El Dorado City of Gold VPX Mod

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    jbg4208
    Participant
      @jbg4208

Yes, Target Alpha is a 4 player remake of El Dorado. Then City of Gold was made as an SS in ’84.

Dark
        @dark
        vipMemberContributor

I’m a sucker for a pin with jungle themed art, looks great.

3dcreation

Drybonz
        Participant
          @drybonz

Yes, Target Alpha is a 4 player remake of El Dorado. Then City of Gold was made as an SS in ’84.

Ah cool… there’s a place near me that has a Target Alpha table I liked to play until some of the drop targets broke.  Hopefully, someone can convert Loserman’s nice Target Alpha to VPX at some point.

jbg4208
          Participant
            @jbg4208

I might take a look at it.. I have the VPX playfield setup from El Dorado without an graphics from 32assassin. Might just need to add graphics from losermans table if they are good enough.

Drybonz
            Participant
              @drybonz

Loserman’s looks great… just needs the VPX update.

jbg4208
              Participant
                @jbg4208

Took a look at loserman’s version. Looks real nice but I’m defiantly not a coder. I’m just a graphics/playfield elements guy. Converting it would be over my head. If someone wants to convert the code I’ll gladly do the rest.

BorgDog
                Participant
                  @borgdog
                  MemberContributorvip

I don’t know if there are rules differences between all the em versions El Dorado, Target Alpha, Canada Dry, Solar City, but once one is done it would just be graphics to get them all.  then the add-a-ball versions Gold Strike and Lucky Strike would be different rules somewhat.  El Dorado and Gold Strike have been on my back burner to-do list for quite some time, but I haven’t been making much lately so don’t know when/if I’ll ever get to them.

Drybonz
                  Participant
                    @drybonz

I’m just a graphics/playfield elements guy.

Yeah… same here man… I can set the table up, and draw a little, but I have no idea about the code.

BorgDog
                    Participant
                      @borgdog
                      MemberContributorvip

So to continue the target alpha hijack, I got a little sidetracked yesterday from what I was supposed to be doing and stayed up late…

TA

Started with my blank template, copied most of the table objects over from 32assasins el dorado playfield setup, put in the bulk of the code and images from Jeff’s (loserman) vp9 table, renamed all the objects to match Jeff’s code, rescripted a bunch of stuff from vp9 to work in vpx (several things/methods no longer valid), rescripted stuff to work with my template setup (drain/trough) imported all the sounds from Jeff’s table, and now have a playable Target Alpha.

Still to do:

• rest of graphics obviously
                      • rescript to my option menu setup
                      • rescript to my hi-score setup
                      • add metal guide walls and a few other minor objects to playfield
                      • physics, physics, physics
                      • more stuff I haven’t run across yet I’m sure

Attachments:
                      randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

nice.

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Drybonz
                        Participant
                          @drybonz

Sweet… We need more old tables in VPX.    :good:

jbg4208
                          Participant
                            @jbg4208

Josh wrote:

For the life of me I cannot get that bumper to light up like that. Not sure if its the light settings or if I have the correct primitive cover. Can you send me the one you are using or what table is it on?

I believe I changed some of the heights on the objects to what I normally use as well. The ones off my Golden Arrow table should work. http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/golden-arrow-gottlieb-1977/ or the ones on Incredible Hulk, same ones. http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/incredible-hulk-the-gottlieb-1979/ Feel free to grab the 3″ flipper primitives and images off either of those as well should look better than the images on the default. I also have the correct primitive one for the little flipper on my Joker Poker table over on vpforums as well (need to update that table sometime). http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11618 Like the 4.5 slope and 1100 flipper strength settings feels better. Thanks!

Oh My GERRRRDD! :-(  I wasn’t even looking at the lights ,on the bumpers, from your tables. I was taking the bumper caps only. Thought they were primitives with the little ridges in the caps. Nope! The light is the secret. Crap.. all fixed now.  I was pulling what hair I have left out trying to figure out what I was missing.  Need one of those face palm emojis right now.

Edit: New update coming soon with flipper primitives, bumper lights and other minor things.

Bubmper-caps

Attachments:
                            Bob Albright
                            Participant
                              @bobalbright

Thanks for the tip Borgdog. I’ve been playing vp for 15 or so years and have never used that reset button since I didn’t know what it did. What exactly does it reset?  Thanks

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

BorgDog
                              Participant
                                @borgdog
                                MemberContributorvip

Thanks for the tip Borgdog. I’ve been playing vp for 15 or so years and have never used that reset button since I didn’t know what it did. What exactly does it reset? Thanks

honestly I have no idea, but it seemed like something to try  :unsure:

Drybonz
                                Participant
                                  @drybonz

Edit: New update coming soon with …bumper lights

Looks good… you can see those little ridges in the bumper cap a lot better.

BorgDog
                                  Participant
                                    @borgdog
                                    MemberContributorvip

Getting a little closer on the Target Alpha cousin too.  Got almost all the playfield elements places and sized correctly, updated some graphics, got the high score tape and options menu working.  Still much more to do.. should probably start my own thread  :bye:

TA-1

Attachments:
                                    Scotty VH
                                      @scottt
                                      ModeratorMember

I’m just a graphics/playfield elements guy.

Yeah… same here man… I can set the table up, and draw a little, but I have no idea about the code.

Me three…. just a graphics guy.  Better yet, just a graphics guy in training.  I’d love to take one of those 4 tables for “just the graphics work”.

Also, regarding physics of this table, Ben Logan seems to have a good knack for tuning physics.   He may be able to offer some advice as well.

Great collaboration on this, everybody!

So to continue the target alpha hijack, I got a little sidetracked yesterday from what I was supposed to be doing and stayed up late… TA Started with my blank template, copied most of the table objects over from 32assasins el dorado playfield setup, put in the bulk of the code and images from Jeff’s (loserman) vp9 table, renamed all the objects to match Jeff’s code, rescripted a bunch of stuff from vp9 to work in vpx (several things/methods no longer valid), rescripted stuff to work with my template setup (drain/trough) imported all the sounds from Jeff’s table, and now have a playable Target Alpha. Still to do:

• rest of graphics obviously
                                      • rescript to my option menu setup
                                      • rescript to my hi-score setup
                                      • add metal guide walls and a few other minor objects to playfield
                                      • physics, physics, physics
                                      • more stuff I haven’t run across yet I’m sure
                                      Drybonz
                                      Participant
                                        @drybonz

Wildman posted a nice backglass for this.

Micronaut
                                        Participant
                                          @micronaut

thank you fiend,great job

arconovum
                                          Participant
                                            @nicholaschristopher
                                            MemberContributor

thank you fiend,great job

ScottyVH I didn’t know you were a “fiend”.. you do know what that is right?

noun
                                            noun: fiend; plural noun: fiends

an evil spirit or demon.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 78 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?