Elvira and the Party Monsters (Bally 1989)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    Dark
      @dark
      vipMemberContributor

Great job on this one!

I think someone forgot about the ramp decals though?

3dcreation

wrd1972
      Participant
        @wrd1972
        MembervipContributor

For the coffin targets. Take a look at how they did on “The Pinball Arcade”. It appears that their is a part  that flips open. Hard to describe, put its clear on TPA.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

N3roflint
        Participant
          @n3roflint

Great job on this one! I think someone forgot about the ramp decals though?

“Monster Slide decals;  if anyone has a source please let me know.  the only ones I have are from the VP9 version and the quality of the images are not worth my time.”

He didn’t forget he’s just looking for better images.

Clark Kent
          Participant
            @clarkkent
            MemberContributor

I found two problems: the hithight of all rubbers should be exactly the half of the ball size, in this case 25. At the moment some rubbers are at 25, some at 30 and some at 35 – why? That does not work correctly, the ball behaves weird when moving on the rubbers with the incorrect hitheight.

The plunger is too long (I would recommend 150 instead of 180) and the mechanical strenght is way too strong, 50 or 55 should be enough.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Clark Kent
            Participant
              @clarkkent
              MemberContributor

As I noticed several problems while playing I checked the table  more thoroughly.

So I corrected some guide walls (never saw this made with ramps by the way), which prevented the ball from moving how it should in some areas. Also corrected all rubbers. And I corrected the ramps – a lot of inaccuracies there like gaps or not exactly connected parts. Adjusted the strength of the bumpers and the angle of the flippers just a little bit. Made the side rails for the fs version invisible (if you need them just make them visible again). Added a balldrop sound for the ramp exits. May I did some more, can not remember at the moment.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gz4eucm88i0cou/Elvira%20and%20the%20Party%20Monsters%20%28Bally%201989%29.rar?dl=0

Clark Kent
              Participant
                @clarkkent
                MemberContributor

One last correction: revised the slingshot rubbers and some other rubbers on posts. And added some missing posts. Corrected some other small things to ensure original gameplay.

Same link as above.

One thing remaining in the construction: the primitive wire ramp in the right looks a little bit twised in the middle. And the plastic ramp (monster slide) looks a little bit blocky, especially in the curves. Would be nice to correct these things.

And maybe we find the monster slide decal, otherwise I would use the old one. Better than without a decal…

doogie
                Participant
                  @doogie2301

That’s great Clark, but I don’t think you were working off the latest (1.1) version which had some fixes in it.

Drybonz
                  Participant
                    @drybonz

Hm… I also didn’t realize there was a 1.1.  Thanks for pointing that out.

Clark Kent
                    Participant
                      @clarkkent
                      MemberContributor

Changes from 1.1 integrated. Moreover I noticed some small problem which I corrected – I think this should play perfect now.

I’m only trying to get the ramp decals then this table should be finished, I think.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gz4eucm88i0cou/Elvira%20and%20the%20Party%20Monsters%20%28Bally%201989%29.rar?dl=0

32assassin if you want, you can make this the new official version. Not necessary to mention me.

32assassin
                      Participant
                        @32assassin

Made the side rails for the fs version invisible (if you need them just make them visible again) 

all my tables automatically hide the desktop components for easy DT to FS switching,  their is no need for you to manually hide anything

If DesktopMode = True Then ‘Show Desktop components

Ramp16.visible=1

Ramp15.visible=1

Primitive13.visible=1

Else

Ramp16.visible=0

Ramp15.visible=0

Primitive13.visible=0

End if

if you are using FS all you need to do is go to

Video Preferences –> Video Options –>  Make sure  “Use always FS ”  is checked on.

the side rails and primitive cab will be hidden.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                        https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

BorgDog
                        Participant
                          @borgdog
                          MemberContributorvip

Pretty nice, thanks!.

I would suggest changing the plunger pull speed to 0.25 instead of 1 so those of us playing desktop or without analog plunger have a little more control over the plunge.

Drybonz
                          Participant
                            @drybonz

Pretty nice, thanks!. I would suggest changing the plunger pull speed to 0.25 instead of 1 so those of us playing desktop or without analog plunger have a little more control over the plunge.

*edit*  I moved my plunger questions here so I wouldn’t screw up 32assassin’s thread:

http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/non-analog-plunger-settings/

RustyCardores
                              @rustycardores
                              MemberModerator

Im having some trouble with the kicker up top. Sometimes it kicks and the ball just rolls down the table, other times it works fine, but some other times it kicks and the ball seems to vanish and then re-appear above the lanes.

HauntFreaks
                                @hauntfreaks
                                vipContributorMember

Changes from 1.1 integrated. Moreover I noticed some small problem which I corrected – I think this should play perfect now. I’m only trying to get the ramp decals then this table should be finished, I think. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gz4eucm88i0cou/Elvira%20and%20the%20Party%20Monsters%20%28Bally%201989%29.rar?dl=0 32assassin if you want, you can make this the new official version. Not necessary to mention me.

Clark here is your modded table…. with my light mods…. since were posting mods…

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lenmrawwxuxqfsw/Elvira%20and%20the%20Party%20Monsters%20%28Bally%201989%29%20lightmod.rar?dl=0

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

1.2 update incase people miss it. really is a good table. thanks!

********************************************************
                                  Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                  for IOS and Android

********************************************************

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  Ben Logan2
                                  Participant
                                    @benlogan2

Thanks so much for the table, 32a. The lighting under the plastics, especially under Elvira sitting atop the tomb on the lower left, is really beautiful.

TNT2
                                    Participant
                                      @tnt2

Thanks for the update!

Ben Logan2
                                      Participant
                                        @benlogan2

The update is great. Thank you, Hauntfreaks! Clark, your version plays nicely, too. I had lots of fun with both this evening. The lighting on this table is awesome! I love that it seems to come from real bulbs, spreading outward from there. Very artistic.

This is one of the few VPX tables that’s giving me stutter with my 750ti. I experimented with tons of different video settings over the course of four hours with no luck. The Monster Slide ramp especially. Ball gets real choppy as it twists and turns down that ramp. Maybe because this is coinciding with lots of lights firing at once (?) Gameplay is butter smooth when ball is on playfield.

In the last version, the ball was getting caught on rubbers and sort of spinning on top of them (with posts) at times. That’s not happening with this build.

Gameplay seems smoother on this table in windowed fullscreen vs. forced real fullscreen.

It’s totally fun to play as is, even with a bit of stutter. This is a killer table! Thanks you guys.

:)

RustyCardores
                                          @rustycardores
                                          MemberModerator

1.2 update incase people miss it. really is a good table. thanks!

Thanks, I had missed that.

Clark Kent
                                          Participant
                                            @clarkkent
                                            MemberContributor

Thanx for using my fixes for your latest release! :) You only forgot to import the red peg texture for the posts I added).

The side rails hiding in FS mode does not work here. I’m using the option in the video options but it still does not work. But that’s no big problem – I’ve just hidden them again… ;)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 141 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?