*** Escape from the Lost World DONE***

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

escape

Flashers are in, plastics mostly done, both VUKs are working, the table is about 98% playable at this point.  Still have a lot of tweaking and play testing.  I need to do the gi lighting, the white flashers by the targets, Matt is finishing the one ramp.  The back wall needs done.  There are a bunch of flashers and stuff on the back wall.  I have got a shit ton of work accomplished this week thanks to the help of @32assassin with the script and @Mlager8 with making primitives.  I am hoping to get the lights more complete and finish up the playability issues by Friday.

Monday I leave for Vegas for almost two months.  I start my new job flying for Allegiant Airlines.  I will be busy as shit trying to pass that course, pray for me!.  I also have a ton of military stuff going on in the next couple months.  I just took command of a unit and I have a bunch of shit to catch up on.

I will have my computer with me and will get some stuff done but I am hoping to get the table in a good place where Matt can finish up all of the rendering.  I may try and see if there is anyone who would like to take this into Blender and do all of the GIs and shadows and make this table really pop.  I think this one will be up there with Hardbody and Party Animal if not better, really proud of it so far.  If only I knew someone who was an amazing table author, maybe someone who is really Bord and needs a project.  I hate to see people Bord.  Oh well I will keep looking. :bye:

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

full size pics here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/38xopimh0tf5153/AAAuDs8WJguKE8R0LzlfLr3Ha?dl=0

2 users thanked author for this post.
        sheltemke
        Participant
          @sheltemke

Already look breathtaking without render. The theme is such amazing.

Don’t know why but WIP progresses cause same pleasure for me(or almost same) than playing tables. Maybe something wrong in me but thx for progress pictures TOM!

Tom
          Participant
            @armyaviation
            MemberContributor

I like to go back and look at the first couple posts in the wip and see how far the table came.  its hard to believe but it just starts falling into place at some point

BrandonLaw
            Participant
              @brandonlaw

@armyaviation Man, this is looking JUICY!  Great progress!

"Fuck this game. I love it."

Sir Cheddar
              Participant
                @sircheddar

Sorry, this took way longer than I hoped it would. Also, it is a lot less than I hoped for, after cleaning it up I’m left at just under 1GB in images.
                Looks like almost all of that 2TB was related to other stuff my pal wanted to copy me. Not that I’m complaining, my MAME cab will emulate a few more systems in the near future…

Anyway, about the files. We tried to get pictures of the 3d-plastics from different angles, some lit, some unlit. Hope they are at least somewhat useful.
                I put the files on sendspace again, if it is too much hassle I can upload them somewhere else. Suggestions welcome.

https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/UsGvApZquHhuP1cFcwu%2FURz0ejrbDkHp

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Tom
                bord
                  @bord
                  MembervipContributorModerator

If only I knew someone who was an amazing table author, maybe someone who is really Bord and needs a project. I hate to see people Bord. Oh well I will keep looking.

Lol. Ping me when everything is locked down and we can talk lighting options. Don’t knock yourself out setting up GI in VP.

Tom
                  Tom
                  Participant
                    @armyaviation
                    MemberContributor

:yahoo: yeah

JR
                    Participant
                      @jfr1

That’s some funny stuff right there.  Looking good Tom!  Really thought you’d disappear for a while after bringing H-Body home.  When you heading to Vegas?  Would love to hear about the new PBall HoF location.

Tom
                      Participant
                        @armyaviation
                        MemberContributor

Next week.

I took some time off over the holidays.  My in-laws bought a condo in Panama City beach and I gutted 3 bathrooms and put down flooring for them.  I was kinda burnt out.  Stellar airship was my stay busy project and now I am feeling pretty good about this one.  Just had to get over the hump of getting it working but @32assassin was a trooper with the scripting

Mlager8
                        Participant
                          @mlager8

Hey @sircheddar having a little trouble downloading from sendspace, could you possibly post on mega.nz or goggle drive, even wetransfer?

Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            ContributorMemberModerator

Since Matt mentioned problems. I tried to just for “fun”, and yeah – got issues to. Got nothing.

Sir Cheddar
                            Participant
                              @sircheddar

Hey @sircheddar having a little trouble downloading from sendspace, could you possibly post on mega.nz or goggle drive, even wetransfer?

Mega it is, I was considering to create an account anyway.
                              https://mega.nz/#F!EQwGUCwI!TYph6CAqcq08Czgx9nhbjg
                              I also reuploaded my plastic scans on it.

Mlager8
                              Participant
                                @mlager8

Oh man awesome pics… now I’m ready to commit murder/suicide. Just when I though I was done there a whole bunch of things I can redo now

Sir Cheddar
                                Participant
                                  @sircheddar

Uh, sorry about that. I did plan to send ’em sooner, but, well, looks my time management has room for improvement…

Scotty VH
                                    @scottt
                                    ModeratorMember

I’ve been providing extremely specific feedback comparing the “feel” and play compared to the physical machine.  This is going to be one for the record books!  Still lots to do for developers, and probably much more nit-picking from me, but the final product is going to be incredible.

Tom
                                    Participant
                                      @armyaviation
                                      MemberContributor

Table is 100% playable now.  Thanks to @32Assassin for all his help with the scripting issues.  All lights are identified and working.  I spent a good part of tonight,….its 335 am…., getting the lava pit lights worked out and looking better, the back wall flashers on, playability issues with Scotty VH, and a bunch of other shit I cant think of because I am so tired.  @Mlager8, the reins are yours bro, do your thing and when you your ready for the GI, @Bord graciously volunteered to help out with that.  Table is getting close but this last portion of play testing and the final renders are whats gonna make the table.

4 users thanked author for this post.
                                      sheltemke
                                      Participant
                                        @sheltemke

Thank you so much for your hard work Tom! Appreciated!

Tom
                                        Mlager8
                                        Participant
                                          @mlager8

@sircheddar Do you happen to have a better top down pic of this plastic? It’s the only one missing from your plastic scans

Thanks for taking these!

plastic

Sir Cheddar
                                          Participant
                                            @sircheddar

@sircheddar Do you happen to have a better top down pic of this plastic? It’s the only one missing from your plastic scans

Thanks for taking these

Thank you guys for making something out of them!
                                            And no, I’ve checked, I even found some of those scans with different names in the recycle folder on my NAS. I can’t believe I missed that one.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 100 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?