This topic contains 28 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Thalamus 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
     redrooster 
    Participant

Thanks, but i have already gotten that far.  90% of everything is working great. My issue only pertains to a few tables. America’s Most Haunted, Lord of the Rings, Mortal Kombat, Ripley’s, and the Sopranos. AMH and MK are missing voices and sounds, they just aren’t playing. LOTR music won’t go anywhere but the exciters, and Ripley’s and the Sopranos have no music at all. The reason i’m calling this all the same issue, is because no matter what settings i mess with, I can’t get anything to play out of “Backglass” as things will only play sound if on “table” in sound manager, and it doesn’t matter if i adjust “front” or “back”, the sound will just not come out of the backglass speakers. This was happening on several games, and i was able to adjust things in sound manager to make them all work, with the exception of these specific tables. I’m running the “rob” setup with 2 Lepy 2020’s and and external 7.1 sound card, downloaded APO and have it running. There are so many games that play amazingly well, but these are the last of my SSF headache.

I’m going to take this to the SSF facebook group as well, as you said, it may be a faster response over there.  Thanks for the help.

redrooster 
    Participant

For what it’s worth, LOTR, Sopranos, Ripley’s, etc… were all script issues that are now fixed.

I’ve got everything working really well now actually, sounds amazing, ball rolling, bass in the bumpers, all of it.  However, still having the issues with AMH and MK2.  Both are the same issue.  Non-rom games that no matter what i do, they refuse to play certain sounds on the backglass.

Posting this more as a notification that i have most of it figure out, just in case anyone sees it.

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

Have you tried to. Move it to the backglass if that is where you want it to be and then save, exit and load all over again ? That has been my solution. I probably should have reported it as a bug by now.

redrooster 
    Participant

no i have not.  I try and just move it in the table audio settings and when it doesn’t play i just give up or whatever.  i never thought to save, close, and then go back.

I’ll give that a spin.

lost soul 
    Participant

i have a question, if i go with a 7.1 amplifier like in one of the examples, do i still need a 7.1 pc sound card ?

Thalamus 

Yes. And no. I hope I don’t blabber and tell you something that isn’t correct now. But, my understanding of it would be. You amp will not make 7.1 sound from a source that isn’t giving it the required input. Well, you can in a way sometimes, but, it will be a best guess from the amp. And not really good. But, the again. Modern PCs have digital outputs that do transfer sound with the video in the same cable. I haven’t tried this but if your amp is good enough. It could get the 7.1 from the digital output with the picture that way. It would mean though. That without the amp powered you will not have sound or picture. My amp is several years old and I use it for my TV and 7.1 living room only. It can’t do better than 1080p. Some day I kind of hope it will die on me so my wife accept the new investment B-)

1 user thanked author for this post.
     knightrider 
    Participant

can I copy someone’s shopping list. I’m confused. I’ve installed car speakers before but I don’t know what an exciter is! I’ve seen the 2.1 amp on the virtuapin page.

the 2 2.0 amps get 2 exciters each? and what wiring is used? Hopefully on the facebook page there are installation instructions???

knightrider 
    Participant

i’m confused guys…if i want to buy the 3 lepai amps. all 3 plug into a power strip, and go into the 3.5mm jacks on your mother board?..

Why are some saying they plug into the computer’s power supply?

Also Virtuapin cabs use a 1000w psu..this seems like too much.

i’m only going to add zeb light bar, plunger, 3 monitors…

i think i may go 850? Can i have some help?

Thalamus 

I have three Lepai amps yes. 1 powers the backglass speakers and the sub. The other two each power 1 pair of exciters. Back and front sides or the cab. I don’t use my PSU to power the amps with. They come with regular wall socket contacts. Most of us run something close to what is referenced as the Rob/DjRobX setup. 850w PSU should be ok for a “normal” gaming PC. A 1000w PSU btw – just means that it is guaranteed to be able to deliver that amount of power if needed.

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account