Escape from the Lost World (Bally 1987)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Sir Cheddar
    Participant
      @sircheddar

Thank you so much for this build. I love this machine, I still remember the day I got my mine and discovered a playfield in decent condition under all that dirt and that there was nothing broken that wasn’t easily replaceable.

The translite is not-so-good, but this pin is a real beauty if you see it fully illuminated in a dark room.

I also remember the day I lost it. A friend came over, after playing a few games she declared that she really likes  my Escape.
      And I, feeling funny at that moment, told her no problem, you can have it for the price I paid for it.
      I knew her apartment wasn’t big enough.

Guys, seriously. Never joke about such things.
      I didn’t know she was about to move.

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

we are working on that ball stuck behind the bumper issue.  Something was supposed to be collidable.  Matt is rendering some other things and then V1.1 will be out.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        jgnzl1
        Participant
          @jgnzl1

Quick question- the ball doesn’t launch when I use the plunger button (and the plunger doesn’t move), but I do hear the sound effect. I haven’t had this happen on any other tables…is there something I’m missing? Thanks for all of the hard work- it looks awesome!

Mlager8
          Participant
            @mlager8

Quick question- the ball doesn’t launch when I use the plunger button (and the plunger doesn’t move), but I do hear the sound effect. I haven’t had this happen on any other tables…is there something I’m missing? Thanks for all of the hard work- it looks awesome!

Ooh haven’t ran into that issue. None of the testers reported that problem and I have a launch button and plunger on my cab which are both working. Did you change any table options and maybe add something accidentally?
            Is your launch key bound to a different button that usual?

Try a fresh install of the table and if you’re still having trouble PM me.

naeromagus
            Participant
              @naeromagus

Wow you guys are incredible. To see all that went it to making this release a Primo example of what can be done with some time. And Much talents. Thank You!

JR
              Participant
                @jfr1

That seems like a rom issue no?  Make sure you have the right one.

This table is ‘wildly’ fun!  The lay-out is so bizarre I have no idea if things are happening the way they do irl.  But don’t care – enjoying learning THIS tables quirks.

Would like to say, as a non-contributor – –  following a build like this shows the passion, commitment and amazing corroborations that go on with those that for some reason, beyond my understanding, choose to share their hard work.  While I wasn’t able to help out in any way I felt a part of this build by the story that unfolded here.

That’s what makes this place different.  Thanks again guys!

Mlager8
                Participant
                  @mlager8

@jfr1 You’ve been following and encouraging our build since the very begging, it definitely makes it easier to forge ahead when you have people rooting for you B-)

Also you’re right, it’s a really quirky table layout, but @scottt assures me, this is how it actually plays! He even adjusted the ramps by slight degrees so the ball would hit a peg a certain way just like in the real game… talk about commitment

Anyway glad you’re enjoying it

JR
                  Sliderpoint
                  Participant
                    @sliderpoint
                    MemberContributor

Great table! I can tell it was a lot of work.

I have noticed a small issue.  Your flasher caps are not ‘flashing’ the correct colors.  For me they would flash a green color,  for most I would guess they flash a pinkish color.  I have found the problem to be with your Flupper Flash script.  Line 735: LitObject.material = “domelit” & Round(9 * FlashLevel(nr)).

You do not have enough materials to support the possible outcomes of that line, you only have the material domelit9.  So the primitive flasher caps are having their material removed mid flash because a material with the correct number does not exist to change to, they revert to the Editor default material color.

I recommend just changing the line to LitObject.material = “domelit9” (probably do not even need the line at all) or adding all the other domelit# materials.

keep up the nice work!
                    -Mike

2 users thanked author for this post.
                    Mlager8
                    Participant
                      @mlager8

Great table! I can tell it was a lot of work.

I have noticed a small issue. Your flasher caps are not ‘flashing’ the correct colors. For me they would flash a green color, for most I would guess they flash a pinkish color. I have found the problem to be with your Flupper Flash script. Line 735: LitObject.material = “domelit” & Round(9 * FlashLevel(nr)).

You do not have enough materials to support the possible outcomes of that line, you only have the material domelit9. So the primitive flasher caps are having their material removed mid flash because a material with the correct number does not exist to change to, they revert to the Editor default material color.

I recommend just changing the line to LitObject.material = “domelit9” (probably do not even need the line at all) or adding all the other domelit# materials.

keep up the nice work!

-Mike

Hey thanks for catching that, would of never known! Could you point me to a table that has all the proper materials I can copy from? I want to see what it should look like. If it’s unnecessary I’ll make the correction as you suggest.

Sliderpoint
                      Participant
                        @sliderpoint
                        MemberContributor

Hey thanks for catching that, would of never known! Could you point me to a table that has all the proper materials I can copy from? I want to see what it should look like. If it’s unnecessary I’ll make the correction as you suggest.

I don’t personally know a table. But I bet this would be the best place to start/ask: https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/flasher-domes/#post-68268

RYSr (Rich)
                        Participant
                          @rysr

Just played the table in VR last night, really enjoyed it, getting the ball to the escape gate when open is really challenging!!

For those that haven’t bought aVR headset yet to try it, it’s really worth the added expense and hardware upgrades. You won’t regret upgrading after you try it awhile. the third dimension really makes a difference especially on tables designed like this one.

roccodimarco
                          Participant
                            @roccodimarco

Great table! I SWEAR I saw a video from TNT but today I cannot find it, so maybe I’m going crazy, but the video I THINK I watched said, the ball has a small chance to drain out of the right side, but the game will quickly give you the ball back and not count it as a drain.  However; the ball drains on this table and counts as a drain.

now I was going to post the video with the explanation but I cannot find it anywhere and I’m starting to think i dreamt it! But I really do remember Todd saying “isn’t that clever” when it came back into play.

who knows maybe I have lost it. Regardless awesome work to everyone involved!

Mlager8
                            Participant
                              @mlager8

@roccodimarco There definitely is a tnt video or two, I looked at them extensively in the beggining to understand the table layout and lighting. Don’t exactly recall what youre mentioning, but it’s been a while. If you find it please send over and I’ll ask @scottt to see if his table performs like you describe.

Tom
                              Participant
                                @armyaviation
                                MemberContributor

no mention of it

I think next release I wanna play with the lights under the lava pit.  I think we can get them looking better.  If anyone wants to play with it, send us the settings and we’ll try it out.  There are 6 lights and all are the same.  Video shows them fairly well

STAT
                                Participant
                                  @stefanaustria
                                  MemberContributor

:good: … this Table is so crazy good, that i will dreaming Tonight from the ugly-good Sound :-)

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus
                                    ContributorMemberModerator

Thanks for the continued improvements to this table. Very enjoyable !

kds70
                                    Participant
                                      @kds70

Thanks for this very nice table release and update; plays and looks very well :yahoo:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

STAT
                                      Participant
                                        @stefanaustria
                                        MemberContributor

IMG_20200528_142033 lost

Mark70
                                        Participant
                                          @mark70

Thanks a lot to everyone involved for this fantastic release!
                                          It’s really an unique table. And very rare to find in the wild.
                                          Thanks again for the hard work.

STAT
                                          Participant
                                            @stefanaustria
                                            MemberContributor

Sorry to say that, played 1.1. and sometimes, when i shoot the Ball here,
                                            it is away … also can’t find with F11, nothing with Nudging …

ES_2

Edit: could this be an Issue, and is for a Ball hanging ?

ES_2a

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 153 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?