Eight Ball Deluxe (Bally 1980) [Bord]

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    blackvulcan3
    Participant
      @blackvulcan3

Chalk up!!! Looks great.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

This is really great ! I’m tempted to call it perfect ! :good:

Thank you so much Bord, Manples, 32assasin and Loafer !

Bob Albright
        Participant
          @bobalbright

Thank you Bord–nice job. There’s still a minor issue with the left lane that gives you the extra ball. It frequently will  not register that the ball rolled over it. Same issue with 32’s version.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

bord
            @bord
            MembervipContributorModerator

Thank you Bord–nice job. There’s still a minor issue with the left lane that gives you the extra ball. It frequently will not register that the ball rolled over it. Same issue with 32’s version.

Theloafer brought this up during testing, too. I tweaked it some but sounds like it still needs improvement. For me it misses less than 10% of the time.

Micronaut
            Participant
              @micronaut

thank friend,i have other version fron this table,but this version it very better, :good:

The Loafer
              Participant
                @theloafer

Away on vacation, can’t wait to try this when I get home.  Thanks again Bord for your work on this gem and for allowing me to test it.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                BorgDog
                Participant
                  @borgdog
                  MemberContributorvip

Thank you Bord–nice job. There’s still a minor issue with the left lane that gives you the extra ball. It frequently will not register that the ball rolled over it. Same issue with 32’s version.

Theloafer brought this up during testing, too. I tweaked it some but sounds like it still needs improvement. For me it misses less than 10% of the time.

Ha, same issue with all my real tables with star rollovers no matter how you adjust them, so sounds like you have it right  :good:

bord
                    @bord

Ha, same issue with all my real tables with star rollovers no matter how you adjust them, so sounds like you have it right :good:

That’s exactly where I’m at with it. Plays like a real Bally from that era to me.

Ben Logan2
                    Participant
                      @benlogan2

Good physics on this one, Bord!

bord
                        @bord

Thanks! Really tried to match the gameplay of a good condition (fast-ish) EBD. I think having a dead accurate playfield scan really helps in recreating correct gameplay. Get a good set of physics behind it and everything falls right into place.

arconovum
                        Participant
                          @nicholaschristopher
                          MemberContributor

Thanks! Really tried to match the gameplay of a good condition (fast-ish) EBD. I think having a dead accurate playfield scan really helps in recreating correct gameplay. Get a good set of physics behind it and everything falls right into place.

exactly.

Bob Albright
                          Participant
                            @bobalbright

I’ve spent probably 6 hours playing this table in the last two days.  Really, really well done. The left lane not registering the rollover is really a downer though. I’m thinking it’s only recognizing my shots up that lane like 35% of the time. I hope you can take another look at it and turn it from a 9.5 rating to a 10. Thanks  ?

bord
                              @bord

Borgdog pointed me to a placement error on my plastic guides. Somewhere late in the build I knocked them out of place. 1.0.1 is posted with that fix and should improve left lane rollover success as well.

The Loafer
                              Participant
                                @theloafer

Although I’ve not played the final version, I did want to thank Bord for yet another VPX table that is brutally hard for all the right reasons, such as missed shots to the bonus multiplier or the eight ball kicker can lead to instant drains, or the outlanes being more evil than typical VP tables.  This in turn means when you do get a great game going, it is far more rewarding.

STAT
                                Participant
                                  @stefanaustria
                                  MemberContributor

Good to know, that something (also when “bad”) is like the real Machine – love it, thanks Guys :good:

Bob Albright
                                  Participant
                                    @bobalbright

Yay–Bord for president! Just played a bunch of games on the 1.0.1 version. You fixed it. Thank you so much! This table will get a ton of play. 10 out of 10

kds70
                                    Participant
                                      @kds70

@bord: Thanks for this really nice EBD table; i love it :rose:   :yahoo:

Played it yesterday for about 3 hours and had much fun with it. Someone who ownes / played the real table: the outlanes are very frustrating. I wasn´t ever able to rescue the ball with nudging; it always goes out. In the video at the first page it seems to be possible while playing the real table.

What do you think about the outlanes or should i get more skills with nudging ? :cry:

Tried a physics set from a JPsalas table; i thought it was getting a little better (easier) gameplay. But i went back do bord´s physic because i don´t want to cheat.

Have to look out to play the real one once time. I wish to own this beauty; a really nice “pub, beer, playing, fun and competition pinball” i think.

Greedings, Kai

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

kds70
                                      Participant
                                        @kds70

… update to my 1st post above: seems that the outer walls of the left / right outlanes are a bit more bouncy at the real table; aren´t they ? what do you think ?

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

vogliadicane
                                        Participant
                                          @vogliadicane

This post is just to bring this one back to attention.

We played this the whole evening and it is awsome in any way, you could think of! This was the table I lost my virginity, so to say, and got addicted to pinball. Thanks, Bord. Cool work! :yes:

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Karlor
                                          Participant
                                            @karlor

Glad I double checked and found this beauty! I only had the still good but less resolution version. Another feather in the cap Bord :)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 70 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?