Exclusive Full Screen

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    arconovum
    Participant
      @nicholaschristopher
      MemberContributor

Like they say a wife’s place is in the kitchen!!! ;) now if that doesn’t make her slam something I don’t know what will! :whistle:

EDIT: btw <<off topic>>

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Yes WAY off topic :) but its funny.

I have fully tested exclusive full screen tonight and can run any VPX table with Brute Force and smooth as butter! no issues with backglass at all ONLY thing that is a pain is script options pop up window and script errors so people need to start doing in game menus instead like joust table or many borgdog tables also has in game menus.

See back on topic like it never happened  :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

The Loafer
        Participant
          @theloafer

Well…. I also changed out 86 hinges in kitchen to soft close! Now the wife cannot slam the dang cabinet doors. So nice I cannot tell you how nice soft close hinges are.

Haha…I also get sooo annoyed when my wife does that. I might have to make that a project some day. :)

My wife keeps complaining I slam the damn cabinet doors.  F man, now I may have another project or… I can ensure you don’t talk about this to the wifey!

edit: saw the video, showed Jackie

The Loafer
          Participant
            @theloafer

update:  Jackie LOL’ed at the video, now she wants this.  Jokes on her, I usually just slam the cabinet door that has the garbage can behind it (under the sink). So I’m gonna just change that one and see what she thinks eheh

on topic:  Ok, I never tried this brute strength 4XAA thing and holy shit, is it ever better than “fast AA” or whatever that’s called.  It’s amazing, I can actually read the rules card! LOL  Table just got a nice bump, a 980 in the pincab isn’t overkill anymore!

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

update: Jackie LOL’ed at the video, now she wants this. Jokes on her, I usually just slam the cabinet door that has the garbage can behind it (under the sink). So I’m gonna just change one and see what she thinks eheh on topic: Ok, I never tried this brute strength 4XAA thing and holy shit, is it ever better than “fast AA” or whatever that’s called. It’s amazing, I can actually read the rules card! LOL Table just got a nice bump, a 980 in the pincab isn’t overkill anymore!

Fast AA is crap. It gives a soft AA effect which you never want.

Since you have a 980, you could actually use nvidia DSR (with no Brute Force AA) to run your HDTV at “3840 x 2160, 4K”….or otherwords, DSR is a really good form of supersampling wihch is better than Brute Force AA.

I have a 970 and I did this until I actually got a 4K screen in my cab. Ran great…..,though you would have to run everything in 3840×2160….PBX, FP, FX2, etc and re-align your DMD…all that good stuff.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

This is all great info!

for IOS and Android

The Loafer
                Participant
                  @theloafer

I have a hardware DMD so that wouldn’t be an issue.  I remember others mentioning this a while back, ok I’ll have to give this a try sometime this weekend.  Thanks for the tip Terry, would love to see your setup someday, I’m considering getting a 4K screen (want to upgrade from my 42″ to 46″ to get a closer to life size).  I’m concerned of lag on those screen though, I’ll ask you some details but we will move this to private before the site owner nags us about “off topic” lol.

bord
                    @bord
                    MembervipContributorModerator

Here’s a head scratcher: In windowed mode @sliderpoint’s Cyclone run perfectly. No stutter. In exclusive fullscreen it is choppy as f. Shouldn’t that be the other way around?

TerryRed
                      @terryred

Here’s a head scratcher: In windowed mode @sliderpoint‘s Cyclone run perfectly. No stutter. In exclusive fullscreen it is choppy as f. Shouldn’t that be the other way around?

Make sure that you dont have vsync forced on in nvidia control panel, but do have vsync set to 1 and max pre-rendered frames to 1 in VPX.  If you have a decent gpu and cpu, then my settings i posted should set you just fine.

Most issues are from incorrect vsync settings.   A properly setup game with correct vsync settings and exclusive full screen, should always run better than windowed mode.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                      Jesperpark
                      Participant
                        @jesperpark

So this being the Cyclone tables fault, i just want to say thanks to @sliderpoint for finally making me go to exclusive full screen :heart:

Honestly between this and the new graphics card, selling the virtual pin for another real pin is no longer an option  :good:

DJRobX
                          @djrobx
                          MemberModerator

Here’s a head scratcher: In windowed mode @sliderpoint‘s Cyclone run perfectly. No stutter. In exclusive fullscreen it is choppy as f. Shouldn’t that be the other way around?

Make sure that you dont have vsync forced on in nvidia control panel, but do have vsync set to 1 and max pre-rendered frames to 1 in VPX. If you have a decent gpu and cpu, then my settings i posted should set you just fine. Most issues are from incorrect vsync settings. A properly setup game with correct vsync settings and exclusive full screen, should always run better than windowed mode.

Cyclone is the only table that runs slow on my cab (GTX960).  If I turn off playfield reflections it’s fine, though.  *Shrug*.  I’ll have to try it in windowed mode.

Definitely less flipper lag in exclusive mode on mine.

Jodannar
                          Participant
                            @jodannar

Not yet. haven’t changed modes, only reason i haven’t tried is having to change draw to 0 for all noms in the registry

The Loafer
                            Participant
                              @theloafer

Thought I’d posted a reply last night to this thread but I guess I forgot to click on submit.  Shrug

Terry is awesome and wins the “best vpinball.com member of the day” award!  so I tried this nvidia DSR and it works even better than the force brute AA, highly recommend you try it.    As terry mentioned to me, when setting DSR, ensure the smoothing factor is set to 0.  I was also surprised vpx worked with it on without having to set your playfield resolution to 4K in windows desktop itself, the 4K resolution becomes available as an option natively under VPX.  This is not true of vp9 and physmod, if you want those to run at 4K resolution than you have to set your windows desktop itself to 4K.

thanks Terry!

Seraph
                              Participant
                                @seraph

My 1/4c :)

Use fs exclusive in pinball x via a batch command

Using vp, or pinx recorder fs exc off

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Not yet. haven’t changed modes, only reason i haven’t tried is having to change draw to 0 for all noms in the registry

Bigg boss’s program setdmd will change registry with one click

********************************************************
                                  for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

Bigg boss’s program setdmd will change registry with one click

Is that a new feature? I know the older setdmd didn’t have that option, which is why I exported PinMAME configs to a .reg file and just edited that with notepad.

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

always been there i think

setdmd

for IOS and Android

Attachments:
                                      TNT2
                                      Participant
                                        @tnt2

update: Jackie LOL’ed at the video, now she wants this. Jokes on her, I usually just slam the cabinet door that has the garbage can behind it (under the sink). So I’m gonna just change one and see what she thinks eheh on topic: Ok, I never tried this brute strength 4XAA thing and holy shit, is it ever better than “fast AA” or whatever that’s called. It’s amazing, I can actually read the rules card! LOL Table just got a nice bump, a 980 in the pincab isn’t overkill anymore!

Fast AA is crap. It gives a soft AA effect which you never want. Since you have a 980, you could actually use nvidia DSR (with no Brute Force AA) to run your HDTV at “3840 x 2160, 4K”….or otherwords, DSR is a really good form of supersampling wihch is better than Brute Force AA. I have a 970 and I did this until I actually got a 4K screen in my cab. Ran great…..,though you would have to run everything in 3840×2160….PBX, FP, FX2, etc and re-align your DMD…all that good stuff.

Interesting. Started looking into these settings. Is DSR only available on the 970 and 980s?

CarnyPriest
                                        Participant
                                          @carnypriest

I’ve used it since shortly after it came out, years ago – GTX660 – I use it on all systems at 4K except for FP where I can only manage downscaling from 3K with acceptable performance. I do that and turn off other AA because you don’t need it with DSR.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=29529

Jesperpark
                                          Participant
                                            @jesperpark

Yes WAY off topic :) but its funny. I have fully tested exclusive full screen tonight and can run any VPX table with Brute Force and smooth as butter! no issues with backglass at all ONLY thing that is a pain is script options pop up window and script errors so people need to start doing in game menus instead like joust table or many borgdog tables also has in game menus. See back on topic like it never happened :good:

So is there or will there be a way to overcome the pop up windows, being hidden in the background in the future?  I think PBX recorder auto switches back to windowed when running videos.  In games menu’s and error messages are hidden, which is just an annoyance more than anything.  Just asking

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 59 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?