Fire! (Williams 1987) VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Draifet
    Participant
      @draifet

I love the clean works like this one, so crisp and nice, one of my fav tables for sure, so unique and fun to play. U are awesome.

I only see a small detail that maybe u can fix on a future update if u agree with me, the 2 screws on the top center building are floating over it.

wrd1972
      Participant
        @wrd1972
        MembervipContributor

HF,

I only played the real one once, and that was last year. Try to help me better understand what can be done to make the gameplay a bit better. Might elaborate on shots, rubber rebound etc.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

vogliadicane
        Participant
          @vogliadicane

wow now this is a super crisp update, looks fantastic on my 4k monitor. And I love the new physics, never played the real thing though, but it feels truely real! :heart:

I hate to say it, guys, but I liked a bit more the more fire-like background illumination of the 2 fire ramps (see image left is old right is new).
          Anything else is just wow. Maybe I’ll mod mimic the old look, but I’ll definitely stick to this version. :yes:

Attachments:
          HauntFreaks
            @hauntfreaks
            vipContributorMember

HF,

I only played the real one once, and that was last year. Try to help me better understand what can be done to make the gameplay a bit better. Might elaborate on shots, rubber rebound etc.

once RandR gets this loaded up he will be the best to test and play the real machine, side by side…. its most likely just VPX being VPX since its inherently always easier then the real thing….

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

May be a while….I just had another grandkid born this morning!

baby girl 8lbs 3oz

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

2 users thanked author for this post.
              STAT
              Participant
                @stefanaustria
                MemberContributor

… Plays great in dark cellar Rooms :)

robertms
                Participant
                  @mophead

May be a while….I just had another grandkid born this morning!

baby girl 8lbs 3oz

Congratulations Granpa, she’s spectacular!

DJRobX
                    @djrobx
                    MemberModerator

I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again, I can’t thank both of you enough for your work on this. It plays awesome, I think it’s about as close as we can get to the real one I played a couple months ago.

Yes, get the 4k monitor. It’s mind-blowingly better. You can see all the tiny details – all the meticulous work Bord put into the models really shines, figuratively and literally.

I just played the real one this weekend… as much as this plays like an awesome VPX table, the real one is much much harder…. the ball feel good like a a good VPX…. so it would be hard to say its not a great playing table… just doesnt play like the real thing….

the look of the table is stunning , I didnt think it could look any better than it already did, but wow, this looks so goddamn good, its lit beautiful…. top notch textures… over all great table… thanks guys

It plays extremely close to the real one in the pinball museum in Banning, CA.    Your mileage will of course vary with a different ~30 year old machine maintained by someone else.  :)

The only exception is the center ramp shots up the ladder were much harder to land.   I think this is not easily solved with current VPX physics – I suspect it is an issue of ball strength at certain trajectories which is an issue some of us have discussed.   Making the flippers weaker will make it unrealistic in other ways.

Pinbolt
                    Participant
                      @pinbolt

Congrats randr.

DJRobX
                        @djrobx
                        MemberModerator

wow now this is a super crisp update, looks fantastic on my 4k monitor. And I love the new physics, never played the real thing though, but it feels truely real! :heart:

I hate to say it, guys, but I liked a bit more the more fire-like background illumination of the 2 fire ramps (see image left is old right is new).

Anything else is just wow. Maybe I’ll mod mimic the old look, but I’ll definitely stick to this version. :yes:

Wrd toned my old lighting down a bit to prevent it from washing out PF details, it’s definitely a preferences thing.    If you do mod it to mimic my old look please share what you changed.  If possible I’ll make it a setting in a future script.    I like options. :)

DJRobX
                          @djrobx
                          MemberModerator

I love the clean works like this one, so crisp and nice, one of my fav tables for sure, so unique and fun to play. U are awesome.
                          I only see a small detail that maybe u can fix on a future update if u agree with me, the 2 screws on the top center building are floating over it.

Change Z to 180 on primitive 249/250.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

@DJrobX ….. are you saying RandR’s Fire machine isnt clean??…lol   it looks and I’m guess played like new… since its the only fire I ever played…

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

My fire is perfectly clean. Also I installed nos playfield it can’t be any cleaner ;)

********************************************************
                              for IOS and Android

robertms
                              Participant
                                @mophead

here’s my POV… and also primitive cab wall height

Alright Hauntfreaks I gotta ask, what’s with the <1 X-Scale lately?? Some new special sauce we should be aware of?

DJRobX
                                  @djrobx
                                  MemberModerator

@djrobx ….. are you saying RandR’s Fire machine isnt clean??…lol it looks and I’m guess played like new… since its the only fire I ever played…

Where do you see that I said anything of the sort?   I said the machine you played probably plays different from the machine that this table is tuned to be like.  It’s pretty darn unlikely that you find two 30 year old machines that play exactly the same.    The table I played may have been set at a slightly lesser slope, had weaker slings, older rubbers, not-exactly-to-spec flipper positions, etc.    One thing for sure though, the table wasn’t significantly more difficult than this VPX version.   My average game duration/score was very similar.

HauntFreaks
                                    @hauntfreaks
                                    vipContributorMember

@djrobx ….. are you saying RandR’s Fire machine isnt clean??…lol it looks and I’m guess played like new… since its the only fire I ever played…

Where do you see that I said anything of the sort? I said the machine you played probably plays different from the machine that this table is tuned to be like. It’s pretty darn unlikely that you find two 30 year old machines that play exactly the same. The table I played may have been set at a slightly lesser slope, had weaker slings, older rubbers, not-exactly-to-spec flipper positions, etc. One thing for sure though, the table wasn’t significantly more difficult than this VPX version. My average game duration/score was very similar.

I was Joking :(

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Yeah I think hauntfreaks was attacking me actually :) I loaded new fire on my desktop and looks killer! Well done! I’ve always like this table very cool to have it in visual pinball with the quality work.

for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
                                        @hauntfreaks
                                        vipContributorMember

Alright Hauntfreaks I gotta ask, what’s with the <1 X-Scale lately?? Some new special sauce we should be aware of?

lol…. I’m making sure there is no zooming at all, I have no proof (yet) if it makes any difference… but what i have noticed is, it not hurting the quality…
                                        but the technique is to adjust the Z-offset to max out the Y-scale so it equals 1
                                        then adjust the  X-scale down to fit….
                                        again does this make anything better??… I dont know, I just know its not hurting anything….

Mark70
                                        Participant
                                          @mark70

It never has been more fun to play fire! Thanks to all involved!

Jopp
                                          Participant
                                            @joppnl

Thank you so much for this update. It really looks great.

Gameplay…may-be I’m the only one here but here shooting up the ladder-ramp is almost impossible.

To get the ball on to the ramp it must be shot really from the start of the flipper but then it has not enough power and a little later the power is ok but the shot can not be made.

Really annoying having the ramp up at ball1 and not getting it up the ramp with the remaining 4 balls (put it on 5 balls/game).

But…may-be I’m the only one as it has not be mentioned here before and the game is a piece of art to look at  :heart:    Thanks!

My favorite pinball machine?
                                            Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 117 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?