Fine tuning addressable leds?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    topper-2k
    Participant
      @topper-2k

I’m setting up addressable LED strips for the first time.

It’s pretty awesome. But I find on some tables flashers that are in the middle of the table trigger LEDs near the back.

Can you point me in the right direction to get started on fine tuning that sort of thing?

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

I’m setting up addressable LED strips for the first time.
        It’s pretty awesome. But I find on some tables flashers that are in the middle of the table trigger LEDs near the back.
        Can you point me in the right direction to get started on fine tuning that sort of thing?

http://pinball.weilenmann.net/docu/DirectOutputWIP/inifiles.html#inifiles_introduction
        http://configtool.vpuniverse.com/login.php

topper-2k
        Participant
          @topper-2k

Thanks. I guess I was hoping I could do another couple laps in the kiddie pool before jumping into the deep end of DOF. But if I have to take the plunge I guess I will.

topper-2k
          Participant
            @topper-2k

Well here’s a shot answer (OK it’s not very short). Not sure if this is the only way, or the best way, but it worked.

Here’s an example of what I was trying to do. On Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure, there’s a yellow flasher on the right side about midway back on the playfield. The default DOF had a cluster of leds flashing in the top right corner whenever that playfield light flashed. I wanted to move it so the real LEDs would match what I see on the playfield more closely.

The process roughly goes:

In this case, the line controlling this appears to be “PF Right Flashers MX.” I don’t really understand the difference between when something is found under “flashers MX” and when it’s found under “effects MX.” I just found it by trial and error. The default entry is below with the part that positions those LEDs in bold.

S10 Red AL0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L0/S20 Red AL0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L1/S24 Red AL0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L2/S52 Orange AL0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L3/S53 Red 0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L4/W56 Lime f200 AL0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L5

I knew this had to be in either PF Right Flashers MX or PF Right Effects MX because it happens in my right side LED strip. It looked yellow to me, so I guessed that it was the “orange” one.

From the documentation here: http://directoutput.github.io/DirectOutput/inifiles.html#inifiles_matrix (a version of which OutHere linked to above), I figured out that what I needed to adjust was the value for AT (top position). That’s expressed as a percent from 1-100. Here’s a quick break down of what all those numbers mean (I think).

• S52 = Solenoid #52 (This DOF command is triggered every time solenoid #52 fires in the code for the table)
            • Orange = LED color
            • AL0 = Left position 0% (far left, which in this case is all it can be because we’re talking about a 1pixel wide strip)
            • AT0 = Top Position 0% (all the way at the top)
            • AW100 = Width 100% (again, only dealing with a 1 pixel wide strip, so this is all this can be)
            • AH15 = Height 15% (I have 52 LEDs in this strip so this means 8 of them will light up. If you have 100 LEDs in yours, 15 of them will light up.)
            • L3 = Layer 3 (I have no idea what a ‘layer’ is in DOF)

So AT0 in the default setting put this light at the very top. AT50 would put it half way down closer to the player. 30 isn’t perfect, but it’s close enough for me. So I updated that line with what you see in red below.

S10 Red AL0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L0/S20 Red AL0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L1/S24 Red AL0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L2/S52 Orange AL0 AT30 AW100 AH15 L3/S53 Red 0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L4/W56 Lime f200 AL0 AT0 AW100 AH15 L5

Saved, exported, copied the files to my C:\\DirectOutput directory.

Now when that yellow flasher on the right side of the playfield lights up, the LEDs in my strip next to it also light up yellow.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?