortunately, that was misleading. First of all I came there and saw a turned off Bram Dracula, not the Stern one that I had hoped for. It was unfortunately down all the tournament. So was Gorgar. Two machines I’ve really looked forward to play. Except for that and a no show for Future Spa I had a blast.

However. I know I’m going to enjoy this one – a lot ! So thank you very much Bord ! :rose:

vogliadicane
            Participant
              @vogliadicane

Wow, love the update. Super work on lighting and physics. Just climbed up to my fav list :yes:   :good:

-RpT
              Participant
                @rpt

Thanks for 2.0, beautiful things as always  :heart:

Oldschool4
                Participant
                  @oldschool4

Thankyou   bord and @rothbauerw, will play it in a couple of weeks when my new 4k monitor arrives. :good:

STAT
                  Participant
                    @stefanaustria
                    MemberContributor

IMG_20191019_230529

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    Herweh
                    Participant
                      @herweh
                      vipMemberContributor

Looks absolutely incredible. I‘m not at home til Wednesday but I‘m looking so much forward installing and playing this gem.

JR
                      Participant
                        @jfr1

@stefanaustria  doesn’t that really large sticky placement create some game-play issues ;)

The work on this is really thought provoking.  Just where do you magicians go from here?     …thanks bord and roth!!

rothbauerw
                          @rothbauerw
                          ModeratorContributorMembervip

@stefanaustria  doesn’t that really large sticky placement create some game-play issues ;)

The work on this is really thought provoking.  Just where do you magicians go from here?     …thanks bord and roth!!

Just have to keep pushing the envelope. Lots of great tables out there that can benefit from recent advancements.  I’m really looking forward to bord’s Genie!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

JR
                          Participant
                            @jfr1

You’re working on another wide-body bord?   :wacko:   I have yet to figure out pov for Paragon …not sure I ever will with my current set up.  And that pin is the  reason I ended up in this bizarre universe.     Back to Drac –

I totally missed, when I played earlier versions,  how it was designed by Harry Williams.  THE Williams…as in Williams pinball.  How he ended up designing games briefly for Stern is a fun story.  He has credits on IPDB going back to the 1930’s and designed one of my faves, Flight 2000 in 1980!  Wow.  Wish I’d been in the room watching while he was designing this table.  Thanks again for vividly bringing things from the past back to life.

jdsabin1
                            Participant
                              @jdsabin1

Hey guys – I am struggling to find out where in the script I need to edit to not have my 3rd DMD screen show up since the scores are directly in the DMD. Using latest everything inc 10.6 final. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The Loafer
                              Participant
                                @theloafer

I tried it a little earlier.  Man it plays so well, right off the bat the ball is a little livelier near the flippers, much improved realism there compared to previous  versions.  I got a few good games and a few not so good (outlines are killers… just like the real thing)

I’ve played a couple of games of a real stern Dracula’s several years ago and it didn’t play as well as this one.  Thank you Bord and Rothbauerw and all others who may have contributed

bord
                                  @bord
                                  MembervipContributorModerator

Hey guys – I am struggling to find out where in the script I need to edit to not have my 3rd DMD screen show up since the scores are directly in the DMD. Using latest everything inc 10.6 final. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

If I’m understanding you correctly that is a pinmame setting for your rom. F1 then turn off the dmd.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  Blacksad
                                  Participant
                                    @blacksad

Thank you Mr Bord for updating, an impeccable job, congratulations the artist and a big thank you for sharing ! :heart:

Schreibi34
                                    Participant
                                      @schreibi34

Once again incredible work! Can’t wait to try it out. Absolutely beautyfull and roth’s stuff is already legendary.

Thanks for sharing!

arconovum
                                      Participant
                                        @nicholaschristopher
                                        MemberContributor

Thanks Bord and Roth, the dynamic duo… Just WOW .. looks .. well it looks.. just WOW!

jdsabin1
                                        Participant
                                          @jdsabin1

Thank you for the help – it was indeed that DMD setting in vpinmame. Fantastic table!

shaman
                                          Participant
                                            @shaman

Thank you bord for another marvelous effort!! :yahoo:   :yahoo: :yahoo:

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 104 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?