Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    wrd1972
    Participant
    @wrd1972
    MembervipContributor

Okay its FINALLY time for me to do a new table. So with the blessing from “Ganjafarmer”, and building from his already nicely done VP10 table, I am working on a kick-ass mod for F-14 Tomcat. This has always been one of my favorite pins due to the fast-paced play, and intense light show it gives. Expect all the features and tricks that I have put into my previous tables, to go into this new mod too. I really want to thank GF for allowing me to leverage his table scripting and resources for this mod.

A usual, this will be team effort with “Cyberpez” working on the 3D features, and “Rothbauerw” helping out with the scripting voodoo, and likely a few more folks yet to be named.

What to expect:

• All walls, guides, targets, ramps and countless other physical objects precisely scaled and accurately positioned on the playfield
    • Primitives for all plastics
    • Primitive PF lighting inserts that provide greater detail
    • New disabled-lighting features for very realistic lighting of domes and inserts
    • wrd1972 physics and lighting based on the new features and scripting by “nFozzy”
    • Crazy ridiculous attention to detail…as usual
    • Likely some other neat shit I have not even thought up yet

So now that the Tomcat is out of the bag. Does anybody on here have a real F-14 pin? I would like to have access to additional F-14 resources besides the usual ones that are found on the web. Please let me know if you have one. You will get something very nice in return.

Any body feel the need…the need for speed?

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by wrd1972.
    8 users thanked author for this post.
    TNT2
    Participant
    @tnt2

:yahoo:

Slydog43
    Participant
    @slydog43

I had one a few years back that I sold to a friend about 1 hour away.  If its really needed I can go over and get anything you want.  Its not in the best shape (thats why I sold it).

baalisan
    Participant
    @baalisan

You do truly awesome work wrd1972 so this F-14 mod is guaranteed to be amazing!  Am I reading too much into this or will this be Top Gun themed?  Top Gun is one of my all time top 3 fav films!

Marrok
    Participant
    @coyohtay

BTW, I just completed a high res scan and photoshop rebuild of this playfield to print an overlay to restore my machine.  PM me if you’re interested.

TXT11
    Participant
    @txt11

Hey wrd1972 – Could I run something by you?  (Not sure how to pm you) – Do you still run your Nvidia 760GTX (MSI Twin Frozr) under Win XP or have you gone to a later o/s?  Reason I ask – would you know what version of the Geforce drivers run best under Win XP?  I’ve just moved to a MSI GTX780 card and the monitor scaling options are &^%$*)….. :heart:   :heart:

wrd1972
    Participant
    @wrd1972
    MembervipContributor

Sorry for the long delay. I ditched that card long ago since it just did not have enough horsepower. I am now running a 970GTX IIRC.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

chucky87
    Participant
    @chucky87

BTW, I just completed a high res scan and photoshop rebuild of this playfield to print an overlay to restore my machine. PM me if you’re interested.

yes please thank you

L0stS0ul
    Participant
    @l0sts0ul

It just so happens that I stumbled across an F-14 a few weeks back and decided to bring it home. The playfield and plastics are not in the best of shape. Like most F-14’s the mylar was pulling up BAD and the inserts were all lifted. Had to remove all of the insert lettering and buy some replacement decals. Been restoring it for the last few weeks and I’m not sure I ever want to take mylar off a machine again :) It might not be good for scans but I can take any detailed measurements you need. Just let me know if there is anything I can help with.

IMG_20190920_002353259

wrd1972
    Participant
    @wrd1972
    MembervipContributor

Nice i will be in touch.

Its been a few weeks since i could do much with it. But i hit it pretty hard the last couple days. CP is starting the prims and all table objects and ramps are correctly scaled. It is really coming along nicely.

cyberpez
    Participant
    @cyberpez

It just so happens that I stumbled across an F-14 a few weeks back and decided to bring it home. The playfield and plastics are not in the best of shape. Like most F-14’s the mylar was pulling up BAD and the inserts were all lifted. Had to remove all of the insert lettering and buy some replacement decals. Been restoring it for the last few weeks and I’m not sure I ever want to take mylar off a machine again :) It might not be good for scans but I can take any detailed measurements you need. Just let me know if there is anything I can help with.

IMG_20190920_002353259

@L0stS0ul

If you are taking the plastics off, scans would be amazing. or good pics of the details would be good too.  I’m starting to do redraws of them as they are fairly simple, but better starter pics would help a ton!!!

L0stS0ul
    Participant
    @l0sts0ul

I sent you a pm with overview pictures I took. The plastics and playfield are not in the best shape but any pics you need specifically just let me know and I’ll get them for you. I can probably scan some of the smaller plastics with the scanner I have. This thing looks like it was in a bar for a number of years so the colors are faded a bit.

wrd1972
    Participant
    @wrd1972
    MembervipContributor

Yes I know…I know! Its been a LONG DAMN time coming. But I am back to work on F14. The table is 75% and looking and playing really good. Mostly just fine tuning left to do on various things. Teaser pic attached.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by wrd1972.
    Attachments:
    TNT2
    Participant
    @tnt2

*Mr Burns*

Excellent…..

sebcemoi
    Participant
    @sebcemoi

Happy to known you’re workin on this update, preview looks very nice :good:

wrd1972
    Participant
    @wrd1972
    MembervipContributor

Well I have lost my  messages from a couple folks with a real F14. Anyone here have one?

If you have one and can provide me a few thing, please PM me. BTW you get my beta table to test.

Thanks

Scotty VH
    @scottt
    ModeratorMember

I have it.  It’s not in the best condition.  What do you need?  Feel free to PM me.

Ashlong
    Participant
    @ashlong

A friend of mine has one in his basement. If you need resources let me know and I’ll see what I can do for you.

Flupper
    Participant
    @philippe

About a week ago I finally sent my version back to Wrd1972, F-14 now has…:

• new remodelled wireramps with hdr textures (rendered in Octane)
    • my new dome flashers
    • my new prerendered inserts from whirlwind
    • a shadow layer
    • a GI layer for the playfields and the plastics
    • a new black ramp texture and transparent plastics on top of it

http://vpforums.org/imghost/178/screenshot7.jpg

http://vpforums.org/imghost/178/screenshot6.jpg

6 users thanked author for this post.
    TNT2
    Participant
    @tnt2

Wahoo!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW