Drunken Santa

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    remdwaas1986
    Participant
      @remdwaas1986

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/drunken-santa/

Christmas is almost here!

It was the 6th of november this year i got a message to make a table together with somebody. I send this person messages with all the information, but didn’t got any reply back lol. I decided to postpone my other projects and started on the 10th of November on new x-mas table “Drunken Santa”. 19 days later this is the result!

First to all thanks to Davor Lipovac for using a sound from his Heineken table. Also my special thanks to stevegooner, because he is mister x-mas and provide all the nice x-mas tables in this community! I hope I’m also a good contribution to this community!

This is an original table, with everything included in the vpx file, and it doesn’t need any external program to run. It can be run in desktop mode and in FS mode. The DMD will rotate accordingly. This is a 5 ball game with on 1,3 and 5 million an extra ball. This table is with ball savers on the side for more playing time! I put the music in the backglass(I also learn from last time) and add a flex dmd table. (for the flex table i used a different letter type, because the original wasn’t showing nice on the dmd)

He drinks, burbs and he farts it’s drunken Santa. Santa crashed with his sleigh when he wanted to deliver a package and now he is stuck in the chimney. Can you help drunken Santa and his elfs to lift the sleigh and get the package delivered?

• Collect the 100 toys in Santa’s workshop for an extra bonus.
      • Don’t forget the beer and toy bonus.
      • Hit the beers out of the ice for extra bonus points
      • Can you get al 10 reindeers from the parking?
      • Hit three times the Christmas for an extra ball
      • complete the chimney for multiball
      • complete the sleigh for multiball

Leave a message behind and rank the table please!

Drink one on me and have a merry x-mas and a happy new year!

Cheers

Total of 30 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      iDigStuff
      Participant
        @dkane626

Fun theme idea and you made it so quickly.
        thank you!

Bendo
        Participant
          @bendo

When I read your description I thought, this probably won’t be much of a table, but I’ll try it out. Well I was wrong. For a “simple” little table it is fun and plays well. Thanks for your work and for sharing !!!

sgtd666
          Participant
            @sgtd666

getting a script error ” Set FlexDMD = CreateObject(“FlexDMD.FlexDMD”)’

trying to play on cab with DMD.  What should I set above to?

Thank you

remdwaas1986
            Participant
              @remdwaas1986

getting a script error ” Set FlexDMD = CreateObject(“FlexDMD.FlexDMD”)’

trying to play on cab with DMD. What should I set above to?

Thank you

Hello, i dont get this error with flex DMD, somebody else? It’s the same flex dmd code as used in mario/ductales.

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

@sgtd666 : Get it, install it – https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=43569&page=1 – recommend that you choose it to replace UltraDMD in its options too.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                makmak
                Participant
                  @makmak

Plays very nice, thank you for sharing!! Too hard losing game progress with every drain… any DOF planned? ;-) (guess its time to install flexDMD…)

joeplainfield
                  Participant
                    @joeplainfield

Love the Christmas themes. Glad to see a new one this year.

remdwaas1986
                    Participant
                      @remdwaas1986

Plays very nice, thank you for sharing!! Too hard losing game progress with every drain… any DOF planned? ;-) (guess its time to install flexDMD…)

Hi, you don’t lose game progress, the lights around the big santa is for extra bonus, so you can get every round extra bonus(its with all my tables). For DOF i need help, because i don’t understand that how that works.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      Slick267
                      Participant
                        @slick267

Great to have a decent santa table  that all can play?…. but is there any way you could put the DMD that you use on the play field and use it for a separate virtual DMD instead of the flex DMD?

Have a hard time making out letters like the “a” in a high score initial…the one on the play field looks 100 times better….

remdwaas1986
                        Participant
                          @remdwaas1986

Great to have a decent santa table that all can play?…. but is there any way you could put the DMD that you use on the play field and use it for a separate virtual DMD instead of the flex DMD?

Have a hard time making out letters like the “a” in a high score initial…the one on the play field looks 100 times better….

Hi Slick,

I did the font 6 times. i have to make 50 png’s every time, that will cost me 1,5 hours for the letterype and that 6 times. Because it was to dark on the desktop table and if i use this letterype on the flex dmd then this is your a -> /- and all stripes/ not visible, so for this table i couldn’t find the right lettertype for the dmd. This is for me the best i could do. The lettertype on my playfield doesn’t have ><=. so i cannot use this. I agree on your comment but its just not possible.

To make a table you first have to find a lettertype(also took a lot of time to find the right lettertype) and then make png’s so it can be used in the flasher dmd. (code i use from JPSalas).

For the other DMD i’m not sure what you mean? did you already download just DS? Is that what you mean with separate dmd? Flex is use for cabinet mode or people with a second screen or real dmd.

Cheers

Slick267
                          Participant
                            @slick267

I have a cabinet with a virtual DMD the flex DMD table has a DMD that is hard to read somethings ….I also down loaded the desktop version and saw the DMD on the table which looks perfect it matches the table….is there a way to move that DMD off the table and onto the third screen …thank you for taking the time to answer just wondering….

remdwaas1986
                            Participant
                              @remdwaas1986

I have a cabinet with a virtual DMD the flex DMD table has a DMD that is hard to read somethings ….I also down loaded the desktop version and saw the DMD on the table which looks perfect it matches the table….is there a way to move that DMD off the table and onto the third screen …thank you for taking the time to answer just wondering….

Hi,I don’t know how to get it on the other screen. I’m busy to build my own cabinet( i have one but it’s not finished). I’m still waiting on my pindmd so i cannot see it on a real dmd.  if i have time next week then i will look into it one more time especially for you.

Bosco
                              Participant
                                @bosco

Beautiful table thanks for creating it.

I use a real DMD and it works fine except for the high scores. I can not enter initials and the score is not showing when it goes into show high score mode all else works fine.

remdwaas1986
                                Participant
                                  @remdwaas1986

Beautiful table thanks for creating it.

I use a real DMD and it works fine except for the high scores. I can not enter initials and the score is not showing when it goes into show high score mode all else works fine.

Hi,

I also use a real dmd and with me it works just fine.

cheers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?