Dungeon and Dragons (Bally 1987)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    mrdremel
    Participant
      @mrdremel

Yep, same for me. The only table with some slowdown. But setting this really is a small tradeoff. Works flawless after that.

STAT
      Participant
        @stefanaustria
        MemberContributor

Thanks again Man – Looks like all is fine now.

Exc. some have Troubles with Stutters ? Disable “Windows 10 Live Security” (German: Echtzeitschutz), that will help a lot also on much other Stutters/Tables … check that every time, if you start to Play Tables.

Should be there: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027187/windows-10-turn-off-antivirus-protection-windows-security

htamas
        Participant
          @htamas

My cabinet runs Windows 7 and all antivirus is disabled. Still, I had to turn off reflections on the playfield even with the latest update. Runs well after that.

xphilou29
          Participant
            @xphilou29

very nice table! thanks a lot!

Doombear
            Participant
              @doombear

How do I get that Dungeons & Dragons to appear on the wall in the background?

roccodimarco
              Participant
                @roccodimarco

I had all my lights set to show the mesh and not static. It runs smooth on both of my pcs and my laptop but i figured maybe some ppl maybe have under powered rigs and the lights were causing stuttering. The all have mesh off now. Hope this works out better for you.

So when I load the game up, the pf lights right in the middle have mesh ticked.  Are you saying I should untick them to see a performance boost?

agentEighty6
                Participant
                  @zigbane

if you downloaded the latest version, the proper ones should be unchecked unless there were some that i purposely left on so that you would see the bulb.

roccodimarco
                  Participant
                    @roccodimarco

After looking at it, would reflection on the ball (individual lights) cause the minor stuttering when the ball is going down the middle while the lights are flashing?  That is the only other thing I can think of that is causing the small stutter.  This table is the only one stuttering (besides cue ball wizard, I have given up trying to figure out that one) and it only stutters in the middle when all the lights are going off.

lights

Arngrim
                    Participant
                      @arngrim
                      DOF MinisterMember

Thank you @agentEighty6 for the update, it is a special table but i am glad to see a good version of it in vpx :)

I have implemented the soundfx methods in the script, for a better control of the DOF events and digital sounds associated to it, you can find the updated script here

https://github.com/sverrewl/vpxtable_scripts/blob/master/Dungeons%26Dragons%20(Bally%201987)%20v1.1.2.vbs

if you can foresee an update of the table with it, it will benefit DOF users.

Cheers

Arngrim

agentEighty6
                      Participant
                        @zigbane

Thanks @arngrim!  i have the script saved and will update it with a future table update.

agentEighty6
                        Participant
                          @zigbane

Hey @roccodimarco,

for this release of DnD, i added some changes that Arngrim identified for some DOF events, but i also redid the posts, pins, and rubber bumpers.  before they were made from many little ramps, but now i changed them to be just one primitive.  they seemed to run fine on my PCs but maybe that was too taxing on some systems and this will work out better for you.  give it a spin and let me know if you still have perf issues — i’ve been wondering what the culprit has been and would be happy if that turns out to have been the issue.

naeromagus
                          Participant
                            @naeromagus

@agentEighty6, @arngrim Thanks for the table and the DOF fix I had it dl for the past couple of weeks but would not play it for fear of burning out one of my contactors. With seemed to stick on  Really like the one.

wrd1972
                            Participant
                              @wrd1972
                              MembervipContributor

Just downloaded 2.1, and as soon as the table is started, one of my DOF solenoids is activating. It will stay activated as long as the table is running, but it will burn up like this. Anyone else seeing this? The solenoid activating is the left sling, or the left front one.

Game looks great, but cant play it till this minor bug is fixed. :(

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

outhere
                                @outhere
                                MemberContributorvipModerator

Just downloaded 2.1, and as soon as the table is started, one of my DOF solenoids is activating. It will stay activated as long as the table is running, but it will burn up like this. Anyone else seeing this? The solenoid activating is the left sling, or the left front one.

Game looks great, but cant play it till this minor bug is fixed. :(
                                I see 1.2

agentEighty6
                                Participant
                                  @zigbane

Hi wrd, others had the same issue when I first released this.  did you update your dof config lately?  The  solenoidswere incorrect so i requested an update to config tool website.  They were pointing to s16 and s17 but should now point to s18 and s20.  Redownload your dof config files and let me know if that fixes the problem.

ccollomb
                                  Participant
                                    @ccollomb

Beautiful work and thanks for making it easy with the rom and nvram all in one file.

In case some people have the same issue. I had a problem with the 1.0.1 that could not start, latest 1.2 fixed it! thanks

forte
                                    Participant
                                      @forte

well this is a really hard table and not very rewarding, but a fantastic job on making it!

thank you! :bye:

DemoMan
                                      Participant
                                        @demoman

Looks great, I used to have this table so eager to play digital version.
                                        However – the start button/keyb button 1 does nothing. Coin button produces a boing sound, but no credits are added.

I tried
                                        deleting nvram
                                        pressing the ‘3’ key for coins
                                        waiting for 1 minute
                                        adding a line in the script : If keycode=AddCreditKey then vpmTimer.pulseSW (swCoin1)
                                        setting to freeplay (entered value ‘1’) – doesn’t work

nothing works..
                                        apparently I’m missing something ..
                                        HELP :wacko:

LynnInDenver
                                        Participant
                                          @lynnindenver

Are you seeing the attract mode light show patterns? Are you running in Exclusive Fullscreen? That mode squashes pretty much all error messages. What you’re seeing tends to be a symptom of the ROM not running, which means it’s either incomplete or nonexistent.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                                          Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                                          Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

l0g0n
                                          Participant
                                            @l0g0n

I am having an error at line 1378.  Anyone know why?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 93 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?