Evil Dead 2 VPX Pup Pack

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    dgrace
    Participant
      @dgrace

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/evil-dead-2-vpx-pup-pack/

Who’s ready for some Ash? I’ll Swallow Your Soul!!

Here’s a brief video with my latest updates. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16A7NbjShp0&feature=youtu.be

This PuPPack requires Pinup Popper and Pinup Player installed and updated to 1.4 or higher.

System: Visual Pinball X (version 10.5+)

This is my first Pup Pack and what better way to begin than with a classic like Evil Dead 2.

A big thanks to ivantba for creating this table. It’s a very nice substitute for those who don’t have the patience to get the Evil Dead P-ROC table up and running:). A big thanks to Joey Beaulieu for helping with all the pupoverlay artwork. Guy does amazing work. A big thanks to Peter Guertin for helping with the topper video and creating the pupdmd option. Also thanks to others who tested and provided feedback.

I also need to give a big shout out to zimbakin for helping with the latest dmd text videos with the flaming texts. Pretty badass! I must admit. Really makes the table that much more entertaining. Here’s a link of some of his other work. https://vpinball.com/uploader/zimbakin/

Features:

-Different options to fit your setup(default setup is for 3 Screen user with LCD DMD … 2 screen pupoverlay image also included)

-PupDMD option included. By default it is turned off. You must turn on in PupPackeditor. To enable Real DMD you must edit line 15 in VPX script to 1. To be honest it doesn’t look great on a real dmd (I need to play around some more with the real dmd settings). Look pretty awesome on an LCD screen though or if you’re using the 2screen backglass pupoverlay with 2screen pupoverlay image.

– Topper turned on by default. To disable simply turn off in PupPackeditor.

– Make sure to use the edited VPX table in the zip file and add included music to VPX music folder. If you use the original one from ivantba’s website, it will not have certain features (i.e. PupDMD) and triggers enabled.

– See also included Popper media files.

This is my first PupPack ever so please go easy on me:) I welcome all constructive criticism, as i’m sure there will be future improvements/updates.

REQUIREMENTS: IMPORTANT!

Visual Pinball X 10.5 All in One or higher installed (this is to include newest B2S Server):

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/vpx-exes/

PinMAME 3.2 beta or higher installed:

PINUP SYSTEM (1.4 or higher):

PinUP System 1.4 FULLY installed and PinUP Player setup. (The Pinup Popper front-end is not required for PuP-Packs, for those who use another front-end)

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=upgrade_v14&fbclid=IwAR1akUUjVX7FFPwftfM5GfKvBwf3oxFxJskg5FGS3nrPBk2uIDQtsIaexPY

DMDEXT:

DMDExt 1.71 (32 bit/x86 files only!) or higher installed in your VPinMAME folder and configured to enable PUPCapture!

This PuP-Pack relies on monitoring the freezy dmdext DMD for specific images to trigger videos and music (PuPCapture). This needs both the freezy 1.71+ “dmddevice.dll” file, and the Pinup Player “dmddevicePUP.dll” file in your VPinMAME folder.

Ensure PuPCapture is enabled in the dmddevice.ini file (in your VPinMAME folder):

[pinup]

enabled=true

Note: If you are using a real DMD, then ensure that the freezy virtual DMD is disabled in the dmddevice.ini file:

; a DMD that renders with nice dots on a computer monitor

[virtualdmd]

enabled = false

PINMAME:

In the PinMAME settings for ironmaid (press F1 during gameplay):

– you must have “Use External DMD (DLL)” enabled. This will enable the freezy dmdext dmddevice.dll to be used, which is needed for PuPCapture.

Your DMD must be in English for all PuPCapture video triggers to work correctly!

PinUPPlayerB2SDriver and B2S SERVER SETTINGS:

Be sure that your PuPB2s Driver and B2S server settings are setup and working correctly so you don’t get any errors.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

NO DIRECTB2S BACKGLASS RUNNING:

You MUST NOT have a directb2s running at all, or it will obscure the PuP Backglass!!!

Make sure you have no media displayed on your Backglass and Topper when launching the table from a front-end.

================================================

INSTALLATION:

Ensure there are no files in your “PUPVideos” “ironmaid” folder (if that folder already exists).

Copy the PuP-Pack “ironmaid” folder from the archive into your PUPVideos folder.

PROBLEMS:

If you have video stuttering or artifacts with PuP-Packs with VPX…  you most likely don’t have VSYNC properly setup in VPX. Set “FPS Limiter/VSYNC” to 1, and “Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames” to 1 in VPX Video Options. This can also be set per-table in the Table’s “User Customization” options, so check that as well.

Having certain programs running in the background can also cause issues as they may interfere with VLC or prevent Overlays from displaying. Try closing out other programs / processes to see if that helps resolve any issues.

Some videos may not be triggering,

If you don´t want to use Topper use another PuPconfig file that fits your System.

If the sounds to loud you can go to Puppackeditor screens Section and set the volume for screen 4 in percent (default is 100%)

For other issues with getting a PuP-Pack to work, refer to the wiki:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

dgrace
      Participant
        @dgrace

I already noticed that some of the trigger priorities need to be tweaked a bit. Also the volume on some of the videos is a tad louder than other. Easy fix. Will fix on next update.

dgrace
        Participant
          @dgrace

Some game play:)

2 users thanked author for this post.
          Zedixair
          Participant
            @zedixair

I’ve tried it and I must say it’s a great job !

As I play with 2 screens / no topper / no real DMD, I’ve edited the puppack to match with my setup, but I didn’t manage to make it work : the 2 Screen backglass pupoverlay doesn’t appear on my BG screen, so I only have videos and virtual DMD on it.

What should I do to make it work ? Probably missed something, but don’t know what… :unsure:

Pinballfan2018
            Participant
              @pinballfan2018

Take a picture of your pup screens assignments in the PupPack editor for us

Currently working TNA PUPDMD

Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

Looks really nice, cant wait to try it out.  so whats the deal with the original evil dead proc, is it available?

newtopinball78
                Participant
                  @newtopinball78

Hello for some reason the pup overlay is too small and center of screen instead of bordering around the videos. I am just using default setup and all I did is switch dmd to force on for the pupdmd in pupackeditor. Any suggestions?

Zedixair
                  Participant
                    @zedixair

Take a picture of your pup screens assignments in the PupPack editor for us

Here are the pics. I’ve changed the 3 screen BG pupoverlay for the 2 screen version, but as said before, it doesn’t appear on my BG (only videos and virtual DMD can be seen).

Capture

Capture2

What else should I modify ?

dgrace
                    Participant
                      @dgrace

I’ve tried it and I must say it’s a great job !

As I play with 2 screens / no topper / no real DMD, I’ve edited the puppack to match with my setup, but I didn’t manage to make it work : the 2 Screen backglass pupoverlay doesn’t appear on my BG screen, so I only have videos and virtual DMD on it.

What should I do to make it work ? Probably missed something, but don’t know what… :unsure:

Are other pup packs working? Are you using latest 1.4.4 version? My backglass is a 32 inch TV. You may need to adjust your custom position. Can you send pics of your pup Pack editor settings?

dgrace
                      Participant
                        @dgrace

Hello for some reason the pup overlay is too small and center of screen instead of bordering around the videos. I am just using default setup and all I did is switch dmd to force on for the pupdmd in pupackeditor. Any suggestions?

My settings are based on a using a 32″ TV as my backglass. What’s the size of your backglass TV? You might need to play around with the customPos settings if your backglass TV is a different size? I’m just spitballing here. Are you using the latest 1.4.4 version? If not, that might be an issue. Are your other pups working just fine?

Zedixair
                        Participant
                          @zedixair

@dgrace : my BG screen is also a 32” (1920*1080), and I have more than 20 others pupacks which runs without any issue on my setup. I’ve tried differents settings in editor (forcePop, forceOn, etc) but it seems I just can’t get this one to work…

Pinballfan2018
                          Participant
                            @pinballfan2018

I just tried the 2 screen setup. Works on mine. Do you have the latest update?

Pinballfan2018
                            Participant
                              @pinballfan2018

Since it’s a full screen 1 page overlay you can delete the custom position. Your already using screen 7 and the position should be the full screen.

newtopinball78
                              Participant
                                @newtopinball78

Hello so I don’t have issues with any other pup pack this is the first that did that. So I deleted the custom position and then resized backglass layer 2 in config displays to my monitor size. I then played around and it seems to work when I change backglass to show and pup overlay to force on no other combination works with the overlay staying and videos playing within the overlay. I have dmd to force on but the pup dmd keeps going back and forth between the old dmd.

Pinballfan2018
                                Participant
                                  @pinballfan2018

You have to F1 and shut off the old dmd. You don’t use the old dmd with PupDMD.

Oldschool4
                                  Participant
                                    @oldschool4

Works great on my 2 screen with real dmd showing scores, Moved some sounds to the Backglass also. Thanks dgrace :good:

dgrace
                                    Participant
                                      @dgrace

Works great on my 2 screen with real dmd showing scores, Moved some sounds to the Backglass also. Thanks dgrace :good:

Glad you got it working. I was worried it wasnt working for many folks. Hopefully I can help all to get it working. Happy you like it?

coreduo0099
                                      Participant
                                        @coreduo0099

My 4 screen 4k playfield setup settings give me topper, backglass and dmd

ScreenNum,ScreenDes,PlayList,PlayFile,Loopit,Active,Priority,CustomPos
                                        0,”Topper”,”Background – Topper”,”topper.mp4″,,ForceOn,,””
                                        1,”DMD”,”PuPFrames”,”EDbackground.png”,,ForceOn,,””
                                        2,”Backglass”,”Background – Backglass”,”Default.mp4″,,ForceBack,100,”2,16.67,0,70.83,70.83″
                                        3,”PlayField”,””,””,,off,,””
                                        4,”Music”,””,””,,off,,””
                                        5,”Menu”,””,””,,off,,””
                                        6,”Select”,””,””,,off,,””
                                        7,”Other1/BackGlass2″,”PupOverlay”,”3Screeen.png”,1,ForceOn,,”7,0,-100,300,337.5″
                                        8,”Other2/Topper2″,””,””,,off,,””
                                        9,”GameInfo”,””,””,,off,,””
                                        10,”GameHelp”,””,””,,off,,””

razormania
                                        Participant
                                          @razormania

Evil Dead 2 I have dmd, topper and backglass working. Only problem im having is the border around backglass is blank, its their before i play a game after I start it goes blank .

flstclasic
                                          Participant
                                            @flstclasic

Thanks. Great Pack!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?