This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  STAT 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
     STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Hi Guys,

please someone can help out here, i am frustrated … had a HDD Crash, and with a small Backup and
    some Files from damaged HDD, now i have a fresh Win 10 SSD in my Cab, well .. all is working again.

Except the VPinSPA … you know what it is … and i don’t ask here for the Files, no i have it all.
    On my Cab, i always get the “Failed to load DLL” Error – over VPin Test – of Course also with VPX.

Yeah, and what the Hell – i tried it out on my Laptop #2, and … was working.
    But not on Cab … both are Win 10 64Bit … maybe there is a missing Install like .NET/C++, whatever … :unsure:

So please, someone had the “Failed to load DLL” – and could solve it / know how to solve ? :cry:

Oldschool4 
    Participant

I had a similar issue solved it by setting ddraw to 0. Same operating sysytem also. .net 2010 and 2012?

STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

2010, 2012 installed, yes …

Oldschool4 
    Participant

I check event veiwer in windows,said .net prob,but already installed,ddraw to 0 solved.reinstall,?double check.It something simple always.

STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Can you quick explain, how to set “ddraw to 0” ? Very often read, but never needed … probably until now … :scratch:
    Reinstall what, VPinSPA ? Yes …
    Never used “Event Viewer” … ?

Thanks for your help :good:

Oldschool4 
    Participant

Explained on this site,open up command prompt as administrator,navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\VisualPinmame\Spagb_100

Look for ddraw in list,if it is 1 change to 0.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

Are you using force fullscreen then Stat ? Anyway – what he is talking about is almost explained completely here :

https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/ – in this case the rom is of course the rom from the table and the setting on the right you want to double click and change is ddraw. But, I would be surprised to learn that this is the culprit. Give it a try, can’t hurt.

STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Ah ok Regedit, ok … tried delete, and Restart “Rom”, and also with ddraw to 0,
    no success, “Failed to load DLL” again …

Thalamus, Force Full – no, because all other Tables are fine, i bet also this one, exc. i can’t load VPin … …  :unsure:

STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Live from Cab  :bye: …  :cry:

Failed

STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

VPin

Oldschool4 
    Participant

I have C++ 2008 x64 -x86, 2010 x64 x86. 2012 x64 x86, 2013 x64 x86. Restart system. then reinstall dll. I think it only needs x86, but more wont hurt. :wacko:

STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

I also thinking about a missing _x86 Part …

STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Got it ! Thanks to all here for your Help !

Especially a big thank you very much to @slippifishi , yes there was a missing _X86 Install, what i needed.

I only have the Black Bar, right to the DMD but with “Use external” i get the DMD only.

slippifishi 
    Participant

Glad you got it working buddy, I was worried I might have problems if/when I ever format my cab :)

For the record, the original redist file posted in the original thread has the following properties:

redist

There is a copy of this file on the following google share, though beware this link will not last forever so get it while you can:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-CGYVTqru2N6IGAKbYK8ZAaleMTcXK82

:good:

Rehab 
    Participant

Glad you got it working buddy, I was worried I might have problems if/when I ever format my cab :)

For the record, the original redist file posted in the original thread has the following properties:

redist

There is a copy of this file on the following google share, though beware this link will not last forever so get it while you can:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-CGYVTqru2N6IGAKbYK8ZAaleMTcXK82

:good:

Hi, I also get the “Failed to load <path> SternGB.dll”-error. What was missing and how did you fix it?

Thanks!

Zheks

STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Download from the Google Drive Link above, install and try again.

And give a “Thanks” to slippifishi :bye:

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account