Exclusive Full Screen

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

Well i finally switched to exclusive full screen last night.

I have had stutter on Back to the future and Cyclone and after trying EVERYTHING i switch cab to exclusive and presto silky smooth like my wife’s skin used to be 20 years ago!

Now how many users are running exclusive full screen? Poll time!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

TNT2
      Participant
        @tnt2

Well i finally switched to exclusive full screen last night. I have had stutter on Back to the future and Cyclone and after trying EVERYTHING i switch cab to exclusive and presto silky smooth like my wife’s skin used to be 20 years ago! Now how many users are running exclusive full screen? Poll time!

LOL

Jesperpark
        Participant
          @jesperpark

Funny I just installed a 1050TI graphics card last night, and was playing around with all the different graphic settings like this.  For me either way windowed or exclusive i don’t get any excessive lag or stuttering, never have luckily enough.  Nice thing now i can run 4x brute force and get rid of the jaggy lines without losing play-ability.  I do find exclusive full screen i lose the odd back glass, as in it says can’t be found.  Play in windowed full screen and back glass is found every time  :wacko:

Oh the fun quirks :)

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

I have a 1060 and got stutter only on a few tables. You should post your video preferences screen shot I’d like to try them without exclusive

for IOS and Android

arconovum
            Participant
              @nicholaschristopher
              MemberContributor

I have a 1070 with 8Gig and never get stutter, now if I maximized my screen to full screen but not exclusive, it might be a different story, but I don’t know.  I will try that out.

HauntFreaks
                @hauntfreaks
                vipContributorMember

I did this the day it was available… and have NEVER looked back…
                noticeable difference I had was the flippers were much snappier (not less lag but snappier)
                so I don’t see any reason NOT to be running in exclusive full screen

ok…. 3…..2….1….
                let the barrage of questions about people saying they can’t get it to work, begin!!!
                oh and I’m not your guy…

Sliderpoint
                Participant
                  @sliderpoint
                  MemberContributor

I thought the message about not being found was solved by changing the ddraw to 0 in the registry for the roms?

-Mike

HauntFreaks
                    @hauntfreaks
                    vipContributorMember

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

I have no issues with b2s either way. I think it was an issue when option first came out and is why I stopped using it but works fine now so a non issue!

for IOS and Android

arconovum
                      Participant
                        @nicholaschristopher
                        MemberContributor

Someone had to, right BorgDog. I gotta say I was really..really.. tempted. :twisted:

The Loafer
                        Participant
                          @theloafer

Not an imagination flippers are better under exclusive full screen .  I switch  off exclusive while doing tests (f1 to call up vpm won’t work ) and was having a bitch of a time hitting the middle loop in Space Invaders and just kept missing the shot, just seemed off. Put exclusive back on and shots were more in tune with nut reaction time.

vp devs better not take that option away!  Grrr boo arghhh!

Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            ContributorMemberModerator

I expect that fullscreen would give me a boost, but, I really haven’t any problems that I’ve noticed at least running windowed. Yes. I still run with those jagged edges but it doesn’t bother me that much. I should probably just do the switch, but I always find myself busy adjusting or doing other stuff that “needs” to be done. Long time plan is to buy a 1080 and then go 4k at the same time. It is kind of … don’t want to spoil the moment by something in between.

BorgDog
                            Participant
                              @borgdog
                              MemberContributorvip

Someone had to, right BorgDog. I gotta say I was really..really.. tempted. :twisted:

lol, for as much as I just “play” I basically don’t.  almost all my play time is play testing something I’m working on.  A new table comes out like cyclone and I’ll run a few games and then see.. ooh that’s cool, let me steal that and put it in something I’m working on (looking at the nice holes to the subway), then it’s back to working on tables.  If I find time to just play I’ll usually pick one of the real machines sitting around for a few games, and try to at least use a couple a day just to keep switches clean and such, don’t know how randr does it.. oh wait he has his maid do it  :yes:

Jesperpark
                              Participant
                                @jesperpark

Okay I was wrong on 2 accounts

1. I did not try Cyclone last night, but just tried it and noticed it has some stutter, so switched to Exclusive full screen and yeah no stutter andeverything just seems snapier.  I can run everything just like TNT posted here
                                2. Now that i think about it, and check my notes (yes i have notes on all this) the backglass issue was a pinballX related issue not a exclusive full screen issue.

So why did i go away from exclusive again? Heck if i can remember, maybe had a option screen the first time of a game like back to the future and forgot to put it back :whistle:

Can I change my vote now?

TerryRed
                                  @terryred
                                  MemberContributorModerator

Well i finally switched to exclusive full screen last night. I have had stutter on Back to the future and Cyclone and after trying EVERYTHING i switch cab to exclusive and presto silky smooth like my wife’s skin used to be 20 years ago! Now how many users are running exclusive full screen? Poll time!

OMG, quote of the year…LOL!  Sorry Mrs. randr!  ;)

Here’s what my settings were when I was using a gtx 960 and an HDTV for my pf screen. You may need to disable Brute Force 4x AA for some tables….

As for the DDRAW issue…. I think the issue won’t affect you if you are using “Load External DLL”  for real DMD or Freezy’s dmdext.    Otherwise, you may still get the error, but easy solution is export your registry settings for PinMAME, edit with wordpad, then find and replace the DDRAW settings for all tables to what you need it to be. Save it, and then reimport these settings into the registry.

There’s really no excuse to not use Freezy’s dmdext with virtual DMD’s in a cab now. Ever since using dmdext, I’ve never had to think about any issue with DDRAW.

My god randr….first I convince you to finally update your DOF configs after 2 years….then you install chimes on a whim….them you go exclusive full screen….

….what’s next?  :)

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Well…. I also changed out 86 hinges in kitchen to soft close! Now the wife cannot slam the dang cabinet doors. So nice I cannot tell you how nice soft close hinges are.

********************************************************
                                    for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

Well…. I also changed out 86 hinges in kitchen to soft close! Now the wife cannot slam the dang cabinet doors. So nice I cannot tell you how nice soft close hinges are.

Haha…I also get sooo annoyed when my wife does that. I might have to make that a project some day.  :)

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Soft close compared to standard

9899B5F9-7D90-4F03-9FD2-BE377363FA4F

for IOS and Android

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

here is proof of the hinges i was not kidding

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

Lol…. I love it!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 59 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?