Error loading message.. from nowhere.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Malinas
    Participant
      @malinas

Hello! From yesterday this message pops up, on EVERY single table.  (Upon launching)

Before this, i have not change any script or installed anything. It just started to appear.

ERROR

But after 5 seconds it disappears and the table starts as usual.

I tried different startup scripts but i can´t get rid of this message.

Is there anyone that got this problem to and know how to get rid of it?  Would be so happy to get rid of it ;) 

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Are you loading table by double clicking table file? Or through vp editor? Or frontend?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Malinas
        Participant
          @malinas

When i loading table from VPX, it loads without the error.

This is only when i start tables from Pinup Popper.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Must be script issue when launching. I think someone posted something about this in another thread on site?

for IOS and Android

NailBuster
              @nailbuster
              ModeratorMember

that error is VPX can’t load file.  only guess is that you already have vpx running with that file loaded from before.  So perhaps the problem isn’t loading, but that its not closing old.

Reboot… does the first game run ok? and then the 2nd time it errors?

Malinas
              Participant
                @malinas

Randr, i use the default launch script as i always had and it has worked for me until now so i don´t know ;/ I have tried to find this thread you talking about but can´t find it, if you know where it is i would appreciate a link ;) if you know where it is.

David, i understand, but when i load tables in Visual Pinball X they load as usual. So they load. I have rebooted, and same error on first try when i load a table from Pinup Popper, VP9 and FX3 load tables without the error though, so something is wrong with VPX i guess. I think i will have to re-install some things here ;) thanks for trying to help me as always you guys are very kind to me ;)

NailBuster
                  @nailbuster
                  ModeratorMember

try running a vpx,  once you get the error close out popper and grab curlaunch.bat file in your launch subfolder in pinupsystem.

post contents here…maybe you’re just missing something.

Malinas
                  Participant
                    @malinas

Started pinup popper

started Doctor Who

got the error message

i have not fiddled with this .bat files yet but here is the one you asked for. thanks for checking this for me

SET FSMODE=
                    IF “0”==”1″ (SET FSMODE=-DisableTrueFullscreen )
                    IF “”==”NOFS” (SET FSMODE=-DisableTrueFullscreen )

START /min “” vpinballx.exe “C:\Pinball\Visual Pinball” %FSMODE% -minimized -play “C:\Pinball\Visual Pinball\Tables\DOCTOR_WHO.vpx”

rem START “” “C:\PinUPSystem\Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 10 10 60

rem Launch script:

if “”==”origsound” (
                    REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\dw_l2” /v sound_mode /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
                    REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\dw_l2” /v resampling_quality /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
                    )

rem Close script:
                    REM Reset sound mode
                    IF “”==”origsound” (
                    REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\dw_l2” /v resampling_quality /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
                    IF “”==”pinsound” (
                    REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\dw_l2” /v sound_mode /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
                    )
                    IF “”==”altsound” (
                    REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\dw_l2” /v sound_mode /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
                    )
                    )

START “” “C:\PinUPSystem\Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 30 10 60 “Visual Pinball Player” 5

cd /d “C:\Pinball\Visual Pinball”
                    if “0”==”1″ (
                    START /min “” vpinballx.exe “C:\Pinball\Visual Pinball” -DisableTrueFullscreen -minimized -play “C:\Pinball\Visual Pinball\Tables\DOCTOR_WHO.vpx”
                    ) else (
                    START /min “” vpinballx.exe “C:\Pinball\Visual Pinball” -minimized -play “C:\Pinball\Visual Pinball\Tables\DOCTOR_WHO.vpx”
                    )

Malinas
                    Participant
                      @malinas

And also btw. The “loading animations” is not transparent no more, so i don´t know what happened here with my reinstall.
                      i have “32 bit” in color depth (Resolution) + Dynamic Range Full 0-255 (Video Color Settings) from Nvidia Control Panel.

+

In global settings (Pinup Popper) i have Hue 140, Sat 120, Lum 2, and Red 1, Green 2 and Blue 3.

And i checked the bracket for “Transparent” for Wheel ARC and Loading, and they are on the excact CustomPos. The WHEEL ARC is transparent, but no “loading movies” no more….

i have messed something up here….. ;/ sorry to bother you with this.

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

did you re follow terrys instructions to the letter? he does such a great job it really should just work if you do…

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

NailBuster
                          @nailbuster
                          ModeratorMember

your vpx launch script is the most ‘broken’ launch script i’ve ever seen :)   You are running vpx twice.

lets try this again, just want to make sure you are showing the correct stuffs.  If you go  to emulator setup and go to vpx.  go to the launch tab and copye what your launch script box has and paste here.  do not post your close script for now.  Just your launch script.  (maybe you accidentally copy/pasted stuff into your launch script box is all i can imagine).

Malinas
                          Participant
                            @malinas

randr, Yes i did the same from Terrys´ tutorial this install as well. But still no transparency. Last time i did the excact same thing, loading animation where transparent. I guess this is a Nvidia issue. I tried to re-install to default + added the stuff that Terry showed in the tutorial. But nope didn´t work either.

David, haha ok, proud to be the worst! ;)  But i have added stuff for alt run Pinsound + the Disable fullscreen thingy that you gave me on Discord ;)  So i guess something is messed up here…

i guess i can remove something but i dont know why,.
                            this is the Launch Setup script:

SET FSMODE=
                            IF “[RECMODE]”==”1” (SET FSMODE=-DisableTrueFullscreen )
                            IF “[CUSTOM3]”==”NOFS” (SET FSMODE=-DisableTrueFullscreen )
                            START /min “” vpinballx.exe “[DIREMU]” %FSMODE% -minimized -play “[GAMEFULLNAME]”
                            START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 10 10 60

rem Launch script:

if “[ALTMODE]”==”origsound” (
                            REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\[?ROM?]” /v sound_mode /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
                            REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\[?ROM?]” /v resampling_quality /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
                            )

rem Close script:
                            rem Reset sound mode
                            IF “[ALTMODE]”==”origsound” (REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\[?ROM?]” /v resampling_quality /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
                            IF “[CUSTOM1]”==”pinsound” (REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\[?ROM?]” /v sound_mode /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
                            )
                            IF “[CUSTOM1]”==”altsound”
                            REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\[?ROM?]” /v sound_mode /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
                            )

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 30 10 60 “Visual Pinball Player” 5

cd /d “[DIREMU]”
                            if “[RECMODE]”==”1” (
                            START /min “” vpinballx.exe “[DIREMU]” -DisableTrueFullscreen -minimized -play “[GAMEFULLNAME]”
                            ) else (
                            START /min “” vpinballx.exe “[DIREMU]” -minimized -play “[GAMEFULLNAME]”
                            )

NailBuster
                              @nailbuster
                              ModeratorMember

there’s just so much wrong in your launch script i don’t know what to suggest.

you’re running vpx in two different places.  you have stuff that actually says to use in “close script” but you have it in your launch script.

just use the default popper script for now:  and leave the advanced stuff for later…

change your vpx launch script to only this:

START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe" 30 10 60 “Visual Pinball Player” 2
                              cd /d "[DIREMU]"
                              if "[RECMODE]"=="1" (
                              START /min "" vpinballx.exe "[DIREMU]" -DisableTrueFullscreen -minimized -play "[GAMEFULLNAME]"
                              ) else (
                              START /min "" vpinballx.exe "[DIREMU]" -minimized -play "[GAMEFULLNAME]"
                              )

and change your vpx close script to:

"[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE" WINTIT "Visual Pinball" 10 1 

that should get you running…

Malinas
                              Participant
                                @malinas

Thanks! Now it works again!
                                I dont have the option to choose pinsound now, but i can live with that.

But, now Pinup Popper don´t show “dmd attract” .mp4 no more. ;/
                                just the Pindmd logo is showing

i have right settings, Real dmd TRUE, and DOF TRUE and all that ;)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?