Eight Ball Deluxe (Bally 1980) [Bord]

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    bord
      @bord
      MembervipContributorModerator

No pending update ATM, but thought I would share a render and a quick story:

A few months ago @wrd1972 contacted me. He had his hands on an EBD bumper cap. These are cool looking in real life: hot stamped and very detailed. Nothing at all like the flat and undersized ones on this EBD build. Wrd sent some very detailed photos and scans with proper measurements in case I could do something with them.

Finally grabbed a little time and modeled them this week. Turned out pretty cool. Hot stamped and everything.

EBDcaps_render

The moral of the story? Be cool like wrd1972 and share assets when you can get your hands on them. Stuff like that keeps projects moving along and improves the overall quality of new projects.

rothbauerw
        @rothbauerw
        ModeratorContributorMembervip

Very, very cool!  Awesome having folks like you in and @wrd1972 in the community.  Keep up the great work guys!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

freneticamnesic
          @freneticamnesic
          vipModeratorMember

Always love to see everyone sharing resources. Slick looking bumper cap!

Punch it!

kds70
          Participant
            @kds70

No pending update ATM, but thought I would share a render and a quick story:

A few months ago @wrd1972 contacted me. He had his hands on an EBD bumper cap. These are cool looking in real life: hot stamped and very detailed. Nothing at all like the flat and undersized ones on this EBD build. Wrd sent some very detailed photos and scans with proper measurements in case I could do something with them.

Finally grabbed a little time and modeled them this week. Turned out pretty cool. Hot stamped and everything.

EBDcaps_render

The moral of the story? Be cool like wrd1972 and share assets when you can get your hands on them. Stuff like that keeps projects moving along and improves the overall quality of new projects.

@bord
            : i´ve never seen red bumper EBD caps. The early production EBD had white ones. All other following EBDs organge ones. If u need photos of these bumper caps and rings no problem. They are laying beside me .. and all plastics too.

Nice evening … greetings Kai :mail:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

bord
              @bord

Yeah, materials need a bump toward orange. The environment image I’m using didn’t put enough light through it and it looks too red.

kds70
              Participant
                @kds70

Yeah, materials need a bump toward orange. The environment image I’m using didn’t put enough light through it and it looks too red.

Give me some time; tomorrow i´ll send u some test images of these caps with a white background / paper or so.

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

JR
                Participant
                  @jfr1

What the heck.  Now I can’t play my favorite table without staring at the bumper caps!

32assassin
                  Participant
                    @32assassin

any chance you can make a version without the stamped in logo

their are multiple 1980s Bally/Midway tables that really need a better looking bumper cap

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8277-12

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

bord
                      @bord

Give me some time; tomorrow i´ll send u some test images of these caps with a white background / paper or so.

How is this? I have a good color sample on white paper from the scans. More interested in how it looks in-game w/ environment lighting.

EBDcaps

any chance you can make a version without the stamped in logo

Absolutely. Happy to. A little tinkering to do yet on the meshes and I will make a general version.

What the heck. Now I can’t play my favorite table without staring at the bumper caps!

I’ll see what I can do provide a DIY mod where you can add these. May just be too complicated but I’ll try.

JR
                      Participant
                        @jfr1

Damn, those look nice.  I figured out your clear ramp mod for Space Shuttle.  Bring on these bumper caps!  ..speaking of that clear ramp mod, that would have been perfect for the Top Gun ramps.  Especially the new dead-end extension.  Hm.

wrd1972
                        Participant
                          @wrd1972
                          MembervipContributor

Glad to help. Ive been shopping tons of real pins and have fed a ton of resources to loserman. I try to anticipate what others might need as well.

Bord,

Can i please get a pair of meshes for the ring and the cap without the ebd logo? I want to use these in my bbbb refresh.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

JR
                          Participant
                            @jfr1

Bugs is getting a ‘refresh’ ?  Wow.  The current build is amazing. Looking forward to more amazing.

kds70
                            Participant
                              @kds70

How is this? I have a good color sample on white paper from the scans. More interested in how it looks in-game w/ environment lighting.

P1080402

P1080521

Bumpers with lightning … ;-)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              vogliadicane
                              Participant
                                @vogliadicane

you can also use the bumper caps of my fathom, which are pretty similar. Just recolor. You can have a version without stamp… I’ll post tonight

wrd1972
                                Participant
                                  @wrd1972
                                  MembervipContributor

Damn, those look nice. I figured out your clear ramp mod for Space Shuttle. Bring on these bumper caps! ..speaking of that clear ramp mod, that would have been perfect for the Top Gun ramps. Especially the new dead-end extension. Hm.

Yup.

The table is now sitting at zero- units high. rather than being jacked up 200 units to allow the lower playfield to work. It allows for reflections now as well as some other visual benefits. Also has a 4K playfield image, and some minor physics changes. And of course, tone of nickle-dime fixes. As soon as I add the new bumper caps, it should be done.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

JR
                                  Participant
                                    @jfr1

8BDLX and Fathom – – were 1a and 1b motivations for me to build a cab.  That LED underwater mod is jaw dropping.

bord
                                      @bord

Hey @wrd1972 and @32assassin, please take a look at these and let me know if this is what you are looking for. Includes basic textures for you to do color/opacity adjustments in Photoshop and a demo of lit and unlit red bumpers made in PS from those basic textures (no extra rendering required).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BHzxwu5yPHb8-EfOBif58QSftK2xKm5x

Capture

32assassin
                                      Participant
                                        @32assassin

I’m assuming that a Smart UV Project texture is out of the question given that this are rendered textures.

it will be allot easier to add the decal

If it can’t be done no big deal we can get around it by doing an image warp

or I will end up making a 3rd primitive for the decal.

cap

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                                        https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

bord
                                          @bord

Yeah, VP can’t render those textures nicely on its own – needs a bit of a cheat. I can pre-render from directly overhead but it doesn’t really work visually.

Here is a 1:1 decal UV and mesh that will sit right on top of the bumper cap if they have the same z set. Should make it easier.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tJV-LEOc78XJGYslIYWbR8Nq_9H4BqdD

JR
                                          Participant
                                            @jfr1

….so…a Fireball 2 is in the works???

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 70 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?