Example SSF Installations

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    redrooster
    Participant
      @redrooster

Thanks, but i have already gotten that far.  90% of everything is working great. My issue only pertains to a few tables. America’s Most Haunted, Lord of the Rings, Mortal Kombat, Ripley’s, and the Sopranos. AMH and MK are missing voices and sounds, they just aren’t playing. LOTR music won’t go anywhere but the exciters, and Ripley’s and the Sopranos have no music at all. The reason i’m calling this all the same issue, is because no matter what settings i mess with, I can’t get anything to play out of “Backglass” as things will only play sound if on “table” in sound manager, and it doesn’t matter if i adjust “front” or “back”, the sound will just not come out of the backglass speakers. This was happening on several games, and i was able to adjust things in sound manager to make them all work, with the exception of these specific tables. I’m running the “rob” setup with 2 Lepy 2020’s and and external 7.1 sound card, downloaded APO and have it running. There are so many games that play amazingly well, but these are the last of my SSF headache.

I’m going to take this to the SSF facebook group as well, as you said, it may be a faster response over there.  Thanks for the help.

redrooster
      Participant
        @redrooster

For what it’s worth, LOTR, Sopranos, Ripley’s, etc… were all script issues that are now fixed.

I’ve got everything working really well now actually, sounds amazing, ball rolling, bass in the bumpers, all of it.  However, still having the issues with AMH and MK2.  Both are the same issue.  Non-rom games that no matter what i do, they refuse to play certain sounds on the backglass.

Posting this more as a notification that i have most of it figure out, just in case anyone sees it.

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Have you tried to. Move it to the backglass if that is where you want it to be and then save, exit and load all over again ? That has been my solution. I probably should have reported it as a bug by now.

redrooster
          Participant
            @redrooster

no i have not.  I try and just move it in the table audio settings and when it doesn’t play i just give up or whatever.  i never thought to save, close, and then go back.

I’ll give that a spin.

lost soul
            Participant
              @lostsoul

i have a question, if i go with a 7.1 amplifier like in one of the examples, do i still need a 7.1 pc sound card ?

Thalamus
                @thalamus

Yes. And no. I hope I don’t blabber and tell you something that isn’t correct now. But, my understanding of it would be. You amp will not make 7.1 sound from a source that isn’t giving it the required input. Well, you can in a way sometimes, but, it will be a best guess from the amp. And not really good. But, the again. Modern PCs have digital outputs that do transfer sound with the video in the same cable. I haven’t tried this but if your amp is good enough. It could get the 7.1 from the digital output with the picture that way. It would mean though. That without the amp powered you will not have sound or picture. My amp is several years old and I use it for my TV and 7.1 living room only. It can’t do better than 1080p. Some day I kind of hope it will die on me so my wife accept the new investment B-)

2 users thanked author for this post.
                knightrider
                Participant
                  @knightrdrx

can I copy someone’s shopping list. I’m confused. I’ve installed car speakers before but I don’t know what an exciter is! I’ve seen the 2.1 amp on the virtuapin page.

the 2 2.0 amps get 2 exciters each? and what wiring is used? Hopefully on the facebook page there are installation instructions???

knightrider
                  Participant
                    @knightrdrx

i’m confused guys…if i want to buy the 3 lepai amps. all 3 plug into a power strip, and go into the 3.5mm jacks on your mother board?..

Why are some saying they plug into the computer’s power supply?

Also Virtuapin cabs use a 1000w psu..this seems like too much.

i’m only going to add zeb light bar, plunger, 3 monitors…

i think i may go 850? Can i have some help?

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

I have three Lepai amps yes. 1 powers the backglass speakers and the sub. The other two each power 1 pair of exciters. Back and front sides or the cab. I don’t use my PSU to power the amps with. They come with regular wall socket contacts. Most of us run something close to what is referenced as the Rob/DjRobX setup. 850w PSU should be ok for a “normal” gaming PC. A 1000w PSU btw – just means that it is guaranteed to be able to deliver that amount of power if needed.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      enzopasciuti
                      Participant
                        @enzopasciuti

Hello I have a big and maybe stupid doubt… I just bought the Dayton daex58fp exciters. Which side have to be in contact with the cabinet? Because I found some pictures in which is the black plastic and others in which is the metal part that is in contact with the wood… Thanks for the answer

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

Flat area goes to the wall. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0wZ0qWH3sY

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          toxicity
                          Participant
                            @toxicity

Hi. What do I wire my under lockdown bar small exciters to? The bass sounds of the table or just in parallel with the front two corner cab exciters?

I have one amp for the back corner pucks and one amp for the front corner pucks and one amp and bass system for the bg sounds.

I was thinking it might be better at the palms to just feel front table sounds through lockdown bar? Please help.

Chris. :good:

hlshure
                            Participant
                              @hlshure

Has anyone tried this AMP?

Kinter K3118 Texas Instruments TI Digital Hi-Fi Audio Mini Class D Home Auto DIY Arcade Stereo Amplifier with 12V 3A Power Supply Black

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0787BRQ2F/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_ZofiFbY2QQY30

Tom
                              Participant
                                @armyaviation
                                MemberContributor

I am adding a second amp for my back exciters.  I already have the front ones and I have a third setup for my bg sounds.  I am running short on plugs in my power strip.  My first lepy amp has an ac adaptor to plug in the power strip. The second one I bought just has the plug that goes in the amp and 2 wires coming out.   Can I just wire these into my dof power supply which is a Corsair 500w.! They require 12v 2amp, can I just hook these to the 12v on the power supply and save some 110v slots???

njk70
                                Participant
                                  @njk70

I had essentially the same question, haven’t heard from anyone with an answer. But in principle I see no reason not to. These are the issues I would be concerned with:

1 – Be sure you have sufficient power. As I understand it the PC PSU has multiple power rails and each has its limits (i.e. you could max out the +12V rail and still be able to pull more from the +5V rail) so the 500w rating is some combination of the power rails. I don’t expect this will be an issue for you.

2 – It might not be a good idea to have motors/solenoids on same power source as an audio amp, I think there is a fair chance you will get noise on your audio outputs. I don’t know this for  fact, but it seems likely.

My plan is to replace my three Lepai power bricks with one dedicated 12V supply.  The inside of my work in progress cabinet has way too many transformers, so was hoping to standardize on some shared power supplies.

Tom
                                  Participant
                                    @armyaviation
                                    MemberContributor

That brings up some really good points.  Maybe some of these smarter guys can chime in.
                                    if I plug in 3 amps, 3 TVs, a computer and my external power supply that’s a lot of plugs!!!

BrandonLaw
                                    Participant
                                      @brandonlaw

I am adding a second amp for my back exciters. I already have the front ones and I have a third setup for my bg sounds. I am running short on plugs in my power strip. My first lepy amp has an ac adaptor to plug in the power strip. The second one I bought just has the plug that goes in the amp and 2 wires coming out. Can I just wire these into my dof power supply which is a Corsair 500w.! They require 12v 2amp, can I just hook these to the 12v on the power supply and save some 110v slots???

Power is Power my dude.  Take your multimeter and measure the Voltage and Amperage to be SURE they are sufficient.  Most multimeters do not do amperage.  If they do, there is an extra (usually red) lead to plug into and it (again, usually) does max 10A so be careful not to try anything larger.  Greater than 10A and you’ll need a clamp-style.

"Fuck this game. I love it."

Sixtoe
                                      Participant
                                        @kiella

In general it’s recommended to run a different PSU for all your extra “stuff”, cheap amps and noisy circuits do not always make a great thing to hook up to a computer which deals in variances of +/- 0.2v etc, certain motherboards/memory and chips.

If you’re using any form of solonoids or high power switches then you definitely want to be looking at their own PSU.

I personally used a second dirt cheap PC psu I found and hooked up everything to that and it worked perfectly (after doing some maths!)

LynnInDenver
                                        Participant
                                          @lynnindenver

I actually went the separate power supply route, but I went with actual individual power supplies for each “rail” I needed (5v for LEDs, 12v for Fans, Relays and LEDs, 24v for Coils), so that I know what the headroom is, and it’s easy to replace/upgrade each rail supply as needed.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                                          Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                                          Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?