Dungeon and Dragons (Bally 1987)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Magnus
    Participant
      @solidrock68

Great game!

Got one problem.

Playfield and siderails seem to hover above a second underlayer with rails?

Hard to explain really. I play in desktop mode.

dungeon

agentEighty6
      Participant
        @zigbane

Hi Magnus, Looks like you changed the size of the table.  For desktop mode, the background is a static image that includes rails.  For the next release, i can remove the rails in desktop mode so there’s not two sets but for now, either restore the table size to original or remove the background image for desktop mode or remove the rail ramps.

Magnus
        Participant
          @solidrock68

I see. Weird thing is that i did not resize the table. Seems like the sidewalls is transparent or something.

agentEighty6
          Participant
            @zigbane

Are you sure you didnt change any setting with the POV?

Maybe try downloading it again and see if that helps.  i just downloaded it and looks ok.

mrdremel
            Participant
              @mrdremel

I keep getting low framerates with this table. idles at around 63 FPS and when playing drops to 46. So table stutters a lot. Have this with no other tables.

I have a 1050ti and most other heavy tables still do at least 100 FPS so getting it to sync at 60 FPS is never a problem. I turned off fxaa, ball trails ball reflection. No change at all.

anyone else experience performance drops?

BrandonLaw
              Participant
                @brandonlaw

I keep getting low framerates with this table. idles at around 63 FPS and when playing drops to 46. So table stutters a lot. Have this with no other tables.

I have a 1050ti and most other heavy tables still do at least 100 FPS so getting it to sync at 60 FPS is never a problem. I turned off fxaa, ball trails ball reflection. No change at all.

anyone else experience performance drops?

Change this to ‘1’

ASDFSDF

"Fuck this game. I love it."

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

Eh. No, don’t do that. If you haven’t set your fps limiter correct globally. You better change that instead. -1 is what all tables should be set at honoring global settings.

Or have I misunderstood this setting ?

Magnus
                  Participant
                    @solidrock68

I think it’s a resolution problem. I am running VPX on an old 1680×1050 screen.

Never mind, fixed it by tweaking some POV settings.

Keep up the good work!

Nice table indeed!

STAT
                    Participant
                      @stefanaustria
                      MemberContributor

If you have plans for another Update, see here the 2 latest “Pink” Objects …

DD_1 DD_2

agentEighty6
                      Participant
                        @zigbane

@stefanaustria

I should clean those up with the next update which i am thinking i’ll release today.

Here’s a scrn shot of my editor (VP 10.6.0 Final R3788).  If you look at the RFLogo element i have selected, it has no material, but in the selection tool, it has put the image name in the material column.  i think that’s a VPX error that should be looked at.

So besides not being able to see pink, this isnt helping either lol.

Maybe missing materials should blink — that would definitely help me!

VPXMaterialsError

mrdremel
                        Participant
                          @mrdremel

Hi,

It is not that setting. The issue is that the framerate drops below the vsync value (60 FPS).

All other tables run just fine with a much higher FPS when I disable vsync and stay steady at 60 FPS when I enable vsync.

Dungeons and dragons however drops to stuttering FPS rates. Seeing as there is not much going on while playing and I use a 1050ti, this shoud not occur. I run my playfield at 1920×1080.

That is why I was asking if anyone else has fps drops in this table.

EDIT: Seems that turning reflect playfield graphics to 0 (zero) fixed it for this table.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          Gwen
                          Participant
                            @gwen

Hmm, previous version was fine but 1.1 seems to run very very slowly for me.

Edit- ok no worries, it runs fine other than the plunger animation, which is slow and jerky when I pull it back, but fine on release.  Everything else seems fine.

Gwen
                            - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

BrandonLaw
                            Participant
                              @brandonlaw

I need everyone to understand @zigbane’s  talent.  He’s a programmer during the day and getting great while reinvigorating tables into vpx.  Great work here.  This table is a wonderful VPX experience.  If you have a chance to play the real deal…it’s daunting to know that you need to control your in-lanes in real life.  You realize you’ve failed in life and should reconsider the hobby.   But I mean what’s a few (x 100) quarters to better your life?  BE THANKFUL FOR VP AND IT’S DEVS.  I’ve been drinking.

"Fuck this game. I love it."

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              agentEighty6
                              Participant
                                @zigbane

I know the plunger was too sensitive so i tried to decrease it.   i have to always initialize mine every time i start up my cab or it stutters but i haven’t noticed it doing that now.  Regardless I’ll take a look to see if i can reproduce it.

Disclaimer: i too have been drinking. :good:

htamas
                                Participant
                                  @htamas

Hi,

It is not that setting. The issue is that the framerate drops below the vsync value (60 FPS).

All other tables run just fine with a much higher FPS when I disable vsync and stay steady at 60 FPS when I enable vsync.

Dungeons and dragons however drops to stuttering FPS rates. Seeing as there is not much going on while playing and I use a 1050ti, this shoud not occur. I run my playfield at 1920×1080.

That is why I was asking if anyone else has fps drops in this table.

EDIT: Seems that turning reflect playfield graphics to 0 (zero) fixed it for this table.

Thanks for this hint, unchecking the ‘Reflect Elements on Playfield’ box fixed the same problem for me too. Losing a little eye candy is less important than smoother gameplay, so this is an acceptable tradeoff.

I wonder what makes this table suffer from this setting, because as far as I can remember, it is the only one for me as well with this problem. Other tables play smooth with it enabled.

I changed the POV a little… attached the file if someone wants to try it.

joeplainfield
                                  Participant
                                    @joeplainfield

Nice table. loved playing the legacy version but VPX version all the more sweeter . Thank you.

Friffy1
                                    Participant
                                      @friffy1

You did a GREAT job on the table.  Looks and plays FANTASTIC!

One weird thing…  For me, when I pull back my plunger, the game plunger has a huge delay in responding.  Like I’ll pull back my plunger, then 2 seconds later game plunger will slooooooowly pull back.  Once the ball’s shot, the table plays without issue though.  Is this just me?  Is there something I’m missing?  I AM very new to this.

Thanks!

roccodimarco
                                      Participant
                                        @roccodimarco

Glad to see I’m not the only one with a mysterious stutter problem on this table.  I just figured it was my rig, but it seems to stutter in the middle of the table at times.  I haven’t had a chance to play the new update yet, perhaps it has been fixed?

agentEighty6
                                        Participant
                                          @zigbane

I had all my lights set to show the mesh and not static.  It runs smooth on both of my pcs and my laptop but i figured maybe some ppl maybe have under powered rigs and the lights were causing stuttering.  The all have mesh off now.   Hope this works out better for you.

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus
                                            ContributorMemberModerator

Thank you for the update. :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 93 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?