EightBall Deluxe LE (Bally 1981) Animated Wheel Logo for PinballX

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    HiRez00
    Participant
      @hirez00

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=176818

I discovered something interesting yesterday with PinballX that I did not know … and maybe you didn’t either.

PinballX developers have added the ability to use animated GIF images as wheel images / graphics.

We have all gotten so used to using PNG image files with transparency mattes (especially for shadows) – GIF images can ‘almost’ do the same thing with transparencies except partial transparent areas like 50% drop shadow, etc will not work – so all images would need to have ‘hard’ edges and shadows.

BUT … that doesn’t detract from the ‘coolness’ factor of having some animated logos for your FAVORITE pinball tables. There are now limitless possibilities to add some cool stuff here.

I think I am going to make a template shape with perfect edges, like a megadocklet that I can then simply drop the animated image into to never worry about rough edges again.

I did a test with Eight Ball Deluxe LIMITED EDITION logo to tryout my proof of concept.

If you choose to try this out – you NEED to delete your existing PNG wheel image because by default PinballX will always keep / use the PNG and ignore the newly imported GIF image.

I also included a static PNG version as well. The PNG version does NOT animate.

If it doesn’t work – you probably need to update your PinballX to the latest version.

Try it out and let me know what you think.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Oldschool4
      Participant
        @oldschool4

Works great,like it very much,something different. :good:

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?