This topic contains 114 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  gtxjoe 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 115 total)
  • Author
     DJRobX 
    MemberModerator

I'm very excited to present the Fire! 2.0.

This is a significant update to the VPX mod of UncleWilly and Randr's awesome Fire! table!   VPX 10.4 or better required, 10.5 beta recommended.

Thanks to:

Wrd1972 and Bord: Both of them have relentlessly worked to make 2.0 an amazing update!   My hat is off to them.    They went way above and beyond on this project and can't thank them enough.

UncleWilly and Randr for their amazing VP9 original, and Randr for guidance on that left lock behavior.

32Assassin for his VPX rebuild of the script and table. HauntFreaks for color-correcting sling areas so they light up properly. RustyCardores for PMD™ input. VPX team for the wonderful engine. NFozzy/Ninuzzu for fast flipper and ball shadow routines Flupper for primitive flippers

Total of 28 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
     Ben Logan2 
    Participant

Yes! Love this table. Thanks for the VPX version, DJRobX. My Saturday night is made!

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Nice! Will try this out. Thank you!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

TNT2 
    Participant

Thank you good sir. A Williams classic!

bord 
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

Man, you don’t mess around! Great work.

TNT2 
    Participant

Also thanks for inserting the DMD for us force exclusive fullscreen and desktop users. :good:

DJRobX 
    MemberModerator

Also thanks for inserting the DMD for us force exclusive fullscreen and desktop users.

Indeed.   I was planning on adding that (exclusive is WAY faster on my laptop), but 32Assassin already had included that in his rebuild, so thanks to him for that!

On that subject, there’s a known issue in VPX, lights on the backdrop don’t work with all video drivers.  So if you don’t see scores in desktop mode, you may have to change  “.hidden = 1” to “.hidden = 0” in the script to enable the old ugly VPM display.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

If I had one complaint it’s the hardware on sling plastic and other plastics. Should be rubber plugs not lock nuts but that’s nit picking. Good job

I’ll up a couple pics look at hardware holding plastics on

A80E7BCD-2E9A-4A38-B696-90601D6188B1
    BBF90D7B-5CB1-47D9-9EDE-1B942D33E8D2

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

Attachments:
     Jesperpark 
    Participant

Had a chance to play a few games tonight, plays really well, sounds are amazing, all around a great job by everyone.

DJRobX 
    MemberModerator

If I had one complaint it’s the hardware on sling plastic and other plastics. Should be rubber plugs not lock nuts but that’s nit picking. Good job I’ll up a couple pics look at hardware holding plastics

Good catch … the caps are actually there, but most are missing the image assignment or are mapped to metal materials incorrectly.   Please check this one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vqmofkcnr7zk386/Fire%21%20%28Williams%201987%29%20v1.01.vpx.zip?dl=0

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Sven34 
    Participant

Fatastic work DJRobX, 32Assassin  :yahoo:

TerryRed 
    MemberContributorModerator

We actually have this table here in Ottawa Pinball Arcade. Really neat table, so I’m glad to see a VPX version!

The only thing missing is the video of Mrs. randr  doing the Fire!  dance.   :)   That should be made into a fantasy B2S file….   haha!

Mark70 
    Participant

Great build and awesome lightning. Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am looking for T2 cabinet decals, please send pm for offers.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vogliadicane 
    Participant

Super awsome, thanks a lot! :good:   :good:   :yes:

maybe a coin in sound for future releases?

Ben Logan2 
    Participant

The lights fade in and out so smoothly. Seems like a pretty big leap forward. I especially love the way the topmost part of the table looks when lit up (pictured in screenshot). Looks very natural.

Thanks to UW and company for a great table upon which to build this current beauty! Played the VP9 version a bunch.

chokeee 
    Participant

Thanks for VPX version. Looks great, I played it about 3 hours and in my opinion the one thing should be fixed is oftenstrong ball backspin. I tried to change some elements friction, ball mass etc. I think it plays better now but it is not as good as it should. Maybe some physic master could help? ClarkKent? ;)

DJRobX 
    MemberModerator

Anyone who wants to try to update the physics, please feel free to share your version here on this topic as a dropbox link.     It’s been so long since I’ve played a real one, I don’t have a good memory of how it should play, so I left 32Assassin’s settings mostly untouched.

I had PM’d ClarkKent about my last table but didn’t get a response from him, don’t know if he has time to work on this, but would love it if he could.  :)

You probably want to reduce the flipper strength to reduce backspin.  They’re set pretty strong now, but you need them somewhat strong to hit those upper targets easily, and I kind of like the faster action.   :)

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

I agree. In general I would say that we are a bit to restrictive when it comes to general game speed.

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

I recommend @wrd1972 for physics help.  He does a fantastic job.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

chokeee 
    Participant

There is only one thing I dont like in VPX – unnatural backspin ;)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account