El Dorado City of Gold VPX Mod

Viewing 18 posts - 61 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    jbg4208
    Participant
      @jbg4208

Yes it is. I may see if I can match it up with borgdog’s Targe Alpha just to maybe get Item placements correct. They are sister tables. Not sure how much work that will take but will see.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Blompottan
      Participant
        @blomman

Loading this one messed up my sound on a prev ver of this talbe and the EM Eldorado. Im lost on how to make them sound again.

MisterB
        Participant
          @wz66h1

Good looking table and plays nice, but like many others, the only sounds I get are the mechanical ones and no ROM sounds.  Is there an updated ROM that should go with this?  Otherwise, any ideas?  I have already tried F1 and reset.  Sound settings are all correct and all other tables installed work fine.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

I’ll share this for a short period. It has the “old” version of the table (ignore it), but, also the other files needed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwbajf6qpr8tgrg/Eldorado_12_ThalEdit.zip?dl=0

7 users thanked author for this post.
            joeplainfield
            Participant
              @joeplainfield

Thank you. Love this machine

MisterB
              Participant
                @wz66h1

Thanks Thalamus!  That worked like a champ.  Your my hero!

naeromagus
                Participant
                  @naeromagus

Wow just realized that you had given this an update. Much appreciated

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

A little bird told me that it might come a even better version of this – soon.

jbg4208
                    Participant
                      @jbg4208

New version coming soon. All playfield elements have been matched with one of it’s sister tables and are in the correct positions. Plastic images have been updated just a bit and playfield has been modified to match the correct position of the playfield elements. The playfield image is still not great but it works. Still by no means is this table easy to play – It’s a BIT**… :)

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

Thanks for the update ! :rose:

jbg4208
                        Participant
                          @jbg4208

Update posted. It’s still a BIT$%…

yrplace18
                          Participant
                            @yrplace18

Still no sound other than the table sounds. Tried loading the ROM supplied vat dropbox as well, but there was no change…..

MisterB
                            Participant
                              @wz66h1

Be sure to hit F1 when the table is up and enable use sounds and use samples.  I had to do that with the drop box update.

Mike DA Spike
                              Participant
                                @mikedaspike

Someone has the manual and can only send me the dipswich part, so I can add coin chute controls in the dipswitch menu ?

Thank you

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

@mikedaspike

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  Mike DA Spike
                                  Participant
                                    @mikedaspike

For the people who wants to have coin chutes in the F6 menu :

El Dorado City of Gold

Here’s the modified script (just copy from zip file and overwrite the function in the script of the table)
                                    OR .. The authors can add it to the next release (if there will be a next release

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                    wrd1972
                                    Participant
                                      @wrd1972
                                      MembervipContributor

Thankss JBG,

Really glad to see this one get some love. I think I remember playing years ago and I have always liked this PF layout.

One thing I have always noticed is that the the scaling of the original PF image does not appear to be the correct length/width. You can tell this by looking at the inserts. I will bet someone could photoshop the current PF image and overlay it on El Dorado or Target Alpha (assuming they are to scale), align it with the  inserts and other physical locators and provide you a true to scale image to work with.  This will likely make the gameplay more accurate as well.

Thanks again for giving it some attention. :)

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

jbg4208
                                      Participant
                                        @jbg4208

Thankss JBG,

Really glad to see this one get some love. I think I remember playing years ago and I have always liked this PF layout.

One thing I have always noticed is that the the scaling of the original PF image does not appear to be the correct length/width. You can tell this by looking at the inserts. I will bet someone could photoshop the current PF image and overlay it on El Dorado or Target Alpha (assuming they are to scale), align it with the inserts and other physical locators and provide you a true to scale image to work with. This will likely make the gameplay more accurate as well.

Thanks again for giving it some attention. :)

Yep, That is what I did. Took borgs target alpha and move all VPX elements to match. Copied some of them straight across. Also overlaid the play field images and pieced COG together the best I could so it would match up with the VPX elements that were copied from target alpha. So the VPX elements should be in the right place. I trust Dan’s placements. He is not one to skimp :)

Viewing 18 posts - 61 through 78 (of 78 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?