Fire! VPX Conversion WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    DJRobX
      @djrobx
      MemberModerator

Thanks Randr,

I know the table will kick the single ball out when 37 trips.   But what happens if a ball is locked, and another ball goes in where 49 is (enters on the playfield, near my green circle)?  It’s not an easy shot to make intentionally but it does happen by chance.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

OH! ok i will try that and let you know

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Ok. The way the switch is orientated the ball can never go in there from playfield it would hit it like a wall. So just put a one way gate there hidden.

Here is my one handed photo @djrobx

79E40225-1700-4996-874D-06CCC9590153
          E7034FF0-B3D2-4B9B-A76A-24AB4BED2AAF

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
          TNT2
          Participant
            @tnt2

I am still convinced randr owns every pinball table.  :yes:

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

I am still convinced randr owns every pinball table. :yes:

Over the last 25 years I’ve had many pins for sure but only at most 35 in collection at one time. Currently only own 18 pins most from over 20 years ago so it’s a old collection

for IOS and Android

DJRobX
                @djrobx
                MemberModerator

Perfect.    Mystery solved!   Thanks!

bord
                  @bord
                  MembervipContributorModerator

Currently only own 18 pins most from over 20 years ago so it’s a old collection

Old pinball collections are the best pinball collections.

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Perfect. Mystery solved! Thanks!

Trying to think of another pinball that uses a “rollover” switch that is designed like that to be one way only! cant think of any

for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
                    Participant
                      @jesperpark

Currently only own 18 pins most from over 20 years ago so it’s a old collection

Old pinball collections are the best pinball collections.

Old collection?!  Every one of you machines are classics, and highly sought after, love the variety.  Although i see a tendency towards fire buttons over plungers

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

only 5 have a button :)

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

DJRobX
                          @djrobx
                          MemberModerator

To Do List -fully test table I only played one game -fire animation code needs to be fully tested more accurately line 91 Set Motor Callback Game Timer reference – Solenoid controlled lights need to may not be authentic to the manual -Add GI lights -add Williams primitive flippers

@32assassin,

Did you leave your rebuild here for me or others to pick up and work on, or were you planning on doing the items in the to-do list?    You’ve done a lot of great work there!   If you were contributing the rebuild towards this project I would be happy to re-integrate lights and such with yours as a base.    No reason for both of us to work on different Fire tables.  :)

32assassin
                          Participant
                            @32assassin

feel free to use it,  that was my intention.

I have to many projects to work on, I don’t plan to work on something someone else is building.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                            https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

DJRobX
                              @djrobx
                              MemberModerator

Awesome; then I will do just that.   :)  Thanks!

2 users thanked author for this post.
                              DJRobX
                                @djrobx
                                MemberModerator

Here’s a new WIP.   All new VPX lighting, Flupper’s primitive flippers, surround sound support, with 32Assassin’s rebuild as a base.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1xL99ApI0eFNTVxTEQtcUw4WHM/view?usp=sharing

Please note this absolutely requires VPX 10.4 beta for a proper light show.  It makes extensive use of both the new “disable lighting from below” as well as the new blended disable lighting options.   I spent quite a bit of time reviewing videos of real Fire! machines to try and match what the lights and flashers were doing.

32A’s rebuild plays much faster, but I like it a lot.   It has some interesting physics quirks – the balls will sometimes fly off ramps if you hit it hard enough!    So far it has never rendered the table unplayable, the ball always ends up somewhere.    I kind of like it!    There have been a few people who have asked for VPX tables that have this “feature” so I might leave it this way!   :)

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                Sliderpoint
                                Participant
                                  @sliderpoint
                                  MemberContributor

Wow looking really good!  Hans and Tony always get burned in the buildings when I play :-(   lol

I see you got (at least, if not more) the flippers from the default table.  Minor problem, they are the wrong length.  Should be 117.65.  We’ll figure out how to get that corrected in the beta thread.

DJRobX
                                    @djrobx
                                    MemberModerator

Thanks.  I didn’t change it from 32A’s, but I did move them a bit to try and stop the bounce.     I suspect the angles are probably wrong too.  :) Any corrections appreciated.  :)

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus
                                      ContributorMemberModerator

Wow looking really good! Hans and Tony always get burned in the buildings when I play :-( lol I see you got (at least, if not more) the flippers from the default table. Minor problem, they are the wrong length. Should be 117.65. We’ll figure out how to get that corrected in the beta thread.

I have to ask. Flipper sizes. I’ve been trying to find out what the correct sizes are for a lot of tables. Would it mean that the default table now is corrected so I can expect to find correct sizes from the most common ones and adjust for the 117.65 mentioned above of course. Any other resource you guys use maybe ?

Sliderpoint
                                      Participant
                                        @sliderpoint
                                        MemberContributor

I have to ask. Flipper sizes. I’ve been trying to find out what the correct sizes are for a lot of tables. Would it mean that the default table now is corrected so I can expect to find correct sizes from the most common ones and adjust for the 117.65 mentioned above of course. Any other resource you guys use maybe ?

Yes, they should be correct once changed to 117.65 length (combined with the other radius settings from the default table) this would be for ’modern’ standard 3” flippers (williams, bally, capcom, sega, data east, stern, JJP, Spooky, american, heighway, chicago, etc. and I think even the late gottlieb ones that said gottlieb on top)

You can change the radius’/lengths and increase the rubber thickness for a thicker rubber.

This isn’t lightning, carrots, early gottlieb or anything like that.  Some tables just have different ones and you just have to look for those, but this is what would be considered modern standard.

-Mike

Sliderpoint
                                        Participant
                                          @sliderpoint
                                          MemberContributor

Another little tip,  Standard flipper gap on modern pins is considered to be 6.75 inches.   So in order for your flippers to be ‘lined up’ both flippers should have the exact same Y coordinate and the X coordinate of the left flipper should be Rightflippers (X – 317.655).  Once aligned, try to always select them both together to move them around.  (note: may not apply to this table FIRE!, I have no idea. A lot of pins move these around so do some research).

This is kind of why me and @BorgDog are always harping on making sure the table dimensions are correct to begin with. Line up with actual measurements when possible and not just go off of the graphic, because those can get stretched easy.  Then it makes getting the physics of the shots a lot easier to replicate from a real pin.

-Mike

STAT
                                          Participant
                                            @stefanaustria
                                            MemberContributor

DJRobX, i want to to give it a try with the latest DL, but Flippers don’t move up / down … what’s wrong here ?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?